More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 16, 07:21:29

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6518 Members
Latest Member: Willaemann
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Can't I build any dorm in a uni neighbourhood ?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Can't I build any dorm in a uni neighbourhood ?  (Read 10404 times)
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
Re: Can't I build any dorm in a uni neighbourhood ?
« Reply #25 on: 2006 June 12, 14:46:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you stickone of Gnomon's flamingoes on your community lot, (or TJ's energy thingy) they can stay there almost indefinitely, phone thier friends etc., and as long as the college clock is also on the lot and you freeze the time there when you arrive, they won't lose any of their remaining time at their dorm or house, although they will attend class normally.  Actually, if you put either Echo or DJS 's sleep on community lots hacks in, they could live there for the whole of their stay at Uni!

Zephyr Zodiac
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2006 June 12, 17:21:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've done that with SS lots on occasion (had a sim spend an entire semester there).  Great place for making new friends, gaining skills, and even getting a little action, since the first thing I usually do with those SS funds in wall in a section of the house and add a double bed for my sim to, um, exercise on.  I guess the game treats the SS lot as a dorm, because my sims have always been able to sleep there without any hacks.

The only downside on the SS lot is that they can't make phone calls out to friends, only to go home.  But they can receive incoming calls, which with JMPs mods actually become useful.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2006 June 12, 19:22:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Of course, having an inventory is useful too - those SS funds need to be spent in a good cause, and what better cause than letting your sim buy the expensive stuff he needs, sticking it in his inventory and taking it home?  (Always supposing he can use his inventory there.)

Zephyr Zodiac
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2006 June 12, 22:32:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Of course, having an inventory is useful too - those SS funds need to be spent in a good cause, and what better cause than letting your sim buy the expensive stuff he needs, sticking it in his inventory and taking it home?  (Always supposing he can use his inventory there.)

Been there, done that, stole the TV. Smiley  Yea, the inventory works on SS lots.  Like I said, the game treats them more like dorms than community lots, and in some cases even more like a rental house, since all the buy and build options are available without using the dorm build cheat. The only other downside is you can't hire a maid for a SS, so you either have to clean up after yourself, or use your influence on one of the dim-witted SS members to clean the place up for you.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2006 June 12, 22:36:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But you get cleaning skills!  The only sim I ever got abducted was knowledge, and he loved cleaning up!  Since I now ban dormies etc. everywhere, my sims don't get the chance any more - but I suppose if one got the want, I might allow dormies and the SS Prof to visit.

Zephyr Zodiac
Dark Trepie
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2006 June 13, 11:48:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, you could spend all of the SS lot's money on stuff and bring it back with you with the inventory.  But I much perfer pilfering all of the career rewards there with it.   Grin
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2006 June 13, 12:20:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why not have both?

Zephyr Zodiac
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2006 June 13, 12:25:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does the SS lot regenerate at all?  If you pilfer the rewards, will they ever return short of being put back?

jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2006 June 13, 12:28:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, once they're gone, they're gone.  Any changes to the SS lot are sticky, regardless of whether you're adding or subtracting stuff.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: 2006 June 13, 14:25:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, I usually buy any things they want there such as expensive computers, instuments etc. I only do this if they actually want these things though-contarary to what Pescado says, I try not to 'cheat' Grin

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2006 June 13, 15:23:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

At least he doesn't say you're an incompetent cheat! Embarrassed

Zephyr Zodiac
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: