More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 15, 22:19:44

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6518 Members
Latest Member: Willaemann
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Doing the Dirty on a Dead Spouse?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Doing the Dirty on a Dead Spouse?  (Read 5131 times)
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
Doing the Dirty on a Dead Spouse?
« on: 2005 August 07, 05:26:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don Lothario (resurrected version) got a crush on some woman today.  That's all it was, a crush.  Yet he immediately gets a "Had an affair with" memory.  Trouble is, he doesn't have a committed relationship with anyone apart from Dina (who he was married to) and she's been dead for donkey's years.  I don't think getting a crush on someone constitutes betrayal of a long-dead spouse, so how come he got this memory?  The only explanation I can think of is that I have a mod in (can't remember whose it is) that keeps marriage lines intact after a spouse dies.  I know for a fact that he is still shown as married to Dina in SimPE, but that doesn't alter the fact that she's dead!

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Doing the Dirty on a Dead Spouse?
« Reply #1 on: 2005 August 07, 06:17:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm. That's interesting. I haven't observed that with the marriage thing in place, but it has been known to occur both with and without that marriages are not cleanly "disconnected". There's actually two forms of "marriage" recognition: A. The family tree line, and B. The "married" bit set in relationships. The game GENERALLY tests for the marriage bit, not the family tree, and the marriage bit not being properly disconnected has been known to block remarriage attempts. However, this is a mysteriously unexplained bug, as it doesn't happen consistently and the sticky-marriage effect did not appear in testing of the marriage line hack.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 August 07, 10:27:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have this hack too, it's "marriage post-mortum" of JM:

"Marriage Post-Mortum (v1b) for TS2 v1.0-v1.0p2 & TS2U v1.0
Made by: Flying Fish Systems (J. M. Pescado)

Special Thanks To:
Quaxi, for writing SimPE

Congratulations to: Draklixa!

INSTRUCTIONS:
Place in your MYDOCU~1\EAGAME~1\THESIM~1\DOWNLO~1 directory.

FIXES:
The marriage "spouse" line is no longer automatically disconnected after death.
The surviving partner may remarry as usual, which will correctly connect the
line to the new partner and disconnect the old one, but unless the survivor
remarries, when he dies, their marriage line will still show as connected on the
family tree, like those of the deceased Maxian families.

COMPATIBILITY:
This hack is fully compatible with all FFS hacks. Tested for TS2 v1.0-v1.0p2
and TS2U v1.0.

SIDE EFFECTS:
May cause computer damage, incontinence, explosion of user's head, coma, death,
and/or halitosis."

themaltesebippy
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 August 08, 00:14:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I hate this glitch!  It doesn't seem to matter if you have JM's hack or not becauee I have it and I have alot of couples in my town and some can remarry ok and others have the 'had an affiar' bs when spouse dies.  All you can do it fix it in SimPE and throw a tantrum* (not required)  Tongue
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 August 08, 00:17:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All you can do it fix it in SimPE and throw a tantrum* (not required)  :P

But extremely refreshing and satisfying :D

G.

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2005 August 08, 03:07:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm. That's interesting. I haven't observed that with the marriage thing in place, but it has been known to occur both with and without that marriages are not cleanly "disconnected". There's actually two forms of "marriage" recognition: A. The family tree line, and B. The "married" bit set in relationships. The game GENERALLY tests for the marriage bit, not the family tree, and the marriage bit not being properly disconnected has been known to block remarriage attempts. However, this is a mysteriously unexplained bug, as it doesn't happen consistently and the sticky-marriage effect did not appear in testing of the marriage line hack.
So even with your mod (now that I know it's yours), the "married bit" shouldn't be ticked, only the family tree?  In other words, the relationship shouldn't show ticks in the married box and they shouldn't show as spouses?

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 August 08, 03:18:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Right, they shouldn't be ticked as married.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: