More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 16, 14:51:08

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6518 Members
Latest Member: Willaemann
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  OFB Patch Link
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: OFB Patch Link  (Read 12067 times)
ElviraGoth
Knuckleheaded Knob

Just another shitty day in paradise

View Profile
Re: OFB Patch Link
« Reply #25 on: 2006 March 22, 22:39:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Social Bunny can no longer be killed.

Gee...wonder who went about that one haha

I wondered who would kill a social bunny myself!  And how would you do it?

Werewolf?<br />There! There wolf!  There castle!
pamysue
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2006 March 22, 22:49:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Patch link for those allergic to the BBS. Tongue

http://thesims2.ea.com/update/getpatch.php?appVersion=1.3

*sneeze* *wheeze*  Thank you   Smiley

It's a shame that stupidity isn't painful.
Lion
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2006 March 22, 23:00:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like the salon idea, failure is interesting to me, and let customers showing interest is better than forcing it on them. But the salon chair is so buggy. Like Motoki, I can't offer makerup, customers would nod, a customer plus rises (not the golden star customer loyalty point) on their head, and then nothing, they just go on with something else. I made sure I don't have extra attraction, they just talk to somebody else. I also wish we can "show item" - the chair - to customers and let the assigned stylist do the work.

Motoki, I succeeded with sales pitches. Not the stylist, but somebody else. If a customer has the buy bar up for a manned chair, you have another sim to "basic sell", if the bar is full, the customer will sit on the chair and the stylist will do the work. I tried the stylist "basic sell" too, but like you said, it didn't work.

Also I'm annoyed by the having a makeover dropped out of the customer's queue if the chair is blocked.  I would like to have a mirror in front of the salon chair. Who doesn't? But all the sims want to check themselves up in the mirror, and therefore very often block a customer with just filled bar from sitting down on the chair.  Also, if one customer is on the chair, and another got the buy bar filled, 8 out of 10 cases the second customer will drop the action instead of sitting on some normal chair to wait, even if there is no one blocking the chair, and then start the buy bar again! I hope they can keep the thought longer.

Sims 3 Blog: Twinbrook Redux
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2006 March 23, 01:20:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You'll want to go into the full face makeup section, clicking on nothing won't get rid of it, so just click on some random full face makeup, doesn't matter which, then click back on none and it should be gone.

Ah, that's what happened, I clicked on 'none' and nothing happenned. Didn't think of applying some and removing it again, I figured only the chair could remove the bad makeup. Thanks Motoki.

I also had one (1!) success with a salesperson talking a customer into the chair the stylist was standing behind. Took a mere 3 sim hours, as profits plummeted.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2006 March 23, 04:08:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I installed the patch last night before I played, I only removed two hacks that I felt would be affected - One being JMs finals fix (I can't remember the other one at the moment)

I had no problems while I played but I only played on 2 Lots (one is a home business - a whorehouse)

I fully expect to see another OFB patch in the near future, that covers more bugs.  I think they wanted to get a patch out for some of the bugs as quickly as they could to appease the "masses" and "show they care"  Roll Eyes

Now if only they would beta test the game themselves instead of leaving it to us and I don't see how they can play the game and not notice how annoying some of the crap is - like the damn phone and paying bills
dusty
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2006 March 23, 06:10:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now if only they would beta test the game themselves instead of leaving it to us and I don't see how they can play the game and not notice how annoying some of the crap is - like the damn phone and paying bills

Heh, in the chat the other day someone complained about paying bills.  One of the maxoids said 'oh I always cancel that action so they leave the bills by the box and pay them straight away' - which indicates that they do indeed find it annoying but don't think about changing the way it works.
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2006 March 23, 07:41:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ya I read that too, I wanted to slap that maxoid  Angry  stupid twit

Thankfully, InSim now has a couple options for dealing with paying bills!
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: