More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 16, 13:22:32

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6518 Members
Latest Member: Willaemann
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  No Age Descrimination Hack
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: No Age Descrimination Hack  (Read 3424 times)
Sonshine
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
No Age Descrimination Hack
« on: 2006 July 02, 01:51:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi, Does anybody know if there is an updated one that works w/OFB and FFS? I d/led the OFB NoAgeDescrimination hack and put it in my d/l folder, ran the game, and tried to get my elder a decent job, but the only things he can get even thru the comp is level 1! Like School Crossing Guard in Law Enforcement. He has MANY more skills than that which is required for level 1! Does anybody know anything about this? Thanks.
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
Re: No Age Descrimination Hack
« Reply #1 on: 2006 July 02, 01:53:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

did you look in the OFB hack directory?  there is definitely one.
Nec
Malodorous Moron

I have no sense of humor.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 July 02, 03:36:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You must have some sort of conflict or something. I just checked it, and the elder was able to get a job starting as a security guard. He also made it to Medical job level 3 before applying for that. Do you keep your hacks in their own folder?
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2006 July 02, 04:03:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If he was only able to make it to Level 3, then it's not working, because Level 3 is the maximum for elders/teens.  It doesn't work for me, either.  Mine can only get elder jobs.  It hasn't worked for me for a long time, so I just alter them in SimPE.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
Nec
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 July 02, 04:07:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I will go back to the field he was in and see if I can get him to level 4. I saved right before changing jobs so that should not be a problem. I have just Uni and NL, but it is the same file as far as noagediscrimination goes. Maybe OFB FUBARed it.
Sonshine
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 July 02, 04:09:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You must have some sort of conflict or something. I just checked it, and the elder was able to get a job starting as a security guard. He also made it to Medical job level 3 before applying for that. Do you keep your hacks in their own folder?

Yes my hacks are all in their own folder.  Thanks for the suggestion. I'll go thru my hacks and see what happens.
Nec
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 July 02, 04:39:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes my hacks are all in their own folder.  Thanks for the suggestion. I'll go thru my hacks and see what happens.

OK, my favorite tool for checking is Dizzy's d2check. I am linking you to a modified version of it (by shy) in the same thread because it checks for hacks that have spaces in the names. Put it in your hacks folder, double click on d2check.exe, and it will open a DOS window listing all conflicts. It will list what hacks conflict with each other and where they conflict. There are some conflicts that are acceptable (such as Crammyboy's nudist hack and Pescado's noshockforoutgoing) Also, if a hack has recolors it will show that as a conflict, even though it isn't, because of the duplicate GUID. If you are unsure and want to make it a text file to show some one you have to go to the File menu, edit..select all. Then edit...copy, then paste into notepad. There is supposed to be a way to make it output a txt file, but I have not been successful at it.

d2check

Ancient, I just got to level 4 Medical. Maybe it is an OFB thing or a conflict? I know thet the kitten killer with the noadultjobs flavor pack causes problems. I have no idea if you have that though.
sintrinity
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 July 02, 04:52:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have OFB and no trouble with this one except that it only works on non-hacked computers.  I use Monique's computer most of the time so some of my elders have two (Monique's and a non-custom one to get their jobs).

Maybe you have a custom computer?
Sonshine
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 July 02, 07:43:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes! I do and yes, I was using Monique's comp! lol. This family can easily afford another comp, lol. That would explain why the hack "doesn't work." LOL Thanks!
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 July 02, 19:38:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It should work the same if you use "Find a job" on Monique's computer.  They have to have the necessary skills, of course, and level 6 is the highest they can get without a degree.  It doesn't work if you use the "Career" option to pick which career you want them to have.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: