More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 16, 08:00:52

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6518 Members
Latest Member: Willaemann
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Cheat Question
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Cheat Question  (Read 4261 times)
daephene
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Cheat Question
« on: 2006 September 10, 02:29:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know there is a cheat to turn playable characters into townies.  Did it come with OFB? I can't find the syntax for it anywhere.  What do I need to type in?
Tamha
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
Re: Cheat Question
« Reply #1 on: 2006 September 10, 02:41:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is a tutorial for this on this forum, found here: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,4090.0.html

A mean person laughs with you because they don't really mean it. A really mean person just laughs at you.
daephene
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 September 10, 03:21:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's far too complicated.  All I want to do is make a few sims into townies so they'll be available in the employee pool (since they have useful skills) but won't take up room in my neighborhood.  I have the OFB patch.  I'm not deleting anybody.  I thought I had read about a cheat to turn sims into townies, but I'm not interested if it requires downloading a hack.
Paperbladder
Paperian Heretic
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 September 10, 03:28:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think Inge's Shrub allows you to make townies out of sims, you'll find the latest version here.  Alternatively, I think you can change which family a sim is in using SimPE but I'm not certain how to do it exactly since I haven't used it in a long time.
daephene
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 September 10, 04:18:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Aha!  It was the NPC and Townie Generator I was looking for.  I couldn't find it because I didn't realize it was a boolprop item, and I'm not very good at skimming tutorials so I got distracted by the deleting and the hacks.  But thanks! Eventually I figured it out.  It's probably a good idea to ask, is there any reason I should not use this particular cheat?
ElfPuddle
Stupid-to-English Translator
Uncouth Undesirable

"Darn! That's the end!"

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 September 10, 04:23:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Because cheats can mess up your game? Or is that mods? I keep forgetting. Immy, do you remember?

I haven't died. I moved to the American South. Rumors to the contrary are highly exaggerated.

Member 960. Admitted to the MATY Senate by a 10-0 vote: 2006 August 10. Expelled by a 15-12 vote: 2008 May 30.
Should that mean anything?
neriana
Souped!

Donatello

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 September 10, 04:28:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hax r bad!! Woolprop makes game go 'splodie!

Daephene, the cheat will not mess up your game. Most of the hacks on this site will make your game less likely to explode, and the rest will improve it in various ways. There are other hacks not of this site, even, that work quite nicely. It sounds like you've been listening to people on the Sims 2 BBS. This is not recommended.

I've experiments to run, there is research to be done on the people who are still alive.
daephene
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 September 10, 04:55:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, I use a few hacks from here, it's just that I don't want very many.  I don't like having many downloads in general, because of load time and the complications of figuring out compatibiltity every time I get a new EP or downlaod a patch.

I actually trust it less as a cheat than I would if it were by Pescado or something, cause I was one of the people with the swarm of uni bugs so my faith in Maxis to make something that works isn't that strong.  I fought the "boolprop is evil" on the bbs during the pre-patch uni days, because it could effectively be used to fix the missed final exam bug, but I still like to hear from someone who has used it for a particular purpose first. I discovered a feature on the Tombstone of L&D called "Age Baby" which in fact does nothing of the sort and randomly created sims I didn't want on my lot, so I have learned not to assume that it will do what the pie menu says.

Incidentally is there a hack or cheat out there that will make my babies age if they don't get to a birthday cake before 6pm? Sometimes it takes over 12 hours, because the parents jump out of the action and just hold the kid instead.  I think forcing an error on the baby and resetting worked, but I'm not entiely sure it didn't just reach the point where the interaction randomly worked on its own.
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 September 10, 05:04:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

use the baby controller!
Horanda
Knuckleheaded Knob

I used to have to be nice

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 September 10, 22:54:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If a baby seems to be stuck in an age transition, you can try getting the adult to put it down on the floor (not in a crib!).
This usually works for me, the adult will pick it up again, and bang its head on the ceiling to turn it into a toddler.

I'm not doing too bad, considering my age and personality
Pro-freedom
Baronetess
TaWanda
Nitwitted Nuisance

stolen from obsessiveicons@livejournal

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 September 10, 23:26:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Unless something has changed with OFB you can use the tombstone of L & D AGE BABY cheat. All caps, the other two age baby cheats import townies into your family. Make sure your baby is not tired, hungry, or in need of a diaper change and is not in a highchair or crib when you age them.
daephene
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 September 11, 02:07:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'll try those, thanks!  I noticed there were three Age Baby cheats, but I think the baby was in the crib when I tried them, so that must be why the only one that actually ages the baby didn't work.  I might try the floor first though, as it's less complicated if it works.  Though most of my sims are having birthday parties these days so I can get party pictures for their albums, it's nice not to have to use the cake every single time.
dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 September 11, 02:37:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would just use the Family Tree in Insimenator and Remove As Townie.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: