More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 16, 12:38:45

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6518 Members
Latest Member: Willaemann
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Can you do something like this in OFB?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Can you do something like this in OFB?  (Read 3019 times)
simmiecal
Dead Member

No kittens within five miles of my house! :)

View Profile
Can you do something like this in OFB?
« on: 2006 March 17, 20:08:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK - I've been setting up my new neighborhood for OFB. I have an industrial section where I want to have some sweat shops. What I would like to have is a toy manufacturing factory where the owner employs a few workers to work on the toy benches. I would also like to have a toy shop in town that buys from the factory.

From what I understand, everything made at the workbenches will be put into the owners inventory. Could I then put the items "for sale" at the factory and using Inge's shrub, bring over the owner of the toy shop, make the toy shop owner controllable and purchase the toys and bring them back to the toy shop? Once back at the shop, the toy shop owner could take them out of his inventory and then set them for sale.
Gus Smedstad
Lipless Loser

Dabbler

View Profile
Re: Can you do something like this in OFB?
« Reply #1 on: 2006 March 17, 20:11:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you really need to go through that many contortions?  Just play the toy store owner and visit the toy factory.  Even if you normally never open the shop, it will be open when you visit, and all the stuff you want to sell will be there.  The only real drawback is that some townie may wander in and buy some of the items while you're purchasing.

- Gus

Fine, I can see why people hate the Sims 3 sigs.
nectere
Heretic
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 March 17, 20:15:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You could do that either way, just keep the business closed until you are ready for the toy shop owner to show up.

But I do resell things that end up in my playables inventory all the time, if they have a shop, I jack up the price and make a profit.

simmiecal
Dead Member

No kittens within five miles of my house! :)

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 March 17, 20:16:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cool ! 

Thanks bunches.

Off to make my poor factory working slums, middle class merchants and landed gentry.  Grin
idtaminger
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 March 17, 20:36:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cool ! 

Thanks bunches.

Off to make my poor factory working slums, middle class merchants and landed gentry.  Grin

If you're going to go the controllable method, and you don't want townies to come in while you're buying, you could set the very front door to be household & employees only. That way, it'll be more realistic in that only the factory owner is buying the merchandise, not some random townie off of the street.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 March 18, 03:54:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you're going to go the controllable method, and you don't want townies to come in while you're buying, you could set the very front door to be household & employees only. That way, it'll be more realistic in that only the factory owner is buying the merchandise, not some random townie off of the street.
Won't help, visitors "spawn" inside areas they normally can't even physically get to when you visit community lots.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: