More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 16, 14:45:06

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6518 Members
Latest Member: Willaemann
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  What's the best method for editing family relationships
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: What's the best method for editing family relationships  (Read 6060 times)
angelyne
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
What's the best method for editing family relationships
« on: 2006 February 11, 22:33:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One of my sims had a child out of wedlock. I want to fix things so the child recognizes his mother's husband as his father and vice versa.

I played around in SimsPE.  I broke the relationship in the relationship editor and then in the sims description, edited the relationship to be the way I want.  But when I go back to the relationship editor, I get an error (like object not found or something like that).

So is there a way to do this cleanly?

Edit:  Nevermind I think I figured it out.  You have to right cilck on the family tree section of SimPE and then "add to the family".  Then you can establish the relationship. 

I edited it and am about to launch the game.  We'll see.

What mod is that ??
« Last Edit: 2006 February 11, 23:24:19 by angelyne » Logged
Kitiara
Lipless Loser

boolprop IQTestingEnabledTrue

View Profile
Re: What's the best method for editing family relationships
« Reply #1 on: 2006 February 11, 23:16:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't help you, but a 'adopt your stepchild' mod sounds intriguing.

I would like to ease the minds of anyone that thinks that I am ignoring them. You are not paranoid.
I am not normal. I have never met a normal person. I disbelieve in such mythical creatures.
sudaki
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 February 12, 00:47:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know the Insiminator lets you adjust relationships like this in-game, albeit with the usual menu maze. I've used it for the same thing (if you want to graduate six children from college, then I think the ones you raised who never even met their "real" fathers ought to count, Mr. Husband-of-a-Cheatin'-Romance-Sim).
angelyne
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 February 12, 00:56:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks Sudaki, but I really like kittens too much Cheesy
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 February 12, 00:59:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pescado hates the inTeenimator, no the inSim :=p
sudaki
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 February 12, 01:19:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Or at least, InSim has not yet been officially linked to the deaths of small furry animals.
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 February 12, 01:19:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, he hates both.  But people talk about Inteen more (and subsequently post more with problems).
angelyne
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 February 12, 02:52:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Didn't he call it bloatware ?
Jorenne
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 February 12, 04:38:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't get me started on this again.  Just....don't....make....me....do....it
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 February 12, 05:22:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's a two-way street.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 February 12, 07:50:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why must every thread turn into a discussion bashing the InTeenimater???  Why why why!?  *bangs head on desk*
Renatus
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 February 12, 13:47:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Because it is a DEADLY SIN to play one's game in a way that differs from anyone else's way, especially if that way is outlined by someone with an attitude and a loud mouth.  Wink

angelyne
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 February 12, 16:53:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think coders such as Pescado dislike hacks such as InTeen because they are so huge and far reaching, that almost every other mod written tends to create conflicts.

While, not being a coder myself (so forgive my invented terminology) , I get the feeling that JM likes small(ish) self contained code that has a tight focus and dislikes large mod that includes everything but the kitchen sink.

And from that point of view, I understand how irritating it is to have people come here and complain  his hacks not working because of a conflict with one of those big mods.  Bad enough having to work around Maxis bad coding, without having to figure out everyone' else as well. (not implying that their code is bad, just that it takes time and energy to figure someone else code).

Anyway, that's my take on it.  I could be completely wrong, not being a modder myself.

I tend to stay away from large mods because I don't want to stray away too far from the game as it's designed. (minus the bugs and aggravations due to bad design).  If I need to make changes, I exit the game and do them in SimPE.  Otherwise it's too easy and I tend to do it all the time.  As it is the in-game cheats are bad enough, and I use them too much.  For example now I can't resist using the Tombstone of L&D to speed up pregnancy and babyhood and then the age cheat to grow them up to make sure I am not getting troglodyte children.  And that takes some of the pleasure of seing your simkids grow up.  So if I have a tentacular-type mod in the game, I know I will use it, which is why I don't put it in.

But that's me.  And the beauty of this game, is that everyone can play it the way they wish and that's what keeps it interesting for so many people for so long.

AllenABQ
Feckless Fool

Contemplator of Fuzzy Things

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 February 12, 17:30:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think coders such as Pescado dislike hacks such as InTeen because they are so huge and far reaching, that almost every other mod written tends to create conflicts.

While, not being a coder myself (so forgive my invented terminology) , I get the feeling that JM likes small(ish) self contained code that has a tight focus and dislikes large mod that includes everything but the kitchen sink.

And from that point of view, I understand how irritating it is to have people come here and complain  his hacks not working because of a conflict with one of those big mods.  Bad enough having to work around Maxis bad coding, without having to figure out everyone' else as well. (not implying that their code is bad, just that it takes time and energy to figure someone else code).

Anyway, that's my take on it.  I could be completely wrong, not being a modder myself.

Being a coder myself -- albeit one who has never delved into the mysteries of hacking "The Sims 2" -- I would say you've accurately summed up what would be a frustration for me.

That being said, I do actually like the InSim for very specific uses.  Particularly when I'm creating/customizing my own townies.  The alternative would be bouncing back and forth between the game and SimPE more times than I care for sitting through the game loading up.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: