More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 16, 04:46:53

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6518 Members
Latest Member: Willaemann
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  No character data?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: No character data?  (Read 4054 times)
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
No character data?
« on: 2005 August 04, 17:47:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had a sim "find own place", which put her in the family bin, and when I went into her file after exiting the game, she had no character data.
Could someone please explain to me what "character data" consists of? Her relationships, personality, memories, family instance, and family ties are all showing up correctly.  Is there a way to fix her? Or this problem in general?
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
Re: No character data?
« Reply #1 on: 2005 August 04, 20:24:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd try putting her in a new lot, then when she's settle in, seeing if the problem persists.

Zephyr Zodiac
LK
Terrible Twerp

Humanity can suck my hard drive

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2005 August 04, 22:21:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Apparently, if we've learned anything by the various bins in the game, it's that they're all the spawn of satan.

http://www.thesporum.net
The First, The Original, The Best
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 August 05, 01:03:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had a sim "find own place", which put her in the family bin, and when I went into her file after exiting the game, she had no character data.
Could someone please explain to me what "character data" consists of? Her relationships, personality, memories, family instance, and family ties are all showing up correctly.  Is there a way to fix her? Or this problem in general?

I had that happen to one of my sim-guys. He suddenly, out of the blue, showed up with 'no character data'. I did the bold thing and replaced his character file (the N_000whatever) in the neighborhood subfolder with a back-up file of his (I make a back-up of the whole "Neigborhood" folder after I quit the game, everytime). I'm still surprised it worked. TJ said that this should be ok to do.

G.

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 August 13, 23:09:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Reviving this thread to say "hmmmm...I think I'll try that." I seem to get "no character data" problems a lot, lately. Dina Caliente went missing, went to back-up neighborhood, thus losing about 2 days worth of playing. Then one of my YA's went missing. Went to backup hood again. Now I have a toddler with no character data. I'll try just replacing his file with a backup and see what happens.

Was there a thread about this where TJ (I'm assuming twojeffs) discussed this?   
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 August 14, 00:21:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oops, I just finished saying the same thing in the other thread. I PM'd TJ (twojeffs :D) about it, telling him (them?) what I did, and he answered that I did it the right way.

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 August 14, 00:35:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just replaced the files, and the character data is back in simpe. Thanks for that advice! That problem was really getting annoying.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: