More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 16, 13:48:30

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6518 Members
Latest Member: Willaemann
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Dormies Exhibiting Bouts of Free Will OFF?!?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Dormies Exhibiting Bouts of Free Will OFF?!?  (Read 5671 times)
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
Dormies Exhibiting Bouts of Free Will OFF?!?
« on: 2005 August 03, 07:52:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

[Edit:]I am noticing a few other dormies exhibiting this dumb standing around doing nothing like I don't have Free Will behaviour. It seems to go away if I make them Selectable with the InSIMenator, however, and usually the next thing queued is the What's This? action with the InSIMenator. Tongue But... I'm guessing that by making them selectable, it probably changes things, because it allows them to do things they normally wouldn't do as dormies, such as try to answer the phone... Anyhew, I'm just wondering if this is strange behaviour that I should worry about, or if this is like normal craptastic Maxian featuresAngry [/Edit]

I don't know if this is bathroomusesyou hack related... but something really odd  Huh happened with my game today. I even turned on the boolprop testingcheatsenabled and no error occurred, but here was the oddity. A dormie in my game seems to be exhibiting bouts of NO Free Will. That is, she seems to just stand there and not do anything. So far... this has happened twice, when I was actually paying attention.

The first time it happened (at least that I noticed, since I normally don't pay attention to dormies Tongue) she was standing in front of the sink in a bathroom. This is why I mention the bathroomusesyou hack, since normally it kicks every out right away after they're done using stuff. I just noticed her standing there. In any case, she stood there for a good 10 to 20 sim minutes, NOT moving. She wasn't using any of the items, and all the items were useable (i.e. not broken). Yet, she was standing in front of the sink, facing AWAY from the sink, after she had just used it. I clicked on her and all interactions seemed normal, so I just called her over, and she finally walked out of the bathroom. *shrugs* She then proceeded to act "normal."

The second time I noticed this behaviour was when she returned from class. She stood there for a long while in front by the mailbox. I don't have Merola's Mind Control Mirror thingie, but I do have the InSIMenator, which comes in handy for such situations. I made her Selectable, and then I saw that she had the Bass guitar on her queue, which is on the roof. I went to check the roof, and oddly enough, the bass was Unoccupied. So, that's weird because there was nothing really obstructing her path or preventing her from interacting with the bass if she wanted to. Yet, she just stood there. Finally, after a little while, the interaction dropped out of her queue and then she went to check out the InSIMenator (I don't have the nowhatsthis hack because, sadly, I find that really amusing  Grin). After that, she went back to "normal" again.

Anyone else have these weird things happen in their game? I guess I will be on the look out if something happens again, but I just find this behaviour very strange.  Roll Eyes

Ste

« Last Edit: 2005 August 03, 08:17:58 by syberspunk » Logged

nikita
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Re: Dormie Exhibiting Bouts of Free Will OFF?!?
« Reply #1 on: 2005 August 03, 08:19:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, this happens to me from time to time with my dormies.  It's never caused a problem aside from them standing around like idiots doing nothing for Sim hours on end.  I actually thought it was a result of me making them selectable by use of the InSIMenator but I soon just started to ignore them unless I needed to interact with them (read: get them to write my term paper or woohoo).  It's actually kind of nice as I hate when I leave my Sim unoccupied for a second and some damn dormie insists on hanging out.
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
Re: Dormies Exhibiting Bouts of Free Will OFF?!?
« Reply #2 on: 2005 August 03, 08:40:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't use either of those hacks, and I frequently get dormies apparently in a coma in corridors and other spaces.   No harm seems to come to them, eventually they come round and get on with their lives.  They can be in suspended animation for days!

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
PresentTense
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 August 03, 08:46:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have seen this happen with dormies in my game too. But then again I always thought they were dumb idiots.
dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 August 03, 08:59:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There are three ways you can get individual free will turned off for sims:

1) Tour guide for Headmaster.
2) Hidden dormie in their room.
3) My hack (shameless plug).

Dormies walking around unhidden with free will turned off is a sign that either the Room Fader is having problems of some mysterious kind, or that there is a conflict going on between Uni and one of your mods (possibly using person data values they should be).

syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2005 August 04, 08:30:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hrm... aside from some updates of Pescado stuffeths, the only recent new stuff I've added would be updates to Crammyboys' cock mods (which I believe does use some Sim Data...?) and mostly your stuff (dizzy2) such as the weekly burglar, work/food delivery, and smart serve. I did download your individual free will plumbob thingie, but I did not install it. I have a tendency to d/l and hoard new and novel hacks on the off chance that I might eventually want to use them, but I don't necessarily install every hack I find. Tongue

Ste
« Last Edit: 2005 August 05, 02:16:45 by syberspunk » Logged

dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 August 04, 08:37:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

On that note, I've seen lots of weirdness in dorms. Lots of stuck arms, stuck doors, and half-faded dormies walking around. There might have been one or two with free will turned off and I wouldn't have noticed. Tongue

sara_dippity
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 August 04, 17:40:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had it happen occasionally. I just use move objects to delete them, and they walk onto the lot as if returning from class, no saving and exiting needed.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 August 05, 00:40:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

On that note, I've seen lots of weirdness in dorms. Lots of stuck arms, stuck doors, and half-faded dormies walking around. There might have been one or two with free will turned off and I wouldn't have noticed. Tongue

True, the dorms are quite surprising sometimes. I remember seeing the half visible dormie for the first time. Paranoid as I am about the game, it was pretty scary. Especially since no one could interact with the sim and I could not select it with moveobjects on either. The other thing that always makes me uncomfortable is the little speech (or thought) bubble coming out of unoccupied rooms. No one lives in this room, no one has claimed it yet, but it behaves as if a dormie is in there. Changing to the 'buy' mode also shows that no one is in there.

G.

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: