More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 16, 11:43:19

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6518 Members
Latest Member: Willaemann
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  The annoying sneaky sim
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: The annoying sneaky sim  (Read 4596 times)
Nec
Malodorous Moron

I have no sense of humor.

View Profile
The annoying sneaky sim
« on: 2006 July 01, 06:06:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you ever noticed that when sim A has a dream date with sim B, and sim B sneaks up later with a stereo, sculpture, what have you - that unless you play sim B's lot (assuming sim B is a playable) the next time they show up to another sim's house for a visit, welcome wagon, etc., that they are still stuck in the sneaky walk?

I imagine this has to do with their 'last saved' state - much like the vampire 'daytime flee' issue. I find this extremely annoying, personally. I can't be the only one who finds this annoying.<-- added to clarify

« Last Edit: 2006 July 01, 07:29:31 by Nec » Logged
gypsylady
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
Re: The annoying sneaky sim
« Reply #1 on: 2006 July 01, 07:23:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No your not the only one. I have had it happen in my game too.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2006 July 01, 09:15:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It is funny, cos I have got a dormie who seems to be stuck in the graduation gown, and sneaks everywhere! Cheesy I've tried getting him to join in the hot-tub to change his clothes, and interacting with him-he is fine for that visit, but when he comes back-he is the same sneaky sim!

Regna
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 July 01, 15:45:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It tends to happen in my game with a certain regularity since I tend to focus on a lot for a extended period before switching to another.

I had a sim have a date with his pregnant girlfriend, and afterwards she would alternate between sneaking and waddling wherever she went unitl I went to her lot to let her give birth... poor thing  Smiley
daephene
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 July 01, 17:34:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been having a lot of glitches with presents after dates.  The closest to your problem that I've had is with one of my dormies.  He was dating Miranda Capp rather a lot when she was in college, but then she graduated.  I had other sims in the dorm, so I continued to play that lot and he was still there.  Then I had him move into my fraternity.  Now whenever I play the dorm lot, he shows up every other day or so to drop off flowers for Miranda.  He's annoying me.

Mostly I have trouble with sims who live on the same lot.  Whenever a couple goes on a date, sometime after they get home the one who did not initiate the date will stop what they're doing to drop off the flowers.  They put them down, sigh longingly, then they kinda jump and the flowers are back in their hands.  They put them back down, sigh, do it again...anywhere from 2 to 6 times.  And once, Romeo completely jumped out of the action, the flowers disappeared, and for the rest of the day he could not interact with his fiancee in any way unless an object was involved.  When he was active I could not click on her, and vice versa, unless they were both in the hot tub or sitting on the couch together.  Eventually I used boolprop cheats to force error on Romeo himself, and that seemed to clear it up.

Is there a mod out there that will prevent gift giving, so these glitches will just go away?
Nec
Malodorous Moron

I have no sense of humor.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 July 01, 18:02:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there a mod out there that will prevent gift giving, so these glitches will just go away?

Have you tried with non-premade Maxis families to see if it happens? Premades are notoriously buggy, and cause glitches for no apparent reason.
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2006 July 01, 19:39:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Glad you mentioned this, I had a Sim the other day walking by a lot like that and I had no idea why.  I can't remember whether he'd been on a date or not, but it sounds as if he probably had.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
Viscountess
Batelle
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 July 01, 19:50:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you tried with non-premade Maxis families to see if it happens? Premades are notoriously buggy, and cause glitches for no apparent reason.

I've had the flowers glitch over and over with pre-made and CAS sims, both singles and couples that live together.  I almost lost one of my vampires because he was stuck in the give flowers/sigh cycle from 6:30 am- 7:30 a.m.  I've never had any issues afterwards, though. 
crazi_aboutu
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 July 01, 20:19:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are you sure that there is enough room by the door for the flowers to be dropped off this seems to be a problem I remember talk about in another thread.  Taht if there isn't room to drop off flowers and turn around they pick them up again repeatedly, just a thought.
daephene
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 July 02, 02:07:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The repeat dropping off happens with everyone.  I'm not sure if they all just happen to have small porches, I'll try to check that out.  Not all of my couples bother to go on dates once they're living together, but Romeo's engaged to one who wants fifty dream dates, so they seem to have one a day.  Maybe Romeo was the one with the major glitch because he's premade, but the situation with the dormie is puzzling.  Especially as he's playable now, I've played him since Miranda moved out, and he's only messed up when I'm playing the dorm.  I think maybe my dorms are just glitchy too.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 July 02, 06:43:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had the problem with sims who live in the same house getting stuck in the loop dropping off the flowers ever since the game came out.  They haven't fixed this in any of the patches.  Usually if I queue up an action afterwards, even if it's "Run here" it will break the cycle.  I haven't had this problem with sims who don't live on the same lot.  I have observed sims getting stuck in the sneaking walk.  I had one come to Club Dante in Bluewater that I recognized as a sim who one of my sims had recently had a date with.  It seems to clear up on its own somehow.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2006 July 02, 07:27:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had the problem with sims who live in the same house getting stuck in the loop dropping off the flowers ever since the game came out.  They haven't fixed this in any of the patches.  Usually if I queue up an action afterwards, even if it's "Run here" it will break the cycle.  I haven't had this problem with sims who don't live on the same lot.

Same here rainbow.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: