More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 16, 10:57:44

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6518 Members
Latest Member: Willaemann
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Flickering objects
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Flickering objects  (Read 3547 times)
vecki
Querulous Quidnunc

Moar Average Than You

View Profile
Flickering objects
« on: 2005 August 26, 04:13:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not sure that's actually a good way of describing it but it'll do.  Every now and then, an objects colour will 'bleed' across the screen.  So say it's the floor widescreen tv, suddenly there'll be a bar of grey running through the house and into the distance.  It happens with almost any object, but I've also spotted it happening with hairstyles, which sort of flicker all over the screen (I assume because unlike an ordinary object, sims and their hair are almost constantly moving).

Anyone else seen that or know why it might happen?  My video card's pretty damn good so I'd hate to think it had something to do with that.

<insert witty comment here>
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
Re: Flickering objects
« Reply #1 on: 2005 August 26, 06:03:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does it happen after extended play? Maybe it's a heat-related issue. Just guessing. When I had a similar problem, except worse (and prettier. so psychedellic! All those beautiful colors and designs Tongue) it was due to my graphics card, which was crappy (and no, I'm not asterisk-girl in disguise). But I guess it may be something other that that for you.
One thing I did notice when I upgraded to a better graphics card, was that if I tried to set the resolution too high (past what the game sets it to) crazy weird things happened. Blue blocks everywhere. So I just use the default setting.

vecki
Querulous Quidnunc

Moar Average Than You

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 August 26, 06:23:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Good question.  I think it's been at least 10 minutes into the game - but that doesn't count as 'extended' does it?

<insert witty comment here>
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 August 26, 07:36:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, God I should hope not. I play for days at a time.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 August 28, 00:25:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I get it occasionally, it's usually a download not an original.  I find if I save, then return to play mode and rotate the lot, it goes.

Zephyr Zodiac
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 August 28, 02:36:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have it here too - great bars of colour that extend across the screen - can come off just about anything...

and saving makes it go away - the hotter my computer is, the worse it gets, but that's about all I've been able to determine with it...

Ness
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 August 28, 10:46:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I get it occasionally, as I said, and my PC doesn't get hot since I had a new power unit and CPU.  I think it probably has more to do with the time you've spent on an actual lot - move to a different lot and the problem is gone until you've been there a while too.

Zephyr Zodiac
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: