More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 16, 07:26:17

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6518 Members
Latest Member: Willaemann
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  "Will you be my honorary auntie?"
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: "Will you be my honorary auntie?"  (Read 6726 times)
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
"Will you be my honorary auntie?"
« on: 2006 February 23, 17:09:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm playing a custom hood at present, where all the sims apart from two were generated in Uni and are now beginning to graduate and move back to the neighbourhood and start their families.  Since all the problems I've had with nannies I decided for each of the first two couples to create an elder and make them a relative in SimPE.  But I had a thought, that it would be nice if the elder in question could be invited in game to "join the family" and become an honorary relative. (And if they and the inviting sim could get the "x joined the family" memory that would be truly awesome!)

Zephyr Zodiac
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: "Will you be my honorary auntie?"
« Reply #1 on: 2006 February 23, 18:08:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You have to create the "Auntie/Uncle" in CAS before moving the students to the hood. Put him/her  in an empty lot, and send him to buy a cell phone. Return, and move him/her back to the family bin.

Now, teleport him/her to the students, and befriend them. Say good bye, he will return to the family bin.

When the students move to the hood, call your uncle/aunt with the cell phone (you can reach him/her in the family bin only with a cell phone), and invite him/her. Now it's no problem to invite him/her to move in.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 February 23, 18:12:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Gali, that's not my problem - I can simply move them into any house from the bin, which is what I have done so far.  But what I would like is for them to become a member of the family (ie related) in an honorary capacity - as we often do in RL - so, for instance, if a kid has the "new family member" want, it could be satisfied by asking the elder to be part of their family. 

I know as an idea it may be appealing, but I'm also well aware that the limitations of the game would probably make it impossible to actually do!

Zephyr Zodiac
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 February 23, 23:32:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think you can make them a family member with testingcheats, but that wouldn't give you the memory :( And... now that I think about it... I'm not sure what relationship it would give on the family tree...

Unsouper
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 February 23, 23:39:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's really the want fulfilment I was after - I can make them a family member in simPE, and I suppose I can cheat there and add memories, but it would just be nice to have a way they could be just asked to "Join the Family"!

Zephyr Zodiac
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2006 February 24, 00:43:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can make them an auntie in SimPE easily enough by simply adding that relationship in the relationship section.  However, to get them to show-up in the family tree, you will need to do a little more.  Choose a townie (any old townie) and make them the parent of whoever is going to be the niece or nephew (do this in the Family Ties section, not the normal relationship section).  You can then make the prospective auntie the sister of this townie (again in Family Ties), which should automatically make them the actual auntie of the niece or nephew (still with me?).  You can then delete the parent/child relationship and the sibling relationship, but the auntie/niece or nephew relationship should stay put.  I know it sounds complicated, but in practice it isn't really.  The reason you need to do it this way is because you can only create parent/child or marital relationships in Family Ties and that's the only place you can do them to get them to show-up in the Family Tree and be properly recognised in-game.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 February 24, 00:57:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ancient, I know I can do it this way, in fact I have done it this way (though definitely NOT with townies!). 

It was a passing thought merely that it would be nice to do it in game and maybe have a party to celebrate the elder becoming part of a family!

Zephyr Zodiac
sintrinity
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 February 24, 05:18:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can never get my families right.  In Veronaville the single father Monty (can't remember his name cause I don't like him) somehow burned up making crepes suzette  Wink causing the 2 Monty grandchildren to end up in the adoption bin.  I thought it would be really cool to have the grandparents take them in so they called to adopt but the family tree got screwed up.  Instead of still showing the dead father and mother it showed the grandmother who placed the calls as the mother and her son as the dead father.  How gross is that??
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 February 24, 10:45:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Antonio - I quite like him!  All sims seem to burn up making crepes suzettes!  I think you need to have loads of extinguishers around to prevent it.

Zephyr Zodiac
sintrinity
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 February 24, 12:11:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know ZZ!  Crepes Suzette are the only saviour I have for killing off my permaplat elders without helping them along playing Kervorkian (well, until I got twojeffs thingy to make them not live forever).  It is a real pain playing legacy challenges cause my houses get too full and the old coots won't die even if I leave them to their own devices.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 February 24, 12:14:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I never seem to play a hood long enough to reach that point! Grin

Zephyr Zodiac
Dea
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 February 25, 06:21:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have never had a sim burn crepe suzettes do they do the same thing like when they set the baked alaska on fire

ISFJ
Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: 2006 February 25, 06:28:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've never had a sim make baked alaska, but the one I had who caught on fire from the crepes looked like she had just spontaneously combusted!  I was just glad there was someone close to extinguish her, and of course the fire department came running, too.

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 February 25, 10:33:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They didn't come running to save Angela!  I'd forgotten to put a fire alarm in the Pleasant house!

Zephyr Zodiac
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: