More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 20:33:39

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Ye Olde Simmes 2 Archives: Dead Creators
| |-+  Ye Olde Syberspunke Archives (Moderator: syberspunk)
| | |-+  Testers Wanted: Apologize Fix - Uni and Older Now Available (Updated 5/31/2006)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Testers Wanted: Apologize Fix - Uni and Older Now Available (Updated 5/31/2006)  (Read 59777 times)
syberspunk
Heretic

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
Testers Wanted: Apologize Fix - Uni and Older Now Available (Updated 5/31/2006)
« on: 2005 December 28, 03:51:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Apologize Fix for TS2OFB v1.0p1
Made by: syberspunk

Have you absolutely hated :grrr: the way that the Apologize interaction is backasswards in the game?!? Why should the Sim that was slighted be the one that has to apologize? Shouldn't it be the other way around? If you piss someone off, YOU should apologize! And if someone pisses You off, THEY should apologize! I never understood why this was never Fixed! It's easy enough to do. Tongue At least I think so. Wink With this mod, sims that have made another sim angry or furious at them will be the ones who have the Apologize interaction. The sims that are Furious or angry should not! (Unless they have reciprocally pissed off the other sim).

:new: I have posted an untested version for Uni and the basegame. Using the older objects.package, I compared the older version of the BHAV and I modified it in a similar fashion as the NL version I made. Theoretically it should work for those who only have the Uni EP or the basegame, and maybe the Holiday Pack. I DO NOT have the Holiday Pack and I have no intention of un/reinstalling just to test this version. Therefore, USE AT YOUR OWN RISK! However, it would be nice if you could provide some feedback at least and let me know whether it works or not. The way that Socials are tested has changed since NL and later, and I only got into modding just after the arrival of NL. So I can't say for sure whether this version will definitely work, but just based on the code, it should. :shrug:

The rest of you who have NL or later (OFB, FFS) should download the apologizefix.zip. Nothing has changed in that version, so if you already have it, you don't have to update anything. Smiley

INSTALLATION:
This MUST be in your Downloads folder, typically found under:

C:\Documents and Settings\UserName\My Documents\EA GAMES\The Sims 2\Downloads

Compatibility:
:!!: Nightlife tested and approved. I am not sure if this will work in the base game or the Uni EP because it seems that social interaction/tests have been changed. If the Uni EP and/or the base game with the Holiday Pack included has updated this, it probably will work as well, but I cannot guarantee it. Feel free to test it out as I would appreciate any feedback. Smiley

:busted: Note: 5/31/2006
The first version posted requires NL or later (OFB, FFS). It will NOT work with Uni, the Holiday Pack, or the original basegame.

I have tested this in my game and it appears to work fine.

This hack is compatible with most, if not all mods by MATY crew (Pescado, TJ, and CBoy), dizzy, and probably more. Again, up to you to help me determine any possible conflicts.

:!!: REMINDER and fine print (to cover my ass ) :
Remember to ALWAYS BACK UP YOUR DATA BEFORE INSTALLING NEW HACKS. By using this hack, you agree to absolve me of any responsibility or liability for any potential loss of or damage to your data. You have been warned.

:!!: HOW TO REPORT: Conflicts, problems, or errors
I would appreciate any constructive criticism and feedback that is actually helpful. With that in mind, it would be helpful, when reporting any conflicts or issues, that you include the following:

1) thorough but reasonably brief description of what you were doing
2) clear, comprehendible explanation of your problem
3) list of hacks that may be related apologizing
4) archived (.rar or .zip) of log produced by error

Posts which do not include a clear description of what your problem is will be pretty much ignored. (i.e. posts such as "This does not work! I am taking it out! You suck! Nice try! etc.") I can't and won't help you if you don't explain what's wrong.

Please be nice when trying to explain your problem and I might be nice and help you.

:grouphug: Finally, my Thank Yous go to:

J.M. Pescado, twojeffs, dizzy2, and jase439 for being excellent tutors and providing excellent models in their mods. As always, thanks to those creators who've put out some excellent modding tutorials, Quaxi and co for SimPE, and dizzy2 for disaSim2, and the finally letters T and S, and the number 2, all of whom, without which this mod would not be possible.

If I left anyone out, I apologize in advance. You know who you are and you deserve my thanks.

As you can see from the pictures below, the first one shows the female Sim who, from her "side" of the relationship, is fine with her husband. Upon clicking on her husband, the Apologize option appears because she has made him Furious.

In the next picture, you can see in the relationships panel that the husband is indeed Furious with his wife. However, since his wife is not mad at him, upon clicking on the wife, the Apologize interaction does not show up, which makes sense. Tongue

After using the Sim Modder boolprop cheat tool to make his wife mad at him, the Apologize option Now appears as it should. I forgot to take a pic of the wife from her side, so you could see that the relationship reflects how the interactions should work. But you can see this "in game" for yourself. The Apologize interaction should appear only on a sim that you have pissed off, either by making them Furious, or the relationship is negative. Please test and play and provide any feedback if somehthing does not work as it should. I haven't tested every possible scenario, so if something manages to slip my attention, please let me know.

* apologizefix.zip (2 KB - downloaded 2451 times.)
* apologizefix-UniAndOlder.zip (2.03 KB - downloaded 1122 times.)
« Last Edit: 2006 June 01, 22:29:34 by syberspunk » Logged

dewshine
Horrible Halfwit

mean sims and empty lots don't mix...

View Profile WWW
Re: Apologize Fix for Backasswardsness
« Reply #1 on: 2005 December 28, 04:57:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My God!  I was wondering when someone would fix that.  Thank you sooo much.
I'll test this and make sure it plays nicely with my other hacks.

My Avie is a Vin Diesel sim.  Get him at My Yahoo Group
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 December 28, 05:03:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Syberpunk, she is married to the wrong sim...Smiley - 1 bolt is not enough, they need 3 bolts to be the perfect match...Smiley. *tries to be a jipsy*

Thanks for the hack.
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2005 December 28, 09:29:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you, this is great! Cheesy

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
twojeffs
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2005 December 28, 15:44:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*twojeffs kicks Inge

Tongue

Good job Syber, this has been on my list of things to do for like..forever.
simmiecal
Dead Member

No kittens within five miles of my house! :)

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 December 28, 15:56:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I want the hack that lets the baby standup.  Wink
angelyne
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 December 28, 17:49:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That sounds like a welcome addition (correction) to our game.

Any chance apologizing could be made to influence the state of furiousness, as in accelerating the furious state decay or something like that.  That would make a lot of sense that apologizing has an impact on how furious someone is.  At least it does to me Smiley

Swiftgold
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 December 28, 22:38:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That sounds like a welcome addition (correction) to our game.

Any chance apologizing could be made to influence the state of furiousness, as in accelerating the furious state decay or something like that.  That would make a lot of sense that apologizing has an impact on how furious someone is.  At least it does to me Smiley

I was always under the impression that it did do that. I was messing with the furious state while I had a problem with a Sim; I'd accidentally removed his furious token in his memories and he was being jumpy, so I set him as furious with her again using testingcheats. I had him apologize to the one he was furious with several times to attempt to get rid of it faster, and he did end up going from -100/-100 to around 50/20 in quite a short time.

However, I have noticed that some furiousness goes away quicker than others. (One Sim that was part of a romancemod-less threesome after NL "caught" her two lovers with each other, but the furious went away faster with one than with the other), so it's possible that setting it with testingcheats was the "lightly furious" anyway, and so apologizing didn't actually help that much.
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 December 28, 22:39:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you, this is great! Cheesy

Inge, you beat me to it.  Grin
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 December 29, 02:34:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'll have to try this out! Thank you ever so much  Grin

I have a romance sim that still has a few other sims that are pissed off at her so I can have her apologize now an see how it works Smiley

/slightly off topic

On seeing those pics I've realized I must have a hack conflict somewhere cause "Groom" does not show up for me anymore! I had forgotten that option even existed *laughs*  Anyone have any clue what hack could be affecting it? if not then one of these days I'll have to figure out which of the (app.) 129 hacks I have are causing it  Roll Eyes
miramis
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
Re: Testers Wanted: Apologize Fix for Backasswardsness
« Reply #10 on: 2006 January 20, 17:31:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for this Syberspunk Smiley
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 January 22, 04:18:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

/slightly off topic

On seeing those pics I've realized I must have a hack conflict somewhere cause "Groom" does not show up for me anymore! I had forgotten that option even existed *laughs*  Anyone have any clue what hack could be affecting it? if not then one of these days I'll have to figure out which of the (app.) 129 hacks I have are causing it  Roll Eyes
I'm not sure if this is a hack conflict or not.  I know it shows up for some sims and not others.  I believe it shows up for sims who are flagged as family, but married couples are set as family, and I seem to remember some having it.  I'll have to pay more attention.  It's kind of like some in-laws can have romantic actions in one direction, but not vice-versa.  Weird.
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 January 22, 08:44:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

rainbow, I did check my hacks and it turned out that there was no conflict *laughs* 

Groom seems to work very oddly, I tested with a married couple and the wife usually had it available after one backrub, yet the husband usually had to do a backrub twice to get it to show up... wonder if it's a bug or feature that makes it work so oddly  Roll Eyes

syberspunk, I love this hack! it works great and I so love seeing my sims apologize to another they have pissed off, without me telling them to  Cheesy
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 January 22, 08:49:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I must chime in and say "me too!"  I just tried this hack tonight, and it seems to work great.  I had a romance sim get caught cheating by one of his lovers, and after he got slapped silly, I was able to get him to go over and apologize. 
Hairfish
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 January 24, 19:31:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This comes at just the right time! I have a male Sim who got caught by his wife, being kissed autonomously by an old Townie girlfriend. The wife having to apologize to her husband made NO SENSE whatsoever. And he's furious at her? For what???

So, this won't fix the furiousness, but at least HE'S the only one who'll have to apologize, now!

(Townie girlfriend must die...)
Swiftgold
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 January 24, 20:52:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This comes at just the right time! I have a male Sim who got caught by his wife, being kissed autonomously by an old Townie girlfriend. The wife having to apologize to her husband made NO SENSE whatsoever. And he's furious at her? For what???

So, this won't fix the furiousness, but at least HE'S the only one who'll have to apologize, now!

(Townie girlfriend must die...)

I've found that the cheater doesn't get furious at the cheatee if you can intercept the slapfest before it starts. *grin* They don't get mad for getting caught, but they do when they're smacked for it.
Hairfish
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 January 24, 21:43:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They apparently work undercover for the government. (and thank you!)
C.S.
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 January 26, 07:49:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Groom seems to work very oddly, I tested with a married couple and the wife usually had it available after one backrub, yet the husband usually had to do a backrub twice to get it to show up... wonder if it's a bug or feature that makes it work so oddly  Roll Eyes

What Rainbow said. I also think it has to do with a sim's hygiene level. 'Groom' only shows up if hygiene is low enough, and grooming boost the hygiene bar a little. That's what I use sometimes for relatives of sims who couldn't use the bathroom to shower.
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 March 05, 15:55:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anyone know if this one is working with OFB?

*loves this one too*
Sandilou
Knuckleheaded Knob

SL Diva or TS2 Drama Queen? Uh...both!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 March 05, 18:26:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here goes... Smiley

happy now :-)
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006 March 05, 19:40:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*is crossing her fingers*
Renatus
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2006 March 06, 09:44:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It seems to be working great in my game! I had some unexpected drama happen - A sim seduced a college student, who ended up being her daughter's boyfriend because I forgot who all she had woohooed. Anyhow, since I don't like playing a bunch of lots they all live together, so of course she autonomously goes up and smooches him in front of her daughter right after they got married. Yikes. Anyhow, the poor boy was autonomously apologizing to his new and very angry wife, and I could choose the option myself.

I then did something stupid and had to replace the neighborhood from a pre-drama, pre-OFB backup. No big loss, the girl looked like she was going to stay furious at him until they were halfway to elder, apology or no - but she was barely grumpy with her mother. Sheesh.

syberspunk
Heretic

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: 2006 March 06, 10:27:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Haha. Interesting story and thanks for the report. It's too bad that the furious code or whatever causes sims to sometimes focus on the "wrong" party. I would think, well realistically, the sim should be furious with the initiator and not the recipient. Well, she could be a little mad at the recipient, but moreso at the initiator, especially when the iniator is so bold as to do it right in front of her face. Tongue

I wonder if that could somehow be fixed by the romancemod? It might be too messy though, and we already know what a tangled web the jealousy code is. Roll Eyes Oh well. I don't even know if this is "fixable" but it would be nice if that were a tad more realistic. I'm surprised that your sim didn't get furious at both parties? Or was she, but she just happened to seem to be more mad at her spouse?

Ste

RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2006 March 06, 10:42:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hehe, maybe she was thinking, "I expect this behavior from my mother, but you!  You're my husband!  I expected better from you!"  Cheesy
Renatus
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2006 March 06, 11:44:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hehe, maybe she was thinking, "I expect this behavior from my mother, but you!  You're my husband!  I expected better from you!"  Cheesy

*L* Maybe! When she was a teen, she never seemed very surprised when her mother dragged home yet another man. Unsurprisingly it was her grandparents who mostly took care of her when they were alive.

The girl was furious with her mom, but the relationship didn't take as big of a drop and the furiousness went away in two sim days even though they didn't interact at all. Her furious meter was still more than 2/3 of the way full and even though he had been apologizing like mad and interacting with her, it took 3 sim days to get their daily relationship over 50 and their daily was still in the -30s. It was sad because they both had 'have a baby' wants but the girl wouldn't accept so much as a wolf whistle from her husband - and had a persistant fear of catching him cheating afterwards.

Oddly, the mom's boyfriend (who also lives there) was also really pissed at the daughter's husband but barely mad at his girlfriend - their relationship recovered so fast that they could woohoo that evening, despite furiousness, and he's a family sim!

But then I did something monumentally stupid and had to restore a backup! It's all for the best, really, the drama is interesting to write about but it was a pain in the ass to play afterwards. After I restored, I used testing cheats to drag the boy's relationship with her mother down and then had him argue with her - after I crossed a few attempts to flirt with him out of her queue, damn woman. Boing! No more crush.  Grin I may have to change her to Cheese for punishment, I made her family and she's worse than she ever was as romance, with the added bonus *groan* of having three lightning bolts for her daughter's husband. At least he is more interested than his wife than his wife's mom, lightning bolts or no.  Roll Eyes

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: