More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 16, 08:11:19

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6518 Members
Latest Member: Willaemann
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Lot Sizes?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Lot Sizes?  (Read 13997 times)
Database
Lipless Loser

View Profile
Lot Sizes?
« on: 2006 March 28, 08:56:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was just posting around at another site and a question came up:

Which lot sizes go with each EP?

Can anyone help, please?
ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
Re: Lot Sizes?
« Reply #1 on: 2006 March 28, 14:00:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought they were the same, except for NL, which has those tiny residential lots. 

Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2006 March 28, 14:06:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think nightlife brought the 1x3, 2x2, 5x3 and 3x5 (not sure about the 6x5-whether that was just the base game) Smiley

BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 March 28, 16:21:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

6x5 was new with NL as well.
Simsbaby
Pinheaded Pissant

INTP - I didn't do it.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 March 28, 18:42:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wish they would make a 1x1 lot.

Remember - a bimbo is for life and not just for christmas!
Firestorm
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 March 28, 19:53:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wish they would make a 1x1 lot.

Me too  Sad
MutantBunny
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 March 28, 21:57:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Me three.

I also want a 1X3, not the 3X1 that is already in the game, a 1X3 -- a long skinny lot like those found in most big city areas.

The 3X1 doesn't allow for the big city block to be 'filled up.' IMO, it was just another thing Maxis attempted and did stupid/wrong.
nikita
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 March 28, 22:04:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Me four.

In general I would prefer if we could just have a tool to customize our own lot size.
Simsbaby
Pinheaded Pissant

INTP - I didn't do it.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 March 28, 22:29:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I hope they never do that! If they do then the exchange will be filled with lots the size of neighborhoods!

nikita
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 March 28, 22:41:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well I would imagine there would be a limit on how big or small you could make it.  And even if they do build lots the size of neighborhoods, doesn't mean you'd have to download it. 

I like the lots on the Exchange for the most part.  They're nice to look at.  I'd never put them in my game though.
Dea
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 March 28, 23:17:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would also like a 1x1 and 1x3 lot.

ISFJ
simmiecal
Dead Member

No kittens within five miles of my house! :)

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 March 28, 23:26:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What I really would have liked was more merging between SimCity and the sim neighborhood: the ability to move streets, change lot configurations, land elevations, etc.  Zone an area as residential or community by 1x1 blocks and then when you actually build on a lot, you could define which of the 1x1 blocks belonged to your lot. Imagine having an empty lot next to your sims lot and when they get more money, they "buy" the adjacent zoned land and it is added to the existing lot.
Simsbaby
Pinheaded Pissant

INTP - I didn't do it.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 March 28, 23:40:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now that would be cool.  Cool

pamysue
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 March 29, 04:18:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The 1x3 would sure make my trailer park look more realistic.   Cool

It's a shame that stupidity isn't painful.
MutantBunny
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 March 29, 06:14:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It was just plain stupid for them to leave out the 1X3 in NL. It is the essential lot for downtown areas! Before NL was released, I saw they had omitted it in their listing of what was coming, and I literally begged for it every time the opportunity came up, knowing the maxiod was reading those threads (knowing cuz I trailed around after him to read his posts Smiley And they STILL left it out. How stupid they are...ah  what do we simmers know about what the game needs....
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 March 29, 18:40:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What I'd like to see is the ability to append a "1 by x" strip of land to an existing lot, making the lot larger by 1 square along the street frontage, but keeping the same depth of the lot (i.e. a 4x4 lot would become a 5x4 lot).

I started wanting this when I first got NL, so that I could add driveways to my existing houses without having to demolish part of the house.  Then I learned how to do street parking, and the wish declined a little - although some of my families would have preferred a garage to parking on the street.  Now that OFB has messed up street parking once again I wish we could append a small strip of land to existing lots to make them larger.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
Ruann
Dimwitted Dunce

An overactive male imagination

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: 2006 March 29, 19:46:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm going to go out on a limb and say the reason 1x1 and 1x3 aren't ever going to happen is because of the way vehicles work.  A driveway takes up a huge amount of road space, and in a 1x1 or 1x3  lot would take up the vast majority of the road-side portion of the lot.  And in a 1x1 it'd take over pretty much the entire lot as it is.  Think about all those 2x2 lots they gave us with NightLife and look at how small the houses are compared to the driveways.
ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 March 29, 20:41:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The 1x3 would sure make my trailer park look more realistic.

Thanks for the eureka moment.  Trailer parks made me think of all those campgrounds where the folks are jammed up close to each other, inhaling the smoke from their campfires (and causing instant smog).

Think I'll try that as a business using the awning tool for tents and the bonfires for roasting marshmellows....and even maybe a few Sims.  All at a reasonable price, natch.
MutantBunny
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 March 30, 02:57:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm going to go out on a limb and say the reason 1x1 and 1x3 aren't ever going to happen is because of the way vehicles work.  A driveway takes up a huge amount of road space, and in a 1x1 or 1x3  lot would take up the vast majority of the road-side portion of the lot.  And in a 1x1 it'd take over pretty much the entire lot as it is.  Think about all those 2x2 lots they gave us with NightLife and look at how small the houses are compared to the driveways.

Way out on that limb! Hm...Maybe you need to work at Maxis? Tongue
How many business lots in a big city or down town area have driveways?? Not many. May be an alley near one but we can't have driveways on Community lots anyway--so we can't have alleys.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 March 30, 03:01:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The reason 1x3 lots don't exist is because it takes a MINIMUM of 2xN to even be able to park vehicles. A lot only one tile wide would not have enough space to park the obligatory schoolbus and limo. And would thus break.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Ruann
Dimwitted Dunce

An overactive male imagination

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: 2006 March 30, 03:44:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Way out on that limb! Hm...Maybe you need to work at Maxis? Tongue
How many business lots in a big city or down town area have driveways?? Not many. May be an alley near one but we can't have driveways on Community lots anyway--so we can't have alleys.

The reason 1x3 lots don't exist is because it takes a MINIMUM of 2xN to even be able to park vehicles. A lot only one tile wide would not have enough space to park the obligatory schoolbus and limo. And would thus break.

I wasn't far off!  Go me!

Parking issues.  Just not, ya know, driveway issues.  Heh.
MutantBunny
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2006 March 30, 21:21:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, that makes sense anyway.
Firestorm
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2006 March 30, 23:29:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm... that makes sense...
Well, in that case, they should at least make a 2x1 lot...
shezoe
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: 2006 March 31, 15:43:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What I really would have liked was more merging between SimCity and the sim neighborhood: the ability to move streets, change lot configurations, land elevations, etc.  Zone an area as residential or community by 1x1 blocks and then when you actually build on a lot, you could define which of the 1x1 blocks belonged to your lot. Imagine having an empty lot next to your sims lot and when they get more money, they "buy" the adjacent zoned land and it is added to the existing lot.

hear hear! this is something i've wished was availabe more times than i can count. The annoyances with none of this being possible are endless

"I had always felt life first a story: and if there is a story there is a story-teller."
~G.K. Chesterton~
MutantBunny
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2006 April 01, 18:14:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wait: a bus and a limo are what two tiles long? Is that what you're saying JM? A bus doesn't go to a comm lot, nor a limo unless we own one and drive it there. So if a car is only one tile long (is it?), then a car could still go to a comm lot...but the 'two tile animation' would have to be adjusted....? The 'delivery' car would have to just appear stopped, without the animation of 'driving' up and then stopping. I could live with that to have one tile wide lots.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: