More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 16, 11:25:38

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6518 Members
Latest Member: Willaemann
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  I don't like you, but kiss me and I'll love you ...
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: I don't like you, but kiss me and I'll love you ...  (Read 4278 times)
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
I don't like you, but kiss me and I'll love you ...
« on: 2006 June 09, 14:32:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Saw something rather intriguing in my game yesterday.  I was over on campus and one of the newly moved-in YA's was chatting to a dormie.  I noticed that she had a crossed-out bolt for him, which indicated that one of them fancied the other but it wasn't reciprocated.  Shortly afterwards, he kissed her out of the blue and immediately she had 3 bolts for him.  It's the first time I've ever seen a kiss change a crossed-out bolt to 3 bolts - anyone else had this happen?

I also saw Mariel Pleasant (daughter of Mary-Sue & Daniel) actually ACCEPT a hit-on from a female cow mascot, resulting in her changing her sexual preferences from male to both.  This was her first contact with the cow, so I was very surprised she accepted it.  The worrying thing about it is that she now fancies Dopey Doris, the dormie with the permanent death wish (who has been mentioned in other threads), so I will have to watch that one.  Only one bolt luckily, but Dopey Doris has a tendency to home-in on anyone she fancies even slightly.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
Re: I don't like you, but kiss me and I'll love you ...
« Reply #1 on: 2006 June 09, 15:14:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think you can trust the bolts until some actual romantic interaction takes place (or at minimum, a 'check sim out').  And yea, I've seen them fluctuate over the course of a sim's 'life' -- couples that start out with 1 or 2 bolts eventually get three, or ones that start with three before they're married drop to 1 after they're married for a while.

Though come to think of it, that last part is probably more true to RL than the other way. Smiley

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 June 09, 15:16:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Saw something rather intriguing in my game yesterday.  I was over on campus and one of the newly moved-in YA's was chatting to a dormie.  I noticed that she had a crossed-out bolt for him, which indicated that one of them fancied the other but it wasn't reciprocated.
That's not what it means, actually. X-bolt just means that the average of the attractions, or "chemistry", is somewhat negative.

Shortly afterwards, he kissed her out of the blue and immediately she had 3 bolts for him.  It's the first time I've ever seen a kiss change a crossed-out bolt to 3 bolts - anyone else had this happen?
Bolt-results are "sticky", in that changes do not take effect on your sim immediately unless something triggers an update. Although going from X-bolts to 3 bolts is certainly abnormal, unless there was a previously cached garbage-result.

I also saw Mariel Pleasant (daughter of Mary-Sue & Daniel) actually ACCEPT a hit-on from a female cow mascot, resulting in her changing her sexual preferences from male to both.
Hit-on has very low acceptance criteria. Normally, it's only available at low levels, but the cow can do it anytime he feels like it as part of his NPC behaviors. If you don't have the Romance mod, sims pretty much always accept it. Even if you do, it has low criteria, so not having strong preferences set yet (as would appear to be the case) will not be a sufficient penalty.

This was her first contact with the cow, so I was very surprised she accepted it.
Hit On's acceptance criteria is nearly nil, and there's a bug which causes outgoing sims to always accept it. The Romance mod fixes this bug, but it's still a very low acceptance criteria.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Process Denied
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 June 09, 16:29:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One of them probably hadn't checked the other out yet.  If it was a dormie maybe she didn't have a sexual preference yet and the kiss gave her one.  The late checker outer probably fancies the other Sim more than they fancy her.  I have a Sim that is a perfect match for another Sim-- Aries/Taurus-- both wealth-- personality points very close--and all turn ons match and they don't fit each other's turn offs.  The male(Taurus)practically crawls on the floor with his tongue hanging out and they have 3 bolts,but when I asked the girl to check him out,she shrugged.  I don't get it they are romantically involved,and she is exactlly like her mother(this is Brandi Broke's third child)and her mother is crazy about him.  There has got to be a glitch some where.  I have a romance father and a romance son both are identical in every way but looks.  On a consistent basis, the Dad will be repulsed or shrug at a girl and have an X but the son will have 2 bolts.  It happened at a community center last night and I tryed everything I new to do besides change personality or aspiration but it never changed.  There has to be some prob somewhere.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 June 09, 16:42:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nah, there's probably some secret random attraction/repulsion generator in the game that was just put there to drive us all nuts. Smiley

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 June 09, 17:00:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm absolutely sure there is more to it than we think.  For one example, I have a rather abnormal number of YA's who are full outgoing Leo's in one game, and they all have three bolts for each other.  One of them just to make things more complex, has three bolts for her fiance who is a Pisces or a Cancer, not sure, but very shy), and her erstwhile best friend who has 2 bolts for him (but had a crush on  him as a teen) nearly broke them up by leaping into his arms at his graduation party!

Zephyr Zodiac
ElviraGoth
Knuckleheaded Knob

Just another shitty day in paradise

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 June 09, 23:26:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The title of this thread made me think of something that happened in my game the other day.

Two sims - one playable and the other a visitor (also one of mine from another house).  They were not getting along well at all (had the crossed out bolt) - poking each other and all that.  Daily relationship was negative.  I got tired of the tirade between these two and told the resident to tell the visitor to leave.  So she did - not the "shoo' motion or even a handshake but instead kissed him rather passionately!  (Had to be tongues involved!)

I don't think it changed their DR to each other any, but talk about a love-hate relationship!

Werewolf?<br />There! There wolf!  There castle!
Baroness
cwieberdink
Retarded Reprobate

Dark and evil penguins!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 June 10, 00:06:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Two sims - one playable and the other a visitor (also one of mine from another house).  They were not getting along well at all (had the crossed out bolt) - poking each other and all that.  Daily relationship was negative.  I got tired of the tirade between these two and told the resident to tell the visitor to leave.  So she did - not the "shoo' motion or even a handshake but instead kissed him rather passionately!  (Had to be tongues involved!)

I don't think it changed their DR to each other any, but talk about a love-hate relationship!
I saw this exacty thing between Crystal Vu and General Grunt on the first day of playing NL.  I even posted about it here.  They were fighting out by the street and he had the burning furious symbol of her at the same time hearts were floating out of his head about her.  When he said goodbye to her, he kissed her passionately although he was furious at her and had a negative relationship score.  It was a blast!

C

Darkerdink -- aide to Dark_Trepie.  Now with moar dark!
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 June 10, 08:54:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Split personality sim-style!  Do you have TJ's Casual Romance installed?
« Last Edit: 2006 June 10, 11:32:05 by ZephyrZodiac » Logged

Zephyr Zodiac
ElviraGoth
Knuckleheaded Knob

Just another shitty day in paradise

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 June 10, 13:51:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't have any romance mods, myself.

Werewolf?<br />There! There wolf!  There castle!
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 June 10, 16:57:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just wondered.  I created two romance sims (both male) and put them in a house.  One is Pisces, one Leo, and I wanted really to see what would happen. (My sister is Pisces and her husband Leo, and against all the *rules* they get on like a house on fire!)  Well, these two arrived at the front of the house, started to chat, and got negative scores on the chat.    The Leo one suggested a game of kicky bag, and was rejected.  By the time they got into the house they were well into the minus - unfortunate for someone as the house only had one bed!  then they sat and watched TV, and something must have triggered a conversation topic they agreed on, they then had a meal switched on the stereo and begain dancing, falling over etc., but instead of laughing at each other, they decided to dance together.  By bed-time they were quite good friends, and had reached the casual romance stage where they would woohoo if asked, so I sent them to the bathroom and then they relaxed on the bed, had a quick casual woohoo and went to sleep.  Without that mod, one would definitely have been sleeping on the sofa!

But they never got any crossed out LBs, and had they not decided to watch TV, I  think they would soon have been at the furious stage!

Zephyr Zodiac
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: