More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 16, 10:00:03

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6518 Members
Latest Member: Willaemann
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  6 Days at Home to do WHAT Exactly?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: 6 Days at Home to do WHAT Exactly?  (Read 20200 times)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: 6 Days at Home to do WHAT Exactly?
« Reply #25 on: 2005 August 05, 23:08:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nope, sorry, there's never been any KIAs in any version of the Sims.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2005 August 05, 23:11:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know I haven't played Sims1 in a while, but I have an excellent memory!  In the Police career,for example, they get the popup that they were injured in a shoot-out, and lost a couple of body-skill points!

Zephyr Zodiac
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2005 August 05, 23:15:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Never seen one of those, but now we have chance cards that do that.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2005 August 05, 23:22:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, the Sims 1 chance cards just didn't have options to choose from, they just appeared!  I know they happened in every career because I used to use Job Factory to write my own careers but you couldn't, if I remember correctly, write chance cards, so the original career you replaced would pop up with totally unrelated chance cards!

Zephyr Zodiac
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2005 August 05, 23:46:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I figure that SimCity has a lot of hospitals. I mean, I sure as hell do. Just to fill the constant demands of whiny sims requires at least 3 hospitals covering a goodly-sized residential district. Of course, the only thing you've ever managed to produce is slums full of the sick and dying, which is clearly explainable by your LACK OF HOSPITALS.

Not true, not true :D.

My SimCity becomes a slum because the traffic and roads get so horrible (see, I didn't even try the 'my computer is bad' excuse anymore). I don't have Rush Hour; I've been told that this expansion takes care of the traffic and road mess that is in SimCity 4. I make lots of hospitals there, I faithfully place them so there are no areas left out, even if they overlap. And firehouses and police-stations, but still... Maybe I'm just not good at trying for large cities, my mind is not as precise and logical as yours JM.

Your SimCities are a model of scientific precision. Aside from that, I need to behave like a useless log for several hours, and you are beyond this wussy behavior. That's why I am logical vicariously through you, logic by proxy :D
Besides, now I want a cool 8G elevator for my high-rises, and I can't get them either.

In my TS2 community I have 94 characters, including NPC's. I figure, one hospital is enough for them. And the University I have attached has another hospital. If I had a big neighborhood, I would let them have more chiefs of staff, but even if I ever build a large neighborhood and mess around in it until it becomes a Big Fiery Ball...etc. etc., I'll not risk this particular neighborhood for anything. Yeah, yeah, I know, I'm a wuss, and I'm in for a good kicking. I'll go have some coffee, maybe the shakes will keep me awake :D

G.

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2005 August 05, 23:58:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My SimCity becomes a slum because the traffic and roads get so horrible (see, I didn't even try the 'my computer is bad' excuse anymore). I don't have Rush Hour; I've been told that this expansion takes care of the traffic and road mess that is in SimCity 4. I make lots of hospitals there, I faithfully place them so there are no areas left out, even if they overlap. And firehouses and police-stations, but still... Maybe I'm just not good at trying for large cities, my mind is not as precise and logical as yours JM.

Your SimCities are a model of scientific precision. Aside from that, I need to behave like a useless log for several hours, and you are beyond this wussy behavior. That's why I am logical vicariously through you, logic by proxy Cheesy
Besides, now I want a cool 8G elevator for my high-rises, and I can't get them either.
I'm not really sure how building 6x6 grid squares counts as highly scientific or logical, but they manage to get to decent size doing this. But you are still dumb and have an ugly butt.

veilchen
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2005 August 06, 00:15:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But you are still dumb and have an ugly butt.

JM, there you go, telling secrets again. You promised not to do that. :D

G.

~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
Oddysey
Nitwitted Nuisance

Robotic Baby Harp Seal!

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2005 August 06, 15:35:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When I play Sim City 4 (haven't done it in a while, since my CD's broken, and I'm not sure if it's worth replacing) my cities just sort of naturally grow in various directions, with no real rhyme or reason to them. Sort of like a slime mold. And they stay fairly safe, healthy, clean, etc. Maybe it's because I've been playing Sim City games for almost 10 years? It's not terribly difficult: this building makes crime or whatever go down, this building makes this other thing go down. Add in budget balancing and a fairly dense and well connected road system (I understand why emminent domain is a major road building tool now. Boom!) along with perhaps a decent bus system, and you're set.

EDIT: Oh, yes, and I usually give family sims the Ecological Guru job, or I use it to abuse the career system by switching careers a lot and making obscene amounts of money. Knowledge sims who have maxed out skills usually get most of ther ASP from romantic interactions with spouses or from aliens. Heh heh heh.
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2005 August 06, 16:42:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When I play Sim City 4 (haven't done it in a while, since my CD's broken, and I'm not sure if it's worth replacing) my cities just sort of naturally grow in various directions, with no real rhyme or reason to them. Sort of like a slime mold.

Yeah, mine start out pretty healthy, but sooner or later the roads deteriorate, the businesses leave, etc. etc. Someone told me not to use autoroads at all and to get 'rush hour', then I could see an improvement. They also grow as if on their own, hence the road deterioration. I even put public transportation anywhere I can thinking  (probably wrongly) that it would ease the road usage, no dice. I should give rush hour a try.

G.

Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: 2005 August 09, 01:05:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tried SimCity4 and couldn't get to grips with it at all.  I thoroughly enjoyed SC3, but 4 is much harder.  No matter what I did, my cities all died.  I couldn't seem to get my own Sims into the game, either.  I had Bella & Bob in it (the versions that come with the game), but they were always moving because the areas they lived-in deteriorated so quickly.  I didn't really get chance to play it much anyway, because I got TS2 soon afterwards and got hooked on that.  Maybe I will try again if I get bored waiting for Nightlife.

I've also decided what to do with my Guru.  I will change the day with a mod so it's always Wednesday, at least until he comes home, that way he can work every day and earn $70,000 simoleans a week (plus more if there are chance cards).  Don't know why I didn't think of that before.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2005 August 09, 02:02:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Posted by: Ancient Sim
I will change the day with a mod so it's always Wednesday, at least until he comes home, that way he can work every day and earn $70,000 simoleans a week (plus more if there are chance cards)

Gnomon's 'flamingo of weekness' comes in very handy for that. There are about 6 or 7 (or more) flamingoes available, each with a different purpose.

G.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2005 August 09, 11:14:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, mine start out pretty healthy, but sooner or later the roads deteriorate, the businesses leave, etc. etc. Someone told me not to use autoroads at all and to get 'rush hour', then I could see an improvement. They also grow as if on their own, hence the road deterioration. I even put public transportation anywhere I can thinking  (probably wrongly) that it would ease the road usage, no dice. I should give rush hour a try.
Not sure what "Autoroads" are, but you probably shouldn't be having problems with road deterioration unless you're not funding the transit department enough. I think the original, pre-Rush Hour game also has a number of pathfinding issues that go unfixed which causes minor problems later in the game.

cyperangel
Garrulous Gimp

Lipless expert in stupid questions

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2005 August 09, 11:18:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Where do i find such a flamingo of weekness? I tried a google search, and found lots of flamingoes, but no weekness

LK: I think the closest thing to a "soft heart" you'll find in JM's possession is the one he ripped out of some hapless fool's chest.
If you google "More Awesome Than You" - you'll find it. Please read the FAQs carefully before posting - their motto is MOAR FIGHT!They are not a snuggly bunc
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2005 August 09, 11:29:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wouldn't know. The only Flamingo I use is the ordinary Flamingo of Kickyness.

Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: 2005 August 09, 13:20:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have the Flamingo of Weekness, you can also use the Inseminator temporal mod.  The flamingo is available at http://www.living-it-up.net for the person who asked and anyone else who's interested. 

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
cyperangel
Garrulous Gimp

Lipless expert in stupid questions

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2005 August 09, 16:37:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It was I that asked.

But, the link you posted is somewhat inaccurate.. The real one is without the G in living.. as in http://livin-it-up.net/

LK: I think the closest thing to a "soft heart" you'll find in JM's possession is the one he ripped out of some hapless fool's chest.
If you google "More Awesome Than You" - you'll find it. Please read the FAQs carefully before posting - their motto is MOAR FIGHT!They are not a snuggly bunc
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2005 August 10, 12:38:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The flamingo of decay doesn't work properly in Uni - beware!

Zephyr Zodiac
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: