More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 16, 12:50:27

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6518 Members
Latest Member: Willaemann
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  How Do You Get Rid of Zits?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: How Do You Get Rid of Zits?  (Read 16743 times)
C.S.
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
Re: How Do You Get Rid of Zits?
« Reply #25 on: 2005 September 04, 23:12:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Everyone seems to want to remake every single sim to make them look pretty, but I keep them the way they are!

Not "everyone want to remake every single sim to make them look pretty", I didn't touch Ty Blubber (or anyone else except Komei's nose) from Sim State even though he sports a stereo-typical Asain look. Sheesh, can he even see out of those slits Maxis put in for his eyes? And there are sims with smaller slits than his.

Curious, how did you sort out the duplicate Skip, Michael and Darleen files? did you resurrect both ghosts?

I renamed the ones without character data and saved a backup copy of the entire Sims 2 game folder for when I have to replay for whatever reason, before all the SimPE updates which I've lost count of. The latest 0.46 version can pull up all the sim names again, so you can try your hand at it  Wink. I posted a reply in Momthing's 'Resurrecting Skip Broke (A SimPE Question)' thread, that's the method I've been using to resurrect the dead. You can use Posie's tutorial too, she has screenshots you can follow (I couldn't figure out how to upload all of mine as there's a limit to how many you can upload here Tongue, yes, I'm an idiot at stuffs like that, and Posie posted before I did, and she did a great job too), way better than written description.

The names of those 3 with character data are grouped together and among the ncps, so skip the first 'Skip', 'Michael' and 'Darleen' you see. Here's a screenshot before I deleted all other unwanted characters:

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: 2005 September 04, 23:24:55 by CuriousSpurious » Logged
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2005 September 04, 23:17:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Looks like I'll have to read it sometime.  I just wondered, really, if it caused a problem in your game, but if you removed the duplicate, I suppose it wouldn't - just imagine, though, if Skip had been haunted by his own ghost!

Zephyr Zodiac
C.S.
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2005 September 04, 23:35:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, no, no, I only deleted all the townies and npcs I didn't want, I didn't remove any duplicates nor those ancestry lines in sims' family trees - why force myself to play them or have my sims remembering everyone they met under the sun but will never be friends with  Undecided, and why spare the nannies, repairmen and all, the game will generate them when they are needed anyway. I like having as controlled a neighbourhood as possible, plus, fewer sims = faster future editing in SimPE  Tongue.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2005 September 04, 23:52:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Rainbow, if you have the Special Event Camera option ticked, this should happen every time you move a teen into college and put them in an empty dorm or house.  it won't happen if there's already someone living there, though.
The option isn't available to me, as I said in another thread, my video card apparently can't handle them.  I'm broke and can't afford one right now or maybe for some time, so I guess I should be happy I can even play the game, but it's disappointing when I hear about stuff like this I am missing out on.  Cry
Lady Moiraine
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: 2005 September 05, 02:16:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lady Moiraine, i think your Alexander looks like Dave Navarro of Red Hot Chilli Peppers!

Alright!  I never thought of that!  I love RHCP!   Grin  I think all my sims are based on some goth/rock/punk type look lol

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2005 September 05, 09:47:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The option isn't available to me, as I said in another thread, my video card apparently can't handle them.  I'm broke and can't afford one right now or maybe for some time, so I guess I should be happy I can even play the game, but it's disappointing when I hear about stuff like this I am missing out on. 

Never mind, it's something to look forward to!  I'm sure you won't always be broke!

Zephyr Zodiac
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2005 September 06, 02:15:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Gee, I hope not. Sad
Melancholic Madam
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2005 September 06, 02:45:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

my Alexander Goth doesn't resemble the picture posted either.  his nose looks nothing like Mortimers.  it's much larger and more rounded. it's just really BIG! I know hair styles, glasses and facial hair make a big difference, but I just don't see how this could be the same Alexander I have in my game.  I had Alexander marry a sim from a family I created (3rd generation).  they all have great noses, and hers is cute and perky.  they had a son who has a nose the size of the Rock of Gibralter.  he is not allowed to father any more males. 

I left his specs too.  they are what defines him to me.

An empty head is not really empty; it is stuffed with rubbish. Hence the difficulty of forcing anything into it. ~ Eric Hoffer
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2005 September 06, 02:49:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, he's a pretty ugly YA in my game, and specless, but he's been living in the Frat house for so long now, I think he'll eventually die there!

Zephyr Zodiac
Baronetess
vcline
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2005 September 06, 22:56:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks to everyone on the suggestion to use "change appearance."  I didn't actually try it out yet because I've been working in the regular neighborhood.  I did notice that even though poor Hal Capp had to spend all of his college years with a great big zit on his forehead, he was blemish-free when he graduated, so I'm not going to worry about the others.

Vicki
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2005 September 06, 23:01:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And for those of you that like zits (Pescado?) Damage has some facepaints including zits on MTS2.  The file is called MTS2_8235_DamageInc356_dmg_maxisfacegoodies

and also includes freckles.  (So you could even give your YA an extra zit or two!)

Zephyr Zodiac
bluecatvon
Feckless Fool

I'm so handsome

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2005 September 07, 15:29:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lady Moiraine, i think your Alexander looks like Dave Navarro of Red Hot Chilli Peppers!

Alright! I never thought of that! I love RHCP! Grin I think all my sims are based on some goth/rock/punk type look lol

even your avatar has that look Smiley keep it going! yay!

Our Creator was bored. Our Creator made humans. Our Creator loves Sims 2!
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: