More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 16, 03:05:56

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6518 Members
Latest Member: Willaemann
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Annoying jestures of CAS sims in OFB
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Annoying jestures of CAS sims in OFB  (Read 11707 times)
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Annoying jestures of CAS sims in OFB
« on: 2006 March 06, 14:32:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Until the install of OFB, my CAS sims NEVER scratched under their arm-pit - only townies had this jesture, which I hated to see.

I just created 2 CAS sims - Aquarius and Capricorn; both of them have 5-6 neat points, 2 outgoing, and 2 active. I had these kind of CAS sims before, but they never scratched under their arm-pit. Now both of them do, as if they are dirty and need a bath.

Furthermore, the spin of my sims (knowledge), when they take a bath or change clothes,  turn out to be like the spin of the romantic sims - they spin on one leg only. Another annoying jesture.

Can some hacker fix these annoying jestures? I begin to hate this game, just looking at them...Smiley.

JenW
Irritating Ignoramus

Grilled cheese lovin' cyborg

View Profile WWW
Re: Annoying jestures of CAS sims in OFB
« Reply #1 on: 2006 March 06, 14:37:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The spin on one leg is from them being lazy...TwoJeffs has a hack that fixes that. I'm not sure about what causes the armpit scratching, but my Sims have always done that, not just the townies.

<Pescado> With ninja throwing breadsticks, YOU are the dipping sauce! | The Literate Sim
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 March 06, 14:38:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you Jen, I am going right now to search for the fix. These really are annoying jestures.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 March 06, 14:51:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

JM's advice would be to not create lazy sims.  Give them at least 6 active points, and they can run and won't do that slow spin.  They also won't lose comfort like lazy sims and require less sleep.  All my sims have at least 6 active.  I have TJ"s fix in my game because I hate seeing the townies do the slow spin and gorilla slouch, but I always bump up the active points of my controllable sims.
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 March 06, 14:57:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Grin Grin Grin  Rainbow - I don't have the SimPe and the Enhanser - so I can only move one or two points to reach the right Zodiac sign. Believe me, that when I could use them - none of my sims was lazy...Smiley

Do you know a cheat that can add them active points? - I really am annoyed of these jestures! Although I don't see a cheat that can cancel this awful scratch...Smiley.

BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 March 06, 14:59:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

boolprop testingcheatsenabled true at least as early as the neighbourhood screen.  Enter the lot and click + drag your mouse over the personality bar.  It will go up.
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 March 06, 15:02:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

BlueSoup - I knew, I knew that someone will suggest the "W(B)oolProp"!!!  Grin Grin

I AM outrageous cheater, but I NEVER use this cheat - just scare to cause some mischief...Smiley.

Any object you know doing this?
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 March 06, 15:03:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's lots of things you can do.  You can use boolprop debug mode, but that will change their Zodiac sign.  So I recommend InSim.  You can set the active points to whatever you wish, and you can even set their sign independently.  I have also heard Merola's multi-painting lets you do this without changing their sign, but I don't use it myself.

I think the dest version of InSIm is ok to use with OFB.  I haven't installed the new EP, so I haven't checked.  But that's what TJ said, I believe.  Usually the Sim version is the one that they have to update.
Renatus
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 March 06, 15:04:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, Merola's Multipainting works fine for adjusting personality points. You have to do it in two steps if you want the genetic personality to match and you have to do a few clicks per point you want to add, but it's probably the easiest and least intrusive way to do it for anyone who doesn't want to use testing cheats.

Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 March 06, 15:06:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh - I HAVE the Insimenator! Never used it far than illness immunity and relations.

Thanks, Rainbow! ...Smiley

...I am Lousy Outrageous Cheater...Smiley.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 March 06, 15:07:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I use TJ's College Adjuster to sync genetic personality after I get them like I want.

InSim has a function to change genetic personality, but it's clumsier than just hitting sync on the college adjuster.  Plus, the options are messed up, like Neatness affects niceness and vice versa, and so on.  I reported this, but it hasn't been fixed yet.  Sad
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 March 06, 15:07:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks, Renatus - I have that painting too!  Grin Grin Grin

To show you how much I cheat...Smiley
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 March 06, 15:09:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, I don't have the college adjuster, because I use the JMP's college clock. Do they clash?
Magwitch
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 March 06, 15:12:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Gali, I have both and have had no problems.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 March 06, 15:12:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, I don't have the college adjuster, because I use the JMP's college clock. Do they clash?
No, they are both self-contained objects.
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 March 06, 15:14:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks, will download it!
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 March 06, 15:16:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You're welcome. Smiley
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 March 06, 15:51:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Phew! Thank you all!!!

The lazy spin dissapeared (used Merola's Multi-Painting and gave them 5 active), and the auful scratch dissapeared too (downloaded the new TJ OFB fix and College adjuster).

...Just couldn't stand that...Smiley.

pearlbh
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 March 06, 17:31:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The armpit scratching is a lazy Sim thing, though I have no idea what that has to do with being lazy.  I don't mind having some lazy Sims, and I don't mind the slow spin thing either (I don't quite understand why that bothers some people, but to each his own.)  Smiley  But the armpit habit is annoying and I have no idea what it has to do with being lazy, but it is only lazy Sims who do it.

MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 March 06, 19:18:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well there is also the FFS lot debugger you could use and it won't change the zodiac sign, but to use the "fudge astrology" option you would need to turn the boolprop cheat on.  Roll Eyes

Boolprop testingcheats is safe to use Gali as long as you don't clic on every shiny button and save right after without knowing what you just did.
radiophonic
Lipless Loser

Quirky Liberal Alpha Male

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006 March 06, 20:24:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you want to do it the hard way, have a neat elder ecourage them to be neat. Wink

Instant gratification takes too long.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2006 March 06, 20:29:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you want to do it the hard way, have a neat elder ecourage them to be neat. Wink
But do they have to be family?  I also haven't been able to tell that I was making any difference on sims who aren't living in the same house...so I don't do this with families that don't live in the same house.  I would look at the encouragee after a while using Merola's mirror, and I couldn't see anything had changed...so I was afraid I was wasting my time. Sad
Assmitten
Whiny Wussy

Poop poop

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2006 March 06, 22:27:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The spin on one leg is from them being lazy...

Well, that's just...stupid. I never noticed because I usually create active sims. And with the armpit thing...I don't use anything that lets me preview townies' personalities, so this is another good way of sussing them out.

About the gestures thing, I think that there have been some new animations added for viewing art. Has anyone else noticed this? People spent a lot of time in Florence Delarosa's bathroom looking at the art in there, and they seem more invovled than before.

<notovny> Aww, yeah, WOODBEAST.
<kutto> Keep it in your pants, notovny.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2006 March 06, 22:40:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I noticed the 'more viewing of art' thing after I installed the NL2 patch.  In my case, it seems to affect sim-paintings only, not the ones you can buy.  An idle sim in the household will just wander over and stare at the painting, and then make some comment about it's quality.  It's particularly funny when the sim views it, then gives the thumbs down and a razzberry, and it's the sim that actually painted the damn thing!

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Assmitten
Whiny Wussy

Poop poop

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2006 March 06, 22:52:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah, thanks. I waited to install the NL2 patch until got OFB. Because I assumed that OFB would cover it, but not so, according to another thread here.  Tongue

It's so weird when they add stuff like that in a patch. I feel sorry for the peeps who play but don't go online to check for updates. I didn't find out about updates until after Sims 1 Unleashed came out. For months I was battling under-fridge puddles.

<notovny> Aww, yeah, WOODBEAST.
<kutto> Keep it in your pants, notovny.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: