More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 16, 10:07:31

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6518 Members
Latest Member: Willaemann
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Found 3 interesting OFB fixes at Sims Wardrobe- anyone using them?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Found 3 interesting OFB fixes at Sims Wardrobe- anyone using them?  (Read 8471 times)
Jysudo
Nitwitted Nuisance

Super Shooter

View Profile
Found 3 interesting OFB fixes at Sims Wardrobe- anyone using them?
« on: 2006 May 13, 04:22:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I found 3 interesting hacks today. Just want to check if anyone are using this and how they find it?

Limit Employees To Basic Sell
This fix limits the NPC sales people to using only the "Basic Sell" sales interaction. I made this fix after watching my NPC sales staff turn off numerous customers with an endless barrage of Hard Sells. Requires the Open For Business expansion pack.

Mood Check For Sales Interactions
This fix inserts a mood check into the NPC sales person "find customer" code. If a sim is in a bad mood, the sales people will stay clear of them. This fix does NOT prevent bad sales interactions. Instead it seems to prevent the sales people from hammering grouchy sim with an endless barrage of failed sales attempts. The effect is subtle, but it does seem to work. Requires the Open For Business expansion pack.

Replacement Remote Business Payout Calculation

This fix will replace the remote business payout calculation code. The code that shipped with OFB does not work like the strategy guide says it should. The replacement code is much closer to what I believe Maxis had originally intended. Now when your Sim takes a day off, his business will still make money. Requires the Open For Business expansion pack.

these fixes are from http://www.simwardrobe.com/
Thanks.

Go Away
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Found 3 interesting OFB fixes at Sims Wardrobe- anyone using them?
« Reply #1 on: 2006 May 13, 04:53:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Limit Employees To Basic Sell
This fix limits the NPC sales people to using only the "Basic Sell" sales interaction. I made this fix after watching my NPC sales staff turn off numerous customers with an endless barrage of Hard Sells. Requires the Open For Business expansion pack.
I franky would not want such a thing because basic sell is basically worthless. Plus it makes your sim sales badge similarly worthless.

You should just try Business Runs You! Once your sim gets gold badge, Business Runs You will kick in with its own routines. Feel the power.

This fix inserts a mood check into the NPC sales person "find customer" code. If a sim is in a bad mood, the sales people will stay clear of them. This fix does NOT prevent bad sales interactions. Instead it seems to prevent the sales people from hammering grouchy sim with an endless barrage of failed sales attempts. The effect is subtle, but it does seem to work. Requires the Open For Business expansion pack.
The truth is that mood is not the primary deciding factor. Chemistry is. I've seen lots of examples where one sales person will bomb, and the other one will immediately try the same exact thing and succeed.

Replacement Remote Business Payout Calculation
This fix will replace the remote business payout calculation code. The code that shipped with OFB does not work like the strategy guide says it should. The replacement code is much closer to what I believe Maxis had originally intended. Now when your Sim takes a day off, his business will still make money. Requires the Open For Business expansion pack.
That's interesting. When *I* looked at it, it looked like it was mostly abstracted to LUAs. And thus untouchable. I wonder if it conflicts with anti-decay.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 May 13, 07:09:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You should just try Business Runs You! Once your sim gets gold badge, Business Runs You will kick in with its own routines. Feel the power.

D'oh! When I lost the skillinator options for a sim in business last night, I put the sim back to a silver badge, I didn't realise business uses you was still running him, I thought things had gone haywire.  Roll Eyes

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 May 13, 07:38:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

D'oh! When I lost the skillinator options for a sim in business last night, I put the sim back to a silver badge, I didn't realise business uses you was still running him, I thought things had gone haywire.  Roll Eyes
Uh, that's not related. You lost the Skillinator options because you MAXED OUT. Gold badges don't get better, so the Skillinator no longer displays options for skilling those badges.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 May 13, 08:11:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, that's what I meant, the sim was completely skilled so I couldn't assign him jobs through the skillinator. I didn't realise the business runs you was still organising my playable sims to do their business tasks. I do lose the ability to make my sim owner's husband be assigned to a job through the hammer and sickle.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 May 13, 17:54:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you want to assign supported Macro-Loop jobs through Macrotastics/BRY, click on your sim and choose the "Business.../Be Whatever" options. Presently supported power tasks include all the restaurant tasks, sales, tidy, and restocking. More to come once my computer is back up and running.

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 May 14, 06:03:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cheers. You said something about a hard drive crash? Whatever, my sympathies, seems to take ages to get everything back to the way you like them, I just built a new PC and I'm still fiddling, tweaking and installing.

idtaminger
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 May 18, 03:57:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

His NPC uniform replacer is a fantastic idea. I wish he'd do one for the careers. Some of the career uniforms are utterly atrocious.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 May 18, 07:30:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My absolute particular hatred is the blue female politics suit. I hate it with a passion.

idtaminger
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 May 18, 18:10:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is that the same suit as the female business tycoon suit? That one is atrocious. You'd think the head of Conglomerate X would be able to afford something better than Walmart suits.
Lerf
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 May 18, 22:18:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My absolute particular hatred is the blue female politics suit. I hate it with a passion.

Yep, I can feel the polyesther itch everytime I see it and the similar business one. 
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 May 19, 05:36:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually it may be the business one, I haven't used the business or politics career for sims for quite a while now so I might have forgotten which one it was.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 May 19, 07:49:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think they're the same suit, but the mayor one has a ribbon.

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 May 19, 08:57:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And all the sims have a fat ass in it!

DrBeast
Pinheaded Pissant

Still they're marching on...

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 May 19, 09:53:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe it's not a coincidence...? Politician's suit->fat asses...hmm

Let the Beast inside you free!
laylei
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 May 19, 20:56:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

His NPC uniform replacer is a fantastic idea. I wish he'd do one for the careers. Some of the career uniforms are utterly atrocious.

The worst is the Show Biz career. Why are they wearing a SWEATSUIT if they are an icon (or whatever the top job is)? Why not formalwear, if anything!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 May 19, 21:04:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The worst is the Show Biz career. Why are they wearing a SWEATSUIT if they are an icon (or whatever the top job is)? Why not formalwear, if anything!
That one is a mystery to me. The only logical explanation I can come up for that one is that it's a typography error, since it makes no sense from a thematic perspective. Perhaps it was meant to be either not-uniformed, and the result is a cloning error from some other line, or there is some lost uniform.

Maria
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 May 20, 02:15:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe the top of the Show Biz career was supposed to have the sim's formal clothes as the uniform, but someone typed in the wrong number.  Too bad the typo didn't put them in pajamas or underwear, that would have been amusing.
DrBeast
Pinheaded Pissant

Still they're marching on...

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 May 20, 14:45:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I always saw this as an "I'm God, I can wear anything I want and on one will care" attitude. It's quite typical of "superstars", after all...

Let the Beast inside you free!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 May 20, 17:19:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought it was more likely a "There was supposed to be something here, but we never got around to it and since the placeholder looks OK, we're just shipping it unfinished like that".

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006 May 21, 02:06:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I remember posting about that one some time back, and there were similar explanations, none of which appealed to me!  I remember hating the Rock Star outfit in Sims1, but at least it looked like what it was!

Oh, and the police career also uses the blue suit!  I like the female army officer's one, though!

But can anyone tell me why one of my sims, when he was an astronaut, always appeared on the lot dressed as a general, even before he got the promotion?  And why do all generals wear a black wig under their beret?

Zephyr Zodiac
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2006 May 21, 02:17:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It was actually possible to change the career oufits in sims 1, from memory...  I remember in the end trying to set things so that kids could wear a uniform to school - but the project got abandoned in the end.

I'm hoping it's just a matter of time before someone figures out how to do it...  and again, if my memory is working, aren't the showbiz outfits very much the same as the athletics career outfits at those higher levels?

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2006 May 21, 02:31:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, since there's an NPC outfit replacer at simWardrobe,  maybe in time..........

It's particularly annoying when you play a themed hood, and your Victorian sims all go modern(ish) when they go to work!

Oh, and if you haven't tried it, the hack conflict detector is excellent.

Zephyr Zodiac
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: