More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 16, 04:11:07

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6518 Members
Latest Member: Willaemann
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  How do you sell robots?
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: How do you sell robots?  (Read 10982 times)
Ellie
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
How do you sell robots?
« on: 2006 March 09, 16:23:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When I try to mark them for sale with the appropriate tool the robots are not clickable, it only says "cannot be set for sale". How do you do it?
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
Re: How do you sell robots?
« Reply #1 on: 2006 March 09, 16:25:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Which ones? I think once you use or activate them you can't make them for sale. Have you tried just taking them straight off the bench and putting them up for sale? That always worked for me.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Ellie
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 March 09, 16:28:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

HydroBots and CleanBots.
I haven't used them, only put them from the inventory onto a shelf. I will try moving them directly from the bench.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 March 09, 16:31:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm, I just put mine on the floor when I sold them and grabbed them straight off the bench. It shouldn't make a difference though. *shrug*

pioupiou
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 March 09, 16:33:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try to click on the base instead of the robot : it works for me.
Pioupiou
Ellie
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 March 09, 17:10:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think I've tried clicking on about every spot of the robots  Huh
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 March 09, 17:24:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can you click on the shelf itself? Doing that should make everything on it sellable.

Also, to be clear, you are in the sell mode, right?

Gus Smedstad
Lipless Loser

Dabbler

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 March 09, 17:28:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's normally impossible to put a robot on the shelf.  It's attached to a recharging base, and the base won't fit on a shelf.  The base is the thing you mark for sale, not the robot.

My guess is that you have MoveObjects on, and you moved the robot to the shelf without the base.  I've never done this, but if the base is gone afterwards, there's nothing you can do.  Throw away that robot and build another one.

- Gus

Fine, I can see why people hate the Sims 3 sigs.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 March 09, 17:34:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've definitely sold them at a home based business, it was on the floor though if that makes a difference.

Regarding putting them on shelves, I haven't tried yet so I don't know if it's possible. Numenor also has a hack at MTS2 that supposedly lets you put ANYTHING on shelves. I installed it recently but haven't tried putting the robots on shelves.

Ellie
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 March 09, 17:55:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It is a home business, but it really was the moveobjects on that caused this. I turned it off and the robots are no longer able to be placed on shelves and they have a base which is clickable for sale.
buddha pest
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 March 09, 20:29:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It is a home business, but it really was the moveobjects on that caused this. I turned it off and the robots are no longer able to be placed on shelves and they have a base which is clickable for sale.
Yeah. At first I was using this very flat shelf/display that I was putting right on the floor and couldn't even see once I put a hydro/clean/muchie/sentry on it, and i could click their bases for sale fine, but I could not restock.

Took me awhile to figure out it was the shelves, but I ditched them and all works fine.
buddha pest
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 March 09, 20:39:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My guess is that you have MoveObjects on, and you moved the robot to the shelf without the base.  I've never done this, but if the base is gone afterwards, there's nothing you can do.  Throw away that robot and build another one.

- Gus
The base would still be sitting on the bench for you to grab and put the robot back on. The bench itself would be glitching out with no options but "sell for $0."

There's a reason I know this.  Wink

Elvie
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 March 09, 21:28:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I still haven't figured out how to unmark items for sale after marking them for sale. 

If you accidentally mark something for sale, is there a way to undo it without getting rid of the item in buy mode?
Gus Smedstad
Lipless Loser

Dabbler

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 March 09, 21:38:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just click on it again with the pricing tool.  If it's currently for sale, that marks it as not for sale.

- Gus

Fine, I can see why people hate the Sims 3 sigs.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 March 09, 21:40:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You just click on the item or shelf again in pricing mode and it unmarks them.

I must say, a lot of the basic functions of how to use the interface in this expansion are not intuitive. They weren't for me at first either. It almost seems like you have to buy the damned guide to figure out the game. The scrap of paper that's a piss poor excuse for a manual is not much help.

buddha pest
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 March 09, 22:03:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I must say, a lot of the basic functions of how to use the interface in this expansion are not intuitive. They weren't for me at first either. It almost seems like you have to buy the damned guide to figure out the game. The scrap of paper that's a piss poor excuse for a manual is not much help.
Blurgh, really. I've never had any desire to buy a prima guide, particularly since I have access to message boards, but I've been getting so frustrated with some little things in this expansion that I've been tempted several times.

But I refuse to pay $20 for the basics that should have been included in the instruction manual anyway.

I just keep holding out and hoping more info starts showing up in the War Room.
ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 March 09, 23:24:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But I refuse to pay $20 for the basics that should have been included in the instruction manual anyway.

The guide is now down to about twelve bucks at Amazon.

There was new OFB info posted at the help site at EA; sorry I can't provide the link as I accessed it at my office computer which has broadband.  Home is rinkydinkydialup and I would never venture there from here.  If you read Kane's sticky under the topic, the link is there.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 March 09, 23:26:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is Amazon actually shipping anytime soon though? Last time I checked they said ships in 4-6 weeks!!! I broke down and bought it at EB.  Tongue

*edit: Hmm, says ships in 24 hours now. Figures. Anyway, it's $13.59 and I get hit with tax because Amazon does business in my state. Then there's shipping too unless I combine it with something else to hit the $25 for free shipping.

Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 March 09, 23:41:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I ordered my guide from amazon.com and got it Monday
buddha pest
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 March 10, 00:51:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The guide is now down to about twelve bucks at Amazon.

There was new OFB info posted at the help site at EA; sorry I can't provide the link as I accessed it at my office computer which has broadband.  Home is rinkydinkydialup and I would never venture there from here.  If you read Kane's sticky under the topic, the link is there.
Thanks. I think I've found it. Maybe it will be helpful.

Twelve bucks is still too much for me for the guide since I just hate the whole concept.
ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006 March 10, 00:59:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is Amazon actually shipping anytime soon though?

Yeah - I had ordered mine 2/27 in combination with a pair of snowshoes.  Got free shipping and the snowshoes arrived two days after the order was placed.  Amazon shipped the guide Tuesday so maybe it will be here by this weekend.

The snow is melting but I still need the guide. 
Renatus
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2006 March 10, 10:19:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think the guide is necessary. I've figured out quite a lot of the business stuff in one playing session with ToolTips on and clicking on stuff. I have no idea how bad or good the actual manual is; mine is in Finnish and I can't read Finnish well enough to make much sense of it. The ToolTips have been really useful, though.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2006 March 10, 10:38:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is Amazon actually shipping anytime soon though? Last time I checked they said ships in 4-6 weeks!!! I broke down and bought it at EB.  Tongue
Wow, their shipping is even more horrible than mine. At least *MINE* has a reason for taking 6-8 weeks.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Ellie
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2006 March 10, 10:39:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

hey, I am Finnish too Smiley
I haven't read the manual properly either, I was too impatient to get to play the game Cheesy Just looked through it a couple of times.
But I don't really miss a guide either, it's fun to find out stuff for yourself. Except for the things you can't figure out, but luckily there are forums like this Wink
Renatus
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2006 March 10, 11:59:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I usually do read the manuals to everything, but I'm not actually Finnish and only have six months of language instruction under my belt.  Cheesy I could have had the husband read it to me or sat with it and a dictionary and puzzled it out, but I wanted to get to playing the game.

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: