More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 16, 11:13:19

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6518 Members
Latest Member: Willaemann
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Monitor Screen Has Gone All Green
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Monitor Screen Has Gone All Green  (Read 18708 times)
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
Re: Monitor Screen Has Gone All Green
« Reply #25 on: 2005 December 20, 02:50:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

First I have to persuade my GP that my arthritis is real and not the general aches and pains associated with underactive thyroid (which if the substitute synthetic thyroxin used in the UK was any good you wouldn't get!) - even though the hospital x-rayed my neck to find out why my little finger was numb and bent inwards, and found I had arthritis there.  (They also x-rayed my shoulder and elbow and subsequently found a trapped nerve).

Anti-inflammatories are good for taking the pain away for a while, but they don't stop the joint deterioration, they may slow it down a little, I don't know, but unless they can reverse the damage, I just have to live with it.

Zephyr Zodiac
Zeljka
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2005 December 20, 08:57:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Considering you submitted a picture that looks green to you and fine to us, I would think it has to be your monitor.

I had a monitor blow a 'tube' and everything turned lime green, (no red = green screen?)
Mine was still under warranty, so I have no idea what it cost to fix (it was fixed, not replaced) but if it helps, that same monitor still works 9 years later with no further repairs

I think of LCD the same way I think of laptops, possibly more convenient, but not my preference. For $50Can, I got a refurbished 19" real monitor (½ the size of my car and about the same weight) at the same computer shop I got my tower.

I have to admit I do use my computer as surface area as well, my apartment is far too small for single function items.

Remember first that the greatest inequality is to treat unequal things equally
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2005 December 20, 09:00:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When you all put stuff on top of your monitor, just be sure not to block the vents in the back.  These vents are what keep your monitor from getting too hot.  Blocking these vents is very bad...it could cause a fire.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2005 December 20, 11:50:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The good stuff needs to be kept refrigerated and has a very short shelf life.
Not if you store it with the liquid nitrogen, it doesn't.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
speedreader
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2005 December 20, 12:35:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I recently had to replace my monitor when the display began widening itself until the start key could no longer be seen or accessed by mouse.  I was going to go purchase a new CRT (for less than $100) and mentioned it to a friend.  She just happened to have a spare monitor hanging around the house and I got it for free.  Interestingly, I gave a spare monitor away a few months ago myself.

The long story short is: ask around.  Maybe someone you know has a monitor they don't want and would love to get out of their house!
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2005 December 20, 14:45:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Failing that, some local radio stations do swap shops, so if you have something you don't want, you could try swapping it for a monitor.

Zephyr Zodiac
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2005 December 20, 19:37:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My ex picked up three 17-inch monitors from work when they upgraded their PCs, and there wasn't really anything wrong with them.  He used one for his workbench, when people gave him PCs to work on, he just hooked them up to it and a spare mouse and keyboard.  I think we gave the other one away, and the third one he used when his monitor went out.
Pegasys
Horrible Halfwit

I'm just going to Gussy Up

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: 2005 December 20, 20:42:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I love my 17-inch flat screen LCD monitor but it's not so great now that my young (autistic) son has found that scratching it is a neat way to make pictures  Angry I'm tempted to go back to CRT just to have a more impervious glass surface. What with the scratches on the screen, uncorrected astigmatism, eye floaters, and general late-night bleariness, it's a wonder I can see anything on this screen at all.    Tongue

Check out my Sims 2 movies!

OFB version of Sims2DB now available. The database for OCD simmers like me.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2005 December 20, 22:24:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is it possible to get a new screen and then put some kind of lockable guard over it when you aren't using it?  Maybe something made from a hard clear plastic that you wouldn't need to remove if you just wanted to log on for a few minutes?

Zephyr Zodiac
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: