More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 07:26:10

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS4: The Pee-ening
| |-+  Insert Amusing Name Here
| | |-+  Sims 4 Annoyance & Problem Thread.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Sims 4 Annoyance & Problem Thread.  (Read 118665 times)
Daphoenyx
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Re: Sims 4 Annoyance & Problem Thread.
« Reply #75 on: 2014 September 11, 15:42:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only problem I'm having so far is no family trees  Cry . And the fact that family relationships are restricted to "basics": mother, son, wife, grandfather... No step-family at all, and once someone is gone in the afterlife... He's gone forever, no reminder of him whether it be in a cemetery or a family tree.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 2014 September 12, 14:07:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dead sims do stay in the relationship panel of other sims who knew them with their portrait greyed out and listed as deceased, but yeah it's not much.

I had my first crash last night. Lost several hours of play and then I realized the autosave feature is utter useless shit.

Oh well, I guess I get to play alternate reality what if.  Tongue At least I can throw that one sim a damned birthday party so he can stop moping endelessly about not getting one.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
moondance
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 2014 September 12, 19:23:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The autosave "feature" is worse than utter useless shit. It's evil. Use "save as," and often.
Piffle
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 2014 September 13, 15:39:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't mind the unlockable buy mode items and outfits as they encourage me to actually experience all of the game instead of making my same hippie garden/writer sim over and over, but why on earth are they only unlocked per household instead of globally?

First they came for the Wal-Marts, and I said nothing because I was not tacky...
Jaxie
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 2014 September 13, 16:42:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My main annoyance is my one of my sims having some sort of drinking problem and constantly making drinks. If I get rid of the bar so she can't, she just gets drinks out of the fridge instead and then gets all annoyed that those drinks suck.

I also really hate the faff of splitting households. I miss the "Kick out" option so, so much.

I agree about the lack of family trees sucking too, I always liked being able to see extended family.
clem
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 2014 September 14, 03:46:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Got another one that looks like a bug. My babies will stay green, not crying, and I get a nastygram, such as, "X is very hungry! If you don't feed her soon, this baby will be taken away!" It doesn't happen all the time, and I haven't really found anything that triggers it yet.
Jaxie
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 2014 September 14, 19:07:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This weight gain thing is so bad that even death has gained weight.

The grim reaper has just turned up, and he's getting wider. I don't even understand how death could gain weight. But he has, so there you go!
Leeahna
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 2014 September 15, 12:15:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All dem souls just collect around his waist area, obviously!
Budgie
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 2014 September 15, 14:31:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anyone else having an issue with time speed? I'm not sure if this is a bug or if it's something I'm doing wrong but sometimes the time speed doesn't go to the fastest setting (where the minutes blur) when there are no sims on my lot. It's annoying because I have to sit and look at an empty house for five minutes until my sim returns from work, and hitting the 'ultra speed' button doesn't do anything to fix it.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 2014 September 15, 15:04:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

• Having trouble with conversation dialog (the box at the top with the sim's name and relationship bar) sticking around long after the conversation is over and the other sim is gone from the lot.
  • Birthday celebrations sometimes sticking in queue. They aren't still trying to celebrate and are doing other queued actions, but the celebration action is still in the queue and can't be cancelled.
In both cases, these are fixed by taking at least one sim off-lot.

Collision control is buggy. Generally routing is better, but I'll still have situations where sims will be right next to each other with nothing around on a flat surface and actions will drop because they show they can't get to each other. Also, sims clipping through things is still an issue (you would think by the fourth game they could fix this but this is EA) including the normal hands through clothing but yesterday I had a sim blowing out the birthday cake who ended up halfway through the kitchen counter.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
michelou
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 2014 September 15, 19:41:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, a little OT, but as to clipping, I play many games from many different companies and quite frankly most of them have clipping. So, while EA might be evil, in this case clipping seems to be an industry standard. Examples would be all of the Fable games, Assassins' Creed Black Flag (the rest too, but that is most recent), all of the Mass Effects (oops, still EA), GTA, etc. Basically, anything that lets you change clothes. 
Viscountess
Gelina
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 2014 September 15, 21:56:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anyone else having an issue with time speed? I'm not sure if this is a bug or if it's something I'm doing wrong but sometimes the time speed doesn't go to the fastest setting (where the minutes blur) when there are no sims on my lot. It's annoying because I have to sit and look at an empty house for five minutes until my sim returns from work, and hitting the 'ultra speed' button doesn't do anything to fix it.

I have been getting this a lot lately.
Araenna
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 2014 September 15, 22:04:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have been getting this a lot lately.

I think sometimes the game thinks there's someone on your lot when there isn't? I've tried to invite people over only to be told they're on my lot, when they're nowhere to be found. Try going to the slowest speed for like, a ten count, then to the fastest a few times, that might help? It also just might be coincidence though.
MasterDinadan
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 2014 September 16, 04:04:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But it would be nice if there was a way to just unset a played household so you can keep them in the same house.

From the Manage Households window, click on a playable household, and there should be a stupid little plumbob in the bottom left.
Clicking on it makes the house unplayable.
No clue why they didn't put it with the other buttons along the bottom.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 2014 September 17, 02:27:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I started getting momentary freezes every so often and went to look it up thinking maybe it was the autosave. Apparently, it's playing the game in online mode on Origin (so you arred guys will probably not notice it)

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/12684965#Comment_12684965

It set it to offline mode and sure enough they went away.

Theoretically there's no reason the game should be phoning home constantly unless you are browsing the gallery. There's really no built in connectivity features in the game itself outside of the gallery to browse for downloads.

rilla
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: 2014 September 17, 02:46:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

anyone else find it's difficult to rack up aspiration points or reward points or whatever they are called? it isn't ike ts3 where you are constantly ticking them away just by having sims in the game...you have to complete whims to get points and that is the only way. and i can't get them knocked up!
MistyBlue
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 2014 September 17, 13:17:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I started getting momentary freezes every so often and went to look it up thinking maybe it was the autosave. Apparently, it's playing the game in online mode on Origin (so you arred guys will probably not notice it)

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/12684965#Comment_12684965

It set it to offline mode and sure enough they went away.

Theoretically there's no reason the game should be phoning home constantly unless you are browsing the gallery. There's really no built in connectivity features in the game itself outside of the gallery to browse for downloads.

It phones home every few minutes to give you hundreds of notification spam about what other people are uploading and favoriting. It does it even if you turn off notifications. So playing in Offline mode is recommended and only go online for putzing around in the gallery, then turn it off again. Those stutters are annoying.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 2014 September 17, 17:30:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It phones home every few minutes to give you hundreds of notification spam about what other people are uploading and favoriting. It does it even if you turn off notifications. So playing in Offline mode is recommended and only go online for putzing around in the gallery, then turn it off again. Those stutters are annoying.

That's ridiculous. I don't mind some of that while I am browsing the gallery for content but I don't need or want it while I am playing the game.

Speaking of the gallery I like the idea of it but the implementation is slow as molasses in January going uphill and it's not my computer. The game itself runs fine even on all the high settings so there's no reason what amounts to basically a built in web browser should be that damned slow. It makes me wish we just had a true web version of it because it's got to run better than the in game one.

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 2014 September 18, 21:50:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Last night, sim teen mopped up a puddle. Mop was stuck to hand after interaction. She showered with it. She read with it. She fished with it. Going to another lot (via the magic loading screen) removed it.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 2014 September 18, 22:06:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mine do that all the time with forks and paint brushes.

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 2014 September 20, 02:03:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This shouldn't be possible. It's also kind of creepy.

MistyBlue
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: 2014 September 20, 02:13:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I adopted a child and he had the romantic woohoo the town aspiration. I'm almost certain kid aspirations are mediocre. Too bad the little guy can't do anything about it right now. LOL

--I always have flirty children. At this point, I think it's a feature.
Leeahna
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: 2014 September 20, 14:22:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In sims 2 and 3 the relationships were ordered in such a fashion that it was easy to see who was better friends with my sims, not only did they remove the numeric value of this they also just tossed all aquantances in there randomly.., would be nice to be able to sort who of the aquantances is more towards being a friend than another at first glance.
Painkiller
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: 2014 September 20, 22:51:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That and also having numerical values when you hover the cursor on the relationships bars.
Lodax
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: 2014 September 21, 02:59:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would kill for door locks... that would solve half my peeves.

Guests just do whatever they want in your house, anywhere they want.
They'll go in your daughters room and troll forums from her computer while she is sleeping.. creepy
they'll eat all your leftovers in the fridge right in front of your face while you are cooking a delicious meal.
They will leave a huge stinker in your master bathroom AND break the faucet.... while there is a perfectly well decorated and conveniently located guest bathroom.
AND.. AND..  nobody barbeques their worthless babies anymore  Sad
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: