More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 16, 13:46:25

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6518 Members
Latest Member: Willaemann
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Lot slowdown/Furious sim freeze -Culprit found
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Lot slowdown/Furious sim freeze -Culprit found  (Read 8091 times)
myskaal
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
Lot slowdown/Furious sim freeze -Culprit found
« on: 2005 December 23, 14:38:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Edit Update:

I found the cause of the problem. After removing all my hacks and then adding them back in one by one the smack-you-in-the-forehead-most-obvious one turned out to be what's causing the problem.

"LazyAnimFixOnly"

Only one I have that affects animation so I should have known. Roll Eyes
Not to mention now that I go back to the thread for the hack there is that flashing neon sign that says this version of the hack doesn't work with NL yet.

Yay move me over to RL.

----------------------
I have run into a problem, the cause of which I'm unable to determine... mainly because I don't really know where I would look for it.

This is happening in my college hood. I have 2 sims that are furious with each other at the moment (they're supposed to be). I noticed this while playing the female sim. She cheated on him, they argued/broke up, she moved in with the other guy. I moved the female and the "other guy" onto a new lot and got them started on their college careers. All was well until about 10pm when I noticed the lot suddenly got massive slowdown - like they would do when NPCs would get stuck. I zoomed out and noticed the ex-boyfriend on the lot. He was right at the spot on the sidewalk where they materialize. Frozen there. Any interaction attempted with him would drop out of the qeue.

So I exited and reloaded the lot 3 more times. Each time he would show up at a different time of the day but everytime he would come to the lot the same thing would happen. He's frozen and the game goes molasses. Thinking the lot is somehow screwed up I moved the sims out, bulldozed, and built a fresh one.
First day, same problem.

So I decided to play the ex-boyfriends lot and see if this would somehow fix his freeze problem. Loaded up his lot and within one sim hour the game hits quicksand and the female sim shows up on his lot, frozen at the portal.

NPCs are not getting stuck (paperboy, mailman, random student walkby) only these 2 on the other's lot - so I'm figuring it has something to do with a furious action about to take place.

I have no hacks that affect furious behavior to my knowledge - unless the fightclub does in some round about way.
Here is what I do have:

Busker tipping hack
Chinese & Coffee sit down fix
collegeadjuster
dailygardener
dancefitnessandbodyskilling
dancetogetherteensandolder
ffsdebugger
firemod
ijNoMoaningTilDesperate
LazyAnimFixOnly
ltwvariety
mondayfix
NL-schoolbus-bring friend dialog
No Romance Swoon
nobuskers
noinfluenceobsession
nopartyassignement
phonehack
thefightclub
TJ_Formal Wedding
togafix

The ffslotdebugger isn't giving me any clean up stuck sims options (can't recall the actual text there) so I'm a bit lost on how to get around this. They won't stay away from each other's lots long enough for their furiousness to go away - but I was actually wanting the actions for story purposes.

Anyone seen this before and/or have any ideas on how to remedy it?

*edited for typoes
« Last Edit: 2005 December 23, 19:04:39 by myskaal » Logged
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: Lot slowdown - Furious sim freeze
« Reply #1 on: 2005 December 23, 14:49:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why don't you use "moveobjects on" and just delete him? End of problem...Smiley.
myskaal
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 December 23, 14:59:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well. I had considered it actually but I wasn't sure if that would do something tragic to him outside that lot. Also, then, I imagined if it didn't cause him to implode at his own house I would have to continue deleting him everytime he came back to the lot.  Undecided
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 December 23, 15:30:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Be calm. Nothing will happen to a deleted sim, no matter how many times you delete him. When you go to his house, you will find him at the pose you left him when leaving his house (if he sleeps, you will find him sleeping, etc).
myskaal
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 December 23, 15:50:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Good to know, I'll try that next time I'm on those lots. Thanks for the reassurance, gali. Wink

It's still bothering me that this is happening, though. It's going to be a major pita if I'm going to have to go through a delete sim ritual for every furious that happens.  I know I could download a hack that stops the furious reaction, but there are times I think it fits and should stay. Angry
myskaal
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 December 23, 16:13:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I went back to the ex's lot. Furious female showed up again frozen but this time the lot did not slow down.

Here is the error I got in debugging mode:

Object id: 267
name: N005_User00125 - Camryn
Stack size: 10
Error: Animation name is empty string.

In the text log it's obvious she's trying to steal the newspaper. The newspaper is on the lot but it's saying there's no animation for it.
I'll attach the full .txt file. Maybe someone with some know-how to these things can figure out how to fix this and avoid a delete all furious sims thing.

[attachment deleted by admin]
C.S.
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 December 23, 17:55:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try Crammyboy's Walkby fix, the problem you described sounds similar to the hack's description. If you are not comfortable deleting sims with 'moveobjects on' (it's actually safe to do, as Gali said), try one of Inge's teleporters to 'clear off' sims, it's awesome.
myskaal
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
Re: Lot slowdown/Furious sim freeze -Culprit found
« Reply #7 on: 2005 December 23, 19:02:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yep I'll probably be using Crammyboy's furious walkby hack for now.

I updated my original post with what I found to be the problem. Hopefully TwoJeffs will be able to/choose to fix this problem. If not, I can live without the walkbyes but I absolutely can not stand that gorilla stance on lazy sims.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 December 23, 19:50:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't stand lazy sims in general, and I find the gorilla slouch helps me isolate them so I can avoid breeding anyone I care about with them. That, or kill 'em and resurrect 'em backwards.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 December 24, 01:16:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I use the YA and Lazy Animation fix, and occasionally have a problem with a furious sim stuck at a portal, but I'd never thought the two were linked, as I had the problem in a game before I'd moved my hacks back in.  When it happens, I either delete them or control them with the Mind Control Mirror.  Useful way of getting them to work on their cleaning and cooking skills!  Downside of course, is they stop being enemies failry quickly!

Zephyr Zodiac
C.S.
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 December 24, 10:28:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was very tempted to, but decided not to use any of those animation fix. The YA walk, annoyingly slow as it was, is unique to... YAs, so it stays. And no lazy sims allowed in my game, in fact, those that can't run are given at least 6 in Active. If my sims were to place an ad in the personals, "must be able to run on command" would rank as top priority Grin.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005 December 24, 10:38:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd love the option "Run to Work" instead of getting the car pool!

Zephyr Zodiac
C.S.
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2005 December 24, 10:43:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cheesy. Well, seriously, if only there was an option to choose whether to carpool to work/school with someone in the family who owns a car, rather than have the carpool still show up for the one that doesn't own a vehicle.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2005 December 24, 11:57:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

True, and also if a kid is running late for school, why can't a parent "Drop off kid at school on way to work?"

Zephyr Zodiac
myskaal
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2005 December 24, 21:06:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I much prefer the way lazy sims make beds. .. that's about all, though.

Shared rides to work and school would be nice. mhm.
Dark Trepie
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2005 December 24, 22:07:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So THAT was the cause.  Interesting.  I had this happen to me when I first got NL and Don left Cassandra at the alter.  Everytime she popped up on his lot everything would practically stop.

Now, if only I can figure out why I'm not getting the 5 hour warning for final exams anymore...
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2005 December 24, 23:17:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you have the college clock?

Zephyr Zodiac
Dark Trepie
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2005 December 24, 23:25:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No.  I have TJ's latest college adjuster though.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2005 December 25, 00:00:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I'd be inclined to remove it and just see whether you get the 5-hour warning again.  If so, you could let TJ know about the problem.

Zephyr Zodiac
Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 May 10, 19:32:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have never had the lazy animations fix in my game but several times in the past my game has become unplayable because of frozen furious sims. When checking errors I got some message about a neighbor being missing or unavailable. I still haven't isolated this frozen furious condition.

Running: Sims2, University, Nightlife, OFB, Pets, Seasons, BV, FT and AL
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: