More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 16, 08:10:50

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6518 Members
Latest Member: Willaemann
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Weird Grid Bug
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Weird Grid Bug  (Read 3553 times)
kaonashi
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
Weird Grid Bug
« on: 2006 July 26, 18:12:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm having a weird problem with object placement in one of the children's bedrooms in one of my houses. Some of the objects can't be placed properly on the grid. In some cases, when I try to put a toy against the wall, it goes right through it instead. When I tried to move the ceiling lights a little further from each other, one refuses to sit properly on the grid.

This bedroom is the only place in the house with the grid problem. I have boolprop and moveobjects turned off, so I don't know what's going on. Any advice? Thanks!

EDIT: Oh and yes, I have all the patches.
seapup
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Weird Grid Bug
« Reply #1 on: 2006 July 26, 18:18:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

boolProp snapObjectsToGrid [true/false] - Toggles the ability to fine-tune the placement of items, instead of being limited to just placing them at certain spots on the grid. If you find you can't place windows and doors because they won't snap properly onto walls, disable this cheat (and/or remove it from your user startup cheat file) and try again. - From my copy of the game cheats but I can't remember who wrote it
kaonashi
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2006 July 26, 18:23:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

boolProp snapObjectsToGrid [true/false] - Toggles the ability to fine-tune the placement of items, instead of being limited to just placing them at certain spots on the grid.

Thanks, but I turned off that cheat. Admittedly I used it once, but it was for a different room.

Let me explain a little further about the problem. It's not just that the objects won't go in the grid properly, it seems that the grid itself is a little messed up.

You know how that green square surrounding the object appears letting you know that it's ok to place it in a certain position? Well, the green square comes out crooked and weird.
Simsbaby
Pinheaded Pissant

INTP - I didn't do it.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 July 26, 20:09:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just had this problem the other day, some sort of invisible object gets placed. I think it has to do with the bottle.  Download the Stuck Object Remover and place that over the tile that isn't working right. Now go into live mode for a second and the thing should be removed.

Remember - a bimbo is for life and not just for christmas!
kaonashi
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2006 July 26, 21:52:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the advice Simsbaby. I'll download that hack when I get home tonight Smiley Hope it works!
twooflower
Exasperating Eyesore

INTJ and/or P

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2006 July 27, 01:35:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If the stuck object remover doesn't fix the problem, I have another idea.  Sometimes the grid gets messed up when you build.  What you may want to try is the level tool and drag it across each floor, or you can try placing floor tiles on the outside of the walls which sometimes makes the grid pop back to where it should be (and then you can delete the tiles).

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: