More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 16, 11:37:26

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6518 Members
Latest Member: Willaemann
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Inheritance of Genes
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Inheritance of Genes  (Read 24323 times)
Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
Re: Inheritance of Genes
« Reply #50 on: 2006 March 17, 19:34:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also, some homely children grow up to look quite attractive as adults and the reverse is also true sometimes.

So true!  I really should keep pictures of all my sims because most of the time if the kids aren't downright funny-looking they're homely as all get out!  Once they age transition some of them turn into right attractive sims.  (Please note, I didn't say beautiful--that only happens once in a while in my game.)

Renatus
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2006 March 17, 20:40:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maxon, the replacement templates definitely will work on newly generated townies. I use AllenABQ's templates, myself, and while they aren't completely to my liking they are a damn sight better than the templates that came with the game. It's really only the NPCs who end up pulling from the templates in my game since I make my own townies, but those NPCs fit with the rest of the neighborhood.

I once took out the replacement templates because I wanted to use one of the defaults and the replacement changed it too much, and was horrified all over again by the default templates. Eurgh! A few are workable, but the rest are horrid without extensive reworking. Needless to say I put the replacements back in immediately.

Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2006 March 17, 20:57:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The problem I have with most of the replacement templates that are available are that most of the faces look TOO similiar. So the townies all look the same.  Undecided Allen (something, forget the full screenname) suggested a group of people making different simmies for a collection, that way it is a lil more diverse. I'd be all up for contributing, I just don't think I could tackle making my own replacements myself.

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2006 March 17, 21:02:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

InSim isn't the kitten killer - it's just another large scale hack that invades your game.

How could InSim "invade" anyones game? it dosen't do anything unless you select something for it to do, its not a global hack  Roll Eyes

edit - really didn't need the extra "could"
« Last Edit: 2006 March 17, 21:22:51 by Sleepycat » Logged
Renatus
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2006 March 17, 21:09:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Jelenedra, I've noticed that problem too, and with every other set I've seen. It's not so bad when you want them so your NPCs don't look like googly-eyed circus freaks, but it's not so good when you rely on them for game-generated townies and such. Some of the faces look more similar in Body Shop than they really are - that dead-grey mannequin flattens a lot of detail - but overall, yes, they are too similar.

I keep meaning to make a set, myself, with a variety of ethnicities, but keep not doing it because my project list is already stupidly long. Nevermind that all of the time I've spent here I could have made five sets already *cough, ahem*.  Roll Eyes

How could InSim could "invade" anyones game? it dosen't do anything unless you select something for it to do, its not a global hack

Sleepycat, I can only guess that a lot of functions that require reading documentation to figure out equals big bad nasty that will take over your mind and make you cheat forevermore! Or something. I dunno, there is a hell of a lot of stuff in it but I recently found out it is dead useful for any situation in which I need to alter relationships, usually in townies and adoption pool kids where I don't want the teens that I've made be related to their arbitrary CAS parent. Once I figured out where those options were, I ignored the rest. Easy. Sure, the file is big for a hack, but it's smaller than most of the individual clothing items I have, so any impact on loading times is minimal - if I thought it would be a problem I'd find an outfit I was no longer particularly attached to and delete it. Again, easy.

Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2006 March 17, 21:11:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I agree. It's very useful for setting relationships and is AFAIK the only thing that will let you set relationships in game. SimPE will let you do it of course but it's a pain in the ass to exit and reload. The CAS only gives you limited options in terms of setting relationships. You can't for instance make an elder parent of a child etc.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2006 March 17, 21:14:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My problem with insim is that I would only use like two functionalitites of it and ignore the rest. I don't want to have to download all that mess if I all I want is the morning after pill for my simmies.  Roll Eyes

Renatus
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2006 March 17, 21:18:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Haha, 'all that mess'. It's one file. Rather bigger than I remembered... so I'd have to delete, say, three outfits, or maybe a folder of hair. Whoo.

Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2006 March 17, 21:19:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But what mess it? Just use what you want and ignore the rest. It's not a global hack and if you get the object version it doesn't even mess with any menus. Now I'll grant you I could say a choice word or two about it's creators, but I won't go there  Cool but there's nothing wrong with the object. Not getting something useful to you because it does other things that are not is just shooting yourself in the foot.

Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2006 March 17, 21:26:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you guys see the list of new features, I love the new adjuster!

- Budget Adjustor (Sectional):
• Add Simoleons (100 Scale, 5,000 Scale, & 25,000 Scale)
• Subtract Simoleons (100 Scale, 5,000 Scale, & 25,000 Scale)
• Pay The Bills - Pay bills without dealing with the mailbox.
Auto Pay Bills (On/Off) - Automatically pays bills (when it is turned on) as they are delivered.

Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2006 March 17, 21:31:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It is not the size of the file that gets me, it's that I don't want something in the game that I feel gives me too much opportunity to cheat. I'm already addicted to boolprop. I max out all my sims' interests so that they won't have bad conversations, and I mess with their personality points and drag it around so that they have more points in something than they should.

I just don't want the temptation.

Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2006 March 17, 21:31:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's nice. I've really missed payatthebox and the macro still needs a table, but now we can't place a table under the damned mailbox because it's "out of bounds".  Roll Eyes

Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2006 March 17, 21:34:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It is not the size of the file that gets me, it's that I don't want something in the game that I feel gives me too much opportunity to cheat. I'm already addicted to boolprop. I max out all my sims' interests so that they won't have bad conversations, and I mess with their personality points and drag it around so that they have more points in something than they should.

I just don't want the temptation.

Well as some of you may have seen from my posts, that aspect annoys me too, the opportunity to cheat. But there's already debug mode (or 'boolprop' in BBSese) and I know about it and it's a tempatation to cheat that I can't get rid of so that kind of throws that excuse for not using insim out the window. Plus it just does some things that I can't otherwise do without shutting down, running SimPE and reloading and I HATE reloading.

Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2006 March 17, 22:41:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That was another thing it altered a bunch of things that I had no clue about because I had never used insim. I am a firm believer in not messing with stuff I don't know anything about. If you haven't already guessed with all my unending rants of "Is this right? I don't want to change anything until I know for sure.'" posts in the other threads.

Renatus
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 2006 March 17, 22:47:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Err... isn't that what the documentation is for?

Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 2006 March 17, 22:54:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey, I didn't feel like going through it. It didn't interest me enough to get it. Sooooo. If I don't want, I don't want it.

Renatus
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 2006 March 17, 22:55:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why didn't you say that in the first place?  Wink So much protesting...

Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 2006 March 17, 22:56:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But, but.... protesting is FUN!  Grin

Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 2006 March 17, 23:08:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Although I probably will end up getting it eventually. Especially since my risky whoohoo mod is putting one of my families out of house and home.  Embarrassed

Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 2006 March 17, 23:18:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well it's totally up to you, but it doesn't change anything unless you tell it to, so as long as you don't go messing with stuff that you don't know what it does, you should be fine. Wink

Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: 2006 March 17, 23:58:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I use the Destination version of InSim and I find it very handy when I really need the features for something.  For example, if I want to change a sim's astrology sign and get them a personality to match.

I also find that if you think it would be too much of a temptation to use, if you're lazy like me most of the time you aren't going to go to the trouble to spawn a bunch of objects and go through 50 gazillion clicks to get where you want to go. Wink

miramis
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 2006 March 18, 00:58:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's nice. I've really missed payatthebox and the macro still needs a table, but now we can't place a table under the damned mailbox because it's "out of bounds".  Roll Eyes

Just move the mailbox over a square, you can put the cover on then (payatbox)  Smiley
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: