More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 16, 06:11:59

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6518 Members
Latest Member: Willaemann
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Grouping like objects etc in Game
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Grouping like objects etc in Game  (Read 6717 times)
Darkstormyeve
Feckless Fool

View Profile
Grouping like objects etc in Game
« on: 2005 August 04, 04:08:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How do you organise all your walls, for example, in game so that when you go into build mode, they are all there in a certain order? Same with grouping objects together.

Another example is when you download a bathroom set it it has lots of different objects like toilet, shower etc, how do you group them together in build mode?

I hate when I have built a room and then I find I missed some of the matching objects because they are spread out everywhere in different catagories. Also, what if I don't a shelf belows say in the mirrors catagory? Who do I move it into say cabinets?

wishy-washy
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Re: Grouping like objects etc in Game
« Reply #1 on: 2005 August 04, 04:13:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think that when you go into collections mode (in buy or build mode) there is a button in the bottom right hand corner that says something about creating your own collection. Just click on it. You choose your own icon and which things you want to put in your collection. I'm not exactly sure, though. It's been a while since I've tried to do this.

Be your own fish.
Darkstormyeve
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 August 04, 04:16:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know where you're talking about Washy.

I'll give that a go.

Like your avatar. Colourful.

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 August 04, 11:16:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I put all my wall and floors in folders by site or creator, then in an overall Walls and Floors folder.  I also subdivide into wall sets and floor sets.  It's not perfect, you still get  odd interruptions in the set, but they do stay fairly close together.  Just wish the game grouped on price like Sims1, but I suppose that's expecting too much!

Zephyr Zodiac
Darkstormyeve
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 August 04, 23:17:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So Zephy, sorry if this is a dumb question, its 0900hrs here and I haven't my cup of tea yet, but these folders that you are talking about, are they in your downloads folder or within the game collections thing that Wishy-washy was refurring too?

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 August 05, 01:09:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just have a folder in Downloads which I call Walls and floors, and the various subfolders go in that.  If you have a large number of a particular type, you could put them into their own Collections set when you're in game, but I rarely bother as it takes so long to do. One thing I do do, though, is any walls and floors which still have the long file name, I check them out in SimPE to find out what they are, make sure I only have them once, then make a folder with the name on, like RedWall1, for example, so I know what they are, and put them in the folder for the site or the creator.  (A site like SimsDesignSisters, which has several creators and I use their stuff a lot, I split up under the different creators, rather than just lumping them all together under the site.)  As I said, once I've done all that (and it was quite a job to do when I first decided to sort out the jumble of files!) it's easy now to keep track of what I have, and mostly they stay in sets, or at least close together, and mostly the different creators/sites walls or floors can be found near to each other in the game.

Zephyr Zodiac
Darkstormyeve
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 August 05, 01:13:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cool Zephy, that makes sense. Thanks.

I have abit of work ahead of me!

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 August 05, 01:19:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, it takes a while to do, but it saves hunting for ages looking for the wall you really want!  Just wish it was as easy for bedlinens!

Zephyr Zodiac
Darkstormyeve
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 August 05, 01:21:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yep, bedlinen and rugs.

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 August 05, 01:28:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Rugs are a pain!  But they do look nice!  And unlike the floors which make rugs, you don't have to build your room around them to get them where you want them!

Zephyr Zodiac
Oddysey
Nitwitted Nuisance

Robotic Baby Harp Seal!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 August 06, 15:52:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You've forgotten the true purpose of rugs: to light a whole room on fire at once! Ah, the joys of overlapping objects.
wishy-washy
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005 August 06, 16:08:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know where you're talking about Washy.

I'll give that a go.

Like your avatar. Colourful.

Thanks. My Avatar is this kids cartoon character Mrs. Wishy-Washy or something. I don't exactly know who she is but my cousin used to like her a lot.

Oh, and sorry. I don't think I really understood your question before so my post probably confused you.

Be your own fish.
Darkstormyeve
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2005 August 07, 23:05:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No probs Wishy-washy. I got it sorted over the weekend.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: