More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 19, 04:35:17

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6510 Members
Latest Member: TGTams
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  a place for the newspaper
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: a place for the newspaper  (Read 10081 times)
MaximilianPS
Undead Member

da grammar killer

View Profile
a place for the newspaper
« on: 2006 August 17, 11:50:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

one of the most hated things that i hate is that:
when the sim take the newspaper or a book, and there is an empty table on the room, and he will place it on the floor  Angry

Is there any hack to fix it ?
Is it realy complext do fix it ?  Smiley

* MaximilianPS say thnx while wave*

Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
Re: a place for the newspaper
« Reply #1 on: 2006 August 17, 12:38:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One of my pet hates is the opposite - when they put the book or newspaper on an end table or on my Windkeeper mailbox cover.  I prefer those spots to be reserved for thinking caps, scanner guns, and mail (in the case of the mailbox cover).

If they're too damn lazy to put the book back in the bookcase right next to them, why do they have the energy to walk outside and put it on the mailbox cover?

I like that some sims put their books & newspapers on the floor rather than on other surfaces.  If they're lazy enough to not bother putting them away, then putting them on the floor seems appropriate behaviour to me.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 August 17, 12:47:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's a hack over at DJS Sims that makes anyone but the most lazy sims put books back in the bookcase when they're done with them: http://www.djssims.com/index.php?category=10.  It's down near the bottom of the page.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 August 17, 12:53:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One of my pet hates is the opposite - when they put the book or newspaper on an end table or on my Windkeeper mailbox cover.  I prefer those spots to be reserved for thinking caps, scanner guns, and mail (in the case of the mailbox cover).
Well, the Scanner Gun, if you have the Scanner Gun hack, is Autohoming, meaning your sim will return it to its original spot or the best available surface near it, once done. If interrupted in his attempt to return, it will warpback as if moved in buy mode.

As for the hogging of the Windkeeperian by random crap, you probably want my Hacked Windkeeperian (which should overwrite the original Windkeeperian) in your downloads directory. This version is stripped of all the unnecessary bloatware and smaller as a result, AND will not allow sims to place non-bills on it. Sims will also find it much more highly attractive for placing bills on, so they're not likely to ignore the existence of the Windkeeperian to obsess over placing it on some distant other-table. As a matter of fact, they like placing bills on the Hacked Windkeeperian so much that if you, for some perverse reason, put one on the ass end of the lot, they'll STILL put it there.

But we can't be held responsible if you insist on doing something so monumentally and perversely stupid, and then whine about it. In fact, if you even try this, you'll be trashcanned.

No recolors are included, your original recolors should work. You may need to replace existing Windkeeperians in order for the effect to function, or they might take effect immediately. Do not pull a Ness and leave two versions. The Hacked Windkeeperian is more awesome and superior in every possible way, and thus replaces the original.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 August 17, 13:12:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ooo, shiny -- I 'll definitely give the hacked mailbox shelf a try.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
laeshanin
FURRY!
Malodorous Moron

Fook me, it took long enough to get a title!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 August 17, 15:49:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Definitely shiny. Having me some of that, by jove.

Meh...
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 August 17, 16:34:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, the Scanner Gun, if you have the Scanner Gun hack, is Autohoming, meaning your sim will return it to its original spot or the best available surface near it, once done. If interrupted in his attempt to return, it will warpback as if moved in buy mode.

I have the Scanner Gun hack.  The problem is that sometimes sims will drop a book or thinking cap on the scanner gun's home while the scanner gun is in use.  Which is why I prefer them to drop their books on the floor, rather than another surface, if they really can't be bothered putting it back in the bookcase.  It's not a major problem as macro -> skillinate -> clean will find the gun next time I want to use it, but I'm obsessive about some things - I like my scanner gun to be in it's place when not in use.

The hacked mailbox shelf sounds awesomely shiny.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
MaximilianPS
Undead Member

da grammar killer

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 August 17, 19:20:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

sound great testing now
thnx Grin
starrling
Giraffe Person
Pinheaded Pissant

nyah

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 August 17, 22:17:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Where has this Windkeeperian been hiding all this time?  Or is it new?  Or am I just blind?  (don't answer that)

Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2006 August 17, 22:29:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This annoys me, too (downloads Hacked Windthingy), but what annoys me far more is when they get a Thinking Cap from its home (usually a coffee table or similar) and then when they've finished with it put it on a kitchen worktop.  Even more ridiculous, they will then whinge and whine because there is nowhere to prepare their food.  I am so SICK of going into buy mode to put thinking caps back where they came from.  Any chance of them being treated the same way as the scanner gun?

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 August 17, 22:37:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Where has this Windkeeperian been hiding all this time?  Or is it new?  Or am I just blind?  (don't answer that)

New, hiding, and no comment. Smiley

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 August 17, 23:17:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's not that new, but I would imagine as it's obviously a pay item, it can't be really advertised too much (unless she gave consent for it...)
MaximilianPS
Undead Member

da grammar killer

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 August 17, 23:19:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

btw it's great  Grin thnx alot... i've already said it ?
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 August 18, 14:38:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's not that new, but I would imagine as it's obviously a pay item, it can't be really advertised too much (unless she gave consent for it...)

Well, if it's a pay item, then she has other problems.  I've gotten at least three or four copies of the mailbox shelf with houses I've downloaded from MTS2.  Seems to be fairly common in lots where the creator doesn't clean up custom content first.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 August 18, 15:02:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's been free at TSR for quite awhile, several rotations that I know of. It is still free along with all the recolors. Here's the link:

http://www.thesimsresource.com/downloads/free/sims2/search_mailbox%20cover

I sure needed it hacked though. Mine have a tendency to use it for pizza or thinking caps. Or they put the newspaper on it and then it gets stolen anyway.

Running: Sims2, University, Nightlife, OFB, Pets, Seasons, BV, FT and AL
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: 2006 August 18, 15:15:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nice hacked version Pes, thanks Smiley *presses thanks button several times

nectere
Heretic
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 August 18, 15:36:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

since I cant currently look at it...

* nectere wonders if it is the same mesh or a different one...
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: