More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 18, 05:48:55

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Change Appearances?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Change Appearances?  (Read 6895 times)
Nukapei
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Change Appearances?
« on: 2006 February 06, 18:49:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been trying, and failing, to find a hack that allows me to edit an existing Sim's entire appearance.  Everything.  Including, what I'm really looking for, the skintone.  I have InSIM, but it doesn't do skintones, just facial structure and then what you could get using a mirror (change hair, makeup, etc.)  Anyone know of anything else?  I've been scouring this site, the InSIM site, MTS2, even SimChaotics and Logical Sims.  Nothing!!!

There are 10 kinds of people in this world, those that understand binary and those that don't.
Issy
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Re: Change Appearances?
« Reply #1 on: 2006 February 06, 18:56:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only way you can change skintone is via Simpe, although there could be other ways I'm not sure.

Webby: http://sims.ambertation.de/en//

I put default skins in my game, that way all the townies/npc's look semi decent now.  I use the Simcribbling's Defaults from MTS2 which work great for me.

"Life has taught us that love does not consist in gazing at each other, but in looking outward together in the same direction".  ~Antoine de Exupery
Nukapei
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 February 06, 18:57:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oooo, I have SimsPE, hadn't even thought about it.  Thanks, Issy! Kiss

Edited: okay, I went into SimPE, found my Sim ... but the DNA is just a bunch of nonsense!  Well, nonsense to me ...  Undecided  Would anyone explain, or point out a tutorial?
« Last Edit: 2006 February 06, 19:18:22 by Nukapei » Logged

There are 10 kinds of people in this world, those that understand binary and those that don't.
JenW
Irritating Ignoramus

Grilled cheese lovin' cyborg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2006 February 06, 19:22:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try using Sim Surgery, I think that's where you can change the skintone in a "normal person" way Wink

<Pescado> With ninja throwing breadsticks, YOU are the dipping sauce! | The Literate Sim
Nukapei
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 February 06, 19:23:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

LOL!  'Normal person' is most definitely myself!  Is this a program, or what?

JenW
Irritating Ignoramus

Grilled cheese lovin' cyborg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2006 February 06, 19:27:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's in SimPE, I think under the Tools menu? Or maybe Plugins?

<Pescado> With ninja throwing breadsticks, YOU are the dipping sauce! | The Literate Sim
Nukapei
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 February 06, 19:35:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Found it!  Under "Tools".  Thanks to both Issy and Jenwarren! Kiss

maxon
Obtuse Oaf

Unrepentant Inteenimator User - Kitten Killer.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 February 06, 19:44:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Found it!  Under "Tools".  Thanks to both Issy and Jenwarren! Kiss

As I remember it, you make a new sim with the appearance you want and use their physical appearance to replace the sim you have.  You do it via Sim Surgery - you can't alter the appearance of an existing sim (as though you were in Bodyshop) except with that in game thing - the plastic surgery machine and that doesn't allow you to change the skin tone I think.  Well, that's how it is unless SimPE has undergone radical development.

I've only done it once.  The one and only time I've ever used a self-sim was to make me into a professor in the university - except I was modest and called myself Dr Jen instead.  Wishful thinking - I need to actually write the PhD first, of course.

Inteen for AL, yay!
Nukapei
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 February 06, 19:48:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah, was wondering how that all worked.  But too shy to ask, I've bugged the forum enough for today, me thinks.  Cheesy  So, does it just entirely clone the "archetype" to the "patient" sim, make them exact duplicates?

maxon
Obtuse Oaf

Unrepentant Inteenimator User - Kitten Killer.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 February 06, 19:54:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah, was wondering how that all worked.  But too shy to ask, I've bugged the forum enough for today, me thinks.  Cheesy  So, does it just entirely clone the "archetype" to the "patient" sim, make them exact duplicates?

Essentially, that's the idea.

Inteen for AL, yay!
FreakyRufus
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 February 06, 21:35:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's also an option to just use the archetype's skintone, so you could use the plastic surgery machine to change their facial structure, then use SimPE to change their skintone.  There are some tutorials available under the "Create" section of MTS2 that can tell you how to make the changes made via plastic surgery and via SimPE Sim Surgery be genetic as well as cosmetic.
Nukapei
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 February 06, 21:37:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

THANK YOU!!!!!  I was SO worried I was going to have to go through and get EVERYTHING but the skintone JUSSST right.  But this saves me a LOT of work.  Thanks!!!

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: