More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 16, 06:33:34

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6518 Members
Latest Member: Willaemann
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  In need of a flaming bag of poo...
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: In need of a flaming bag of poo...  (Read 6192 times)
MuertoElBarto
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
In need of a flaming bag of poo...
« on: 2006 September 25, 03:31:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lips sealed
« Last Edit: 2008 January 30, 02:34:49 by ViveElBarto » Logged
idtaminger
Lipless Loser

View Profile
Re: In need of a flaming bag of poo...
« Reply #1 on: 2006 September 25, 04:00:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The coupons always get left a long time afterwards. I always get it days after the actual date.

And as for flaming bags of poo, cheating seems to work pretty well for that. Have your sim go on a date, but have him/her get it on w/ someone else.
MyPrecious
Blathering Buffoon

"And we don't want any of that nonsense, do we?"

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 September 25, 15:11:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No clue about the flaming poo bags, but I get coupons all the time, they don't arrive with the bill post always and usually the next day (I think) in fact the wrong sims nick them. I have never had a bad date (I like the rewards too much) and always eat something expensive when on the date, (not lobster it takes forever).

Maybe to get coupons you just have to eat something good (expensive) and have a good date? Huh

A definition of loafing is; when you can't be bothered to open the curtains so you click the Glastonbury festival web cam to check the weather…

O môr henion i dhû:
travellersside
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 September 25, 17:00:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I heard that you got the coupons from outings, although I've never seen them myself.
Not that I bother with outings, so that would probably be why.
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 September 25, 17:01:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not necessarily. I rarely have my sims eat out on a date. Takes too long, but I still get coupons.

And I never do outings either, so no coupons for outings.

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
dream_operator
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 September 25, 23:48:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't help you with the coupons because although I get them all of the time, I don't know what I do to trigger it.  I do know that the cheating definitely worked for getting a bag of poo for my husband's sim.  He rarely plays so he always does a bad job of things and on one of his sims' dates he had the sim flirt with someone other than his date because he was clueless.  He certainly got the flaming bag of poo and I about died of laughter.  My husband on the other hand found nothing funny in the situation.

There is no meaning in our world for us who live there. No meaning at all. -Ulquiorra
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 September 25, 23:53:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought to get coupons you need to be on a date/outing and order the food the sims show in a thought bubble just as they sit down? I never get coupons, so it is very likely I'm wrong about this. Grin

I get poo all the time. The sims don't cheat or do anything else out of the ordinary, they just have horrible dates, and then they get poo.

Fail.
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 September 26, 00:12:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've only had one poo date - it was when the fraudulent matchmaker set my guy up with the Social Worker. As I recall, the poo arrived fairly quickly - no more than a day later, at any rate.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 September 26, 01:39:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The boost you get from it doesn't even begin to offset the massive time sink it is, during which you can't earn any other points.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
KatEnigma
Axe Murderer
Souped!

ENFJ

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 September 26, 02:14:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I get coupons all the time, but I don't know what I do to earn them either.

I sometimes will send my Sims on outings- if I need to send someone for clothes or video games (once per household, I hate to waste time) they might as well take a date.

The only other times are on the very rare occasions that I send a Sim to University and am playing a Legacy. Sending them on dates downtown is the easiest way to boost their mood and aspiration while I'm busy trying to skill them and earn them good grades.  Otherwise my Legacy Uni Sims tend towards Aspiration Desperation because the things they want to do are stupid and I don't have time to coddle them.

"There is a tragic flaw in our precious Constitution, and I don't know what can be done to fix it. This is it: Only nut cases want to be president."

- Kurt Vonnegut
nectere
Heretic
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 September 27, 01:49:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A quick way to get flaming bags of poo and hate mail is to summon the gypsy, purchase a blind date, ignore date that just fell from sky to ground with a thud, proceed on to asking gypsy for another date, rinse repeat as many times as you like. As soon as second or so date falls from sky and attempts to do the greet thing, date number one (or whatever number he/she is in this torturous affair we call  dating) will send up a "you dumped me you suck" message (or something to that general effect) and leave, thus triggering the awful date requirement for flaming poo and hate mail within seconds. Be sure to pay no more that a few bucks for these dates at best. Generally the jilted dater will send flaming bags of poo that night or the next, as well as ceaslessly begin knocking over your trash. If no flaming bags of poo arrive, check the mail for hate mail that should arrive shortly. Enjoy!
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 September 27, 07:24:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Unfortunately you can't sell FBOPs in stores.
dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 September 27, 07:43:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you try to sell me a FBoP, I would have to sick the BBB on you.  Grin

Onion Girl
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 September 27, 07:50:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The vouchers/coupons - they seem to be a random occurrence to me. My sims don't go on dates or outings all that often, so I don't know if my sims 'earn' them, or they just happen randomly without explanation.

I've only had one poo bag in my game ever, and that was just when I was experimenting. Tongue I like to have my sims who go on dates to have Dream Dates, or at least Great Dates. I usually do it if I want the relationship scores between a couple to improve rapidly, and since my sims are all obsessed with WooHooing (Romance sims in particular, I had one Romance sim who was married, and whenever he arrived home from work, he wanted to WooHoo) I like to use it for making the Wants bars high. I have never gotten any of the bizarre reward type objects from a date. I should probably experiment a little more. Grin

If you like the smell of doung, and being shouted at by farmers, why not take a trip to the countryside?
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 September 27, 11:12:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The boost you get from it doesn't even begin to offset the massive time sink it is, during which you can't earn any other points.

This is so not so. There are plenty of things you can do while eating to earn points. Sure it's not a 'kick the flamingo' fast kind of thing, so probably not for you, but if you have some relationship with your date (especially by the time a 3rd and 4th date with the same person come around) and some time on the clock (usually better not to do it at the start of a date, but more midway with 3 or 4 min.) then you can play (throw food, steal food), flirt (caress hands, feed a bite, something else I'm forgetting), kiss (blow kisses), entertain (toast) etc. and if you're in a booth, the huggly interactions - all of which raise the date score quite well. And if you're going to get engaged anyway, the secret engagement (as long as you're asking someone who will accept :p) will send it right to dream date. And it gets rid of the irritating and persistent 'dine out' wants.

Now slow dance... that one is worse than eating imo. Only a few point score things, which get turned down if the relationship is pretty high, and while the interactions are cute, getting out of it takes awhile. And that want is also persistent and nothing gets rid of it... they immediately want to slow dance some more.

Unsouper
Viscountess
Batelle
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 September 27, 12:29:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now slow dance... that one is worse than eating imo. Only a few point score things, which get turned down if the relationship is pretty high, and while the interactions are cute, getting out of it takes awhile. And that want is also persistent and nothing gets rid of it... they immediately want to slow dance some more.

And you can't queue anything non-slow dance related while they're slow dancing. 

I rarely let my dating sims eat at restaurants because they inevitably get seated at the worse tables, and will sit side by side or adjacent to one another.  Drives me crazy.
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 September 27, 12:31:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, for some reason my Sims are always seated kiddie-corner =p
KittKitt
Garrulous Gimp

Blarg! Er, I mean, Meow?

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 September 27, 12:48:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This seemed like a good place for my rather idiotic pondering, so here goes...

Basically, I played TS2 + Uni for eons and then RL got pesky, so I kinda missed all the EPs for a while and only recently caught up.  I've installed everything since besides GL and some holiday thing I've heard mumbling about here and there, which means I've got NL and OFB and FFS in there now, but...

So far, I've not actually ventured deliberately into much of the new stuff.  That is to say, I've had a couple outings in 'Downtown' or whatnot that NL added, and looked around a bit, but nothing too serious and I haven't yet had a sim own/run a business or anything.

Oh, and I've had probably a dozen or so various dates, but many of them just on regular community lots or even residentials.

So the question is, do I have to DO something to really see any of the new content?  I mean.. I've heard mention of date rewards and thus far I've only ever seen flowers on the doorstep.  I've heard of these coupons and so forth, and never seen anything remotely like that, and I'm wondering if that's just because I haven't really used or perhaps 'fully initialized' the new stuff as yet, or just luck of the draw or what?

Oh yeah.. I also used the work tables to make like a billion or two of those new toy things to see if I could earn some of those badges, but nothing ever happened there either.  I just had a whole truck load of toys to sell from inventory.  *giggle*

Yeah.. I know this is kinda moronic, but honestly I did do some searches, but the combination of keys I've tried didn't net anything overly useful.  I suspect it has to do with the 'last to know' syndrome, so any threads that would really tell me what's 'new' and the specifics about how things get going or whatnot are probably burried pretty deep or something.

Yeah, I have my 'blonde' moments.  Deal.  Wink

-Kitt

Normally, my spiffy avatar-matched banner-thingy goes here.  Since no one else here seems to use those though, and I have nothing particularly witty to add, this space has been intentionally left (not entirely) blank.
idtaminger
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 September 27, 13:03:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, for some reason my Sims are always seated kiddie-corner =p

Lol. Kiddie corner. Cute. Smiley

I rarely let my dating sims eat at restaurants because they inevitably get seated at the worse tables, and will sit side by side or adjacent to one another.  Drives me crazy.

I know. What in the world is up with that? You build the pretty, cushy booths for your sims, and then ugly townie X gets there before you and hogs up the entire table eating alone. Wtf!

I'd really like a way to either shoo away the dining townies instantly, or ask the host/ess for a specific seat.

Possible, Pescado?
Countess
eamethyst
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 September 27, 15:21:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh yeah.. I also used the work tables to make like a billion or two of those new toy things to see if I could earn some of those badges, but nothing ever happened there either.  I just had a whole truck load of toys to sell from inventory.  *giggle*
-Kitt

I know this is only one point of your post, but my recommendation for using the crafting stations is to be sure you have the latest version of Macrotastics with the Skillinator.  It will allow your sim to earn badges, and will automatically sell the resulting items from their inventories.  I usually send permaplat sims to a community lot and set them to work with the crafting stations, only stopping to recharge with the energizer aspiration award.  With the awesome recharge aspiration reward hack, also found here, it takes about a week for sims to earn gold badges in all 3 crafting stations.  And I know there are more awesome ones here which might find this a silly way to do this.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: