More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 16, 13:57:18

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6518 Members
Latest Member: Willaemann
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  People I don't know are calling...no NL
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: People I don't know are calling...no NL  (Read 4077 times)
windy_moon
Feckless Fool

View Profile
People I don't know are calling...no NL
« on: 2005 September 27, 08:38:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Huh

No NL installed, just Uni. 

I have JM's phone hack and auto yak.  I've gotten rid of all of my townies and have the noregeneration hack, too.

Just recently, people who don't know my Sim have started calling.  It's happened in two houses.  These may be "known" Sims but the relationship in both cases was 0/0. 

I don't mind, really, because these are core Sims who are calling each other.  I wanted them to be friends eventually and this is a no fuss way to hook them up. Sort of weird, though, that one caller was pretty stalkerish until he got hold of the 0/0 Sim he wanted to talk to...I think he called the house 4 or 5 times until she was available.

(It's also possible, I guess, that they were at another house at the same time and I used "introduce", and but they didn't build any points.  Recently found the "introduce" button and haven't kept track of whom I used it with.)

More startled than anything else as I've never seen this before.  Normal in your game?

Thanks.

Reality is for those who lack imagination.
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
Re: People I don't know are calling...no NL
« Reply #1 on: 2005 September 27, 09:31:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They could be 'stalkers', something that I noticed with Nightlife.  I have several Sims who perform this role, they ring-up everybody they meet until they build-up a relationship with them.  Most of them are teenagers or YA's (in fact, all of them are, I think).  I don't mind it because in the case of the first to start (the daughter of Sophie Miguel & Brandon Lillard) she made it to perma-plat at Uni via 20 Best Friends.  She rings absolutely everybody she encounters and often the relationship is 0/0.  I also have several YA dormies who do it, the adopted son of Cassandra & Darren does it (or did until he left Uni, not noticed him doing it now) and also one of Don Lothario's grandsons (a teen).  In all cases they're Popularity Sims, so it's actually true-to-life in that Sims who wanted lots of friends would be more likely to ring people they hardly knew to try to get to know them better. 

Yes, they do ring several times a day sometimes, but there's nothing to stop my Sims putting the phone down on them if it's inconvenient.  Better that than losing out on the friendship.  I quite like the feature, actually.  In NL it's sort of developed and now 0/0 Sims are ringing to invite Sims out on outings.  Similarly, Sims who are 0/0 with Sims they are attracted to will approach them and try to build-up a relationship, which is exactly how it happens in real life.  Romance Sims in particular do this, but that's to be expected.  They will approach a total stranger and hug them and it's usually accepted if there's a mutual attraction. 
« Last Edit: 2005 September 27, 09:46:20 by Ancient Sim » Logged

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 September 27, 10:04:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I noticed this before I installed NL with just Uni.  I had resurrected Michael Bachelor and changed him back to an adult.  Not sure if that has anything to do with it though.  He likes to call Devlin Dreamer all the time.  He is the son of Darren and Ivy Dreamer.  He is an adult now and married to Eternity Goth, Cassandra's daughter with a CAS sim I made.  I don't remember introducing them because I don't use that feature much (I forget it's there, to be honest).  I think they met either at the Goth's house, where Michael is living with his wife and Cassandra and her husband, or else they met at a party that Devlin and Eternity had and invited Michael.  But it seems like Michael is always calling Devlin now, even though they have a 100/100 relationship.  Since I have Danny's dma teleporter with Caller ID, I don't even bother answering the phone when I see it's him. Tongue  Nothing against Michael, I like him, but there is no point in interrupting whatever Devlin is doing at the time to waste time talking when there is no more relationship gain to be had.  Especially when he already talked to him earlier.  It's kind of creepy.  Like you said, if they don't have a relationship, I don't mind letting them stay on the phone and talk, especially when I had JM's phonehack and they'd stay on until they reached 100 STR.  But it doesn't make sense when you're already at 100.  Although in real life, I could see doing that because those are the people I would want to spend most of my time talking to.  In a game like this, it's about the numbers though.  Undecided
windy_moon
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 September 28, 00:04:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you both.

The first "stalker" pleased me because her name Chatty Kathee and she's most definitely a popularity Sim.   If she doesn't know everybody in town yet, I can certainly see her sitting down to just call random Sims and chat them up.  Doing it without my prompting was quite a hoot.

The second "stalker" is a little harder to adjust to.  He's very nice, but he's a knowledge Sim with a little family and he spends most of his time studying, playing chess or making medicine.  He and his wife have more than enough friends already.  I can't see why he would decide to just call random Sims...but, I guess you don't know anybody the way you think you do...which makes for it's own story.   Tongue

Reality is for those who lack imagination.
themaltesebippy
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 September 28, 17:58:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had the stalkers too.  I don't even turn on my phone 90% of the time in RL, why the hell do I want to hear that in my game??  So far phones and pianos are going bye bye untill JM's need mods come out.
Hook
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 September 28, 19:29:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When I got tired of the phone ringing in one house I sold off the wall phone and bought a table phone and small table.  When it starts ringing and I don't wanna hear it, I move the table to the back corner of the lot.

Oddly enough, while I don't have the piano fix in my game any more, in at least one house the piano never stopped being fun.  Maybe it was because when the piano first became 24 hours old the piano hack was still in the game.

I'd suggest maintaining your relationships to the point where the phone doesn't ring at 4 PM every day.  You will get a lot of calls you might not want to miss with Nightlife.  For example, after a dream date you get calls from "contacts" who count as family friends until their timer runs out, and they start with 30 daily relationship (but are still counted as friends).

Hook

If some is good and more is better, then too much ought to be just about right.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 September 28, 19:35:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

At least the autoyakyak hack still works, so I can use that to keep up my sims' relationships until the phonehack is NL ready.  It's still annoying when the phone rings and rings and my sims keep wanting to go answer it instead of doing what I tell them to.   Angry  It just boggles my mind how anyone could play this game after developing the neighborhood where everyone has lots of friends and not go crazy listening to the phone ring constantly.  Maxis should have at least included an Off switch for the ringer on the phones.
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2005 September 28, 22:33:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd suggest maintaining your relationships to the point where the phone doesn't ring at 4 PM every day. 
Hook

Just out of curiosity, what is that "point"? 

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: