More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 16, 18:31:14

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Installation Failed
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Installation Failed  (Read 21192 times)
Patisfat
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Installation Failed
« on: 2011 September 09, 20:50:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So a few items i've tried to load to my game (okay a lot) all including:
Simpoint bundles (all of them!), Back 2 Skool, Byron Desk, Hidden Springs (want badly!), Luxury Resort Attire, Star Powered Mirror, Fairy Statue (??), Goth Book O'Spells, and the Warbling Windchimes.

Now they all show up in my Downloads area of the Sims 3 Launcher, but when I click any of them to install it says:
"Installation Failed: Please make sure your game has the latest Software Updates and try again. Done!"

Now, I know my game is totally up to date, so what's the problem?

Also though, when I go to Game Updates it says "Unable to Connect to the EA Download Manager"

What's going on? I want these packages installed!
Jeebus
Nitwitted Nuisance

MATY's Lord and Savior

View Profile
Re: Installation Failed
« Reply #1 on: 2011 September 09, 21:00:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As for the "Unable to connect to the EA Download Manager" message, I would assume that's because you weren't idiotic enough to install that piece of EAxian crap.

"Terminate the erroneous data" is an awesome euphemism for an abortion.
Patisfat
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2011 September 09, 21:03:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just searched that and the only thread I got was my own...
Jeebus
Nitwitted Nuisance

MATY's Lord and Savior

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2011 September 09, 21:18:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just searched that and the only thread I got was my own...
Then you fail at searching,  Try again.

Patisfat
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2011 September 09, 21:21:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would LOVE some real help.
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2011 September 09, 21:25:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That IS real help.  The answers are on the site; you just have to look for them.  Nobody wants to keep answering the same questions over and over.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Patisfat
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2011 September 09, 21:26:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes but see, the problem is i'm having trouble finding them. I'd more than appreciate a link to find my answers even, to where THESE questions have already been answered.
Jeebus
Nitwitted Nuisance

MATY's Lord and Savior

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2011 September 09, 21:28:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes but see, the problem is i'm having trouble finding them.
Again, that means you fail at searching.  I searched, and I got the answer on the fourth result (not that I didn't already know the answer).

Patisfat
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2011 September 09, 21:30:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And what are you searching? Cause anything i'm searching isn't giving me answers.
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2011 September 09, 23:19:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And what are you searching? Cause anything i'm searching isn't giving me answers.

If only we had specific threads for store item related stuff.

Cupcakes Taste Like Violence,KT_StoreFix

It's like a bowl of oranges, only one orange, is an orange of DOOM!
Patisfat
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2011 September 09, 23:26:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you're properly reading, you'd learn that the issue here isn't to do with store related "stuff" but more for the fact that they can't install, and it won't let me update my game and keeps giving me error messages.
Jeebus
Nitwitted Nuisance

MATY's Lord and Savior

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2011 September 09, 23:29:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you're properly reading, you'd learn that the issue here isn't to do with store related "stuff" but more for the fact that they can't install, and it won't let me update my game and keeps giving me error messages.
You're trying to patch using the launcher?  Are you a complete moron?  Or are there parts missing?

kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2011 September 09, 23:34:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You are a dense one aren't you? It's not that they can't install, it's that they won't because you most likely forgot to do something first. As far as the updates go, what Jeebus said.

Patisfat
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2011 September 09, 23:48:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been downloading for ages, and i'm not doing anything differently.
Skadi
Mushroom Girl
Senator

Spiderkiller

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: 2011 September 10, 02:12:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been downloading for ages, and i'm not doing anything differently.
STFU already. You've been given help, you've been told where to find it.

Edit:
This has just made me S4B. You ask the same fucking question that has been answered and explained over and over. You fail so hard you can't even search for it, but someone points you towards the section with the answers anyway.
Then you bitch that we're having comprehension issues?

All the fucking content you are trying to install came from the STORE. That makes it STORE RELATED. HELP IS IN THE THREADS MENTIONED EARLIER. HINT: IT MIGHT NOT BE YOUR PATCH LEVEL AFTER ALL.
BUT IF YOU WANT HELP PATCHING SEARCH FOR THAT TOO, SINCE IT HAS BEEN COVERED MORE TIMES THAN MADONNA.

The worst part is shitty threads like this make it harder for normal users to search for answers.
« Last Edit: 2011 September 10, 02:32:51 by Skadi » Logged

Jeebus
Nitwitted Nuisance

MATY's Lord and Savior

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2011 September 10, 02:52:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was being NICE to the little noob.  Stupid idiots never realize when they're being given help.

Patisfat
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2011 September 10, 03:26:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for all your help guys!  Roll Eyes

Found out to use Compressorizor Redux, worked like a charm.
Jeebus
Nitwitted Nuisance

MATY's Lord and Savior

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2011 September 10, 03:30:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for all your help guys!  Roll Eyes

Found out to use Compressorizor Redux, worked like a charm.
See?  I told you I was being helpful.

Patisfat
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2011 September 10, 03:40:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually you kinda were, i'm not a noob it was just hard to find the correct thread, and then to find the correct way because I found someone talking about .bat files, which didn't work for me.

None the less, i'm not an asshole and I know you had the right intentions, sorry for coming off ignorant. Thank you.
ishy
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2012 September 02, 23:29:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't care if I'm a year late but I have to say that I find this thread appalling. Everyone that helped the poster of this thread has been nothing but rude. Whether you're staff or not I see no EXCUSE for how you all have treated this person. No one has any right to call someone a name, or several in this case, just because they are having some trouble, whether your intentions were to help them or not. If someone doesn't understand your help or instructions right away the humane thing to do is to help them through it step by step, or if you can't help them direct them to someone who can. IN A POLITE AND PROFESSIONAL MANNER! Rather than bash them like childish middle school children. Maybe they are not as experienced with computers or the bullshit the sims games give us, there's nothing wrong with that. I find the members of this site extremely unprofessional and it saddens me that someone had to deal with your asshole behaviors. Since it has been a year I hope that you all are better than this by now, but if not then I suggest not attempting to help anyone out until you fix your attitude. I would rather not be helped at all than to be confronted in such a manner. I personally don't care if you respond to my post or delete my account because I feel that people need to be aware of how they may be treated when asking for help on this site. I can imagine if you asked for help and were talked to in such a manner you wouldn't be too pleased, so its only right not to treat others that way. Whether my post helps any or not I feel that my response is necessary in this case and I hope that there are not other threads just like this. I found this site on google and this was the first thread that popped up. I say that is not good for business. I surely hope not all staff and members are like this because it would be a terrible shame. For all of you involved in this thread besides the thread poster, and in any thread like this, I strongly suggest keeping your smartass attitude to yourself because acting in the manner that you did shows just how childish and immature you are. Thank you kindly.
« Last Edit: 2012 September 02, 23:48:43 by ishy » Logged
Starwind
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2012 September 02, 23:50:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't care if I'm a year late but I have to say that I find this thread appalling. Everyone that helped the poster of this thread has been nothing but rude. Whether you're staff or not I see no EXCUSE for how you all have treated this person. No one has any right to call someone a name, or several in this case, just because they are having some trouble, whether your intentions were to help them or not. If someone doesn't understand your help or instructions right away the humane thing to do is to help them through it step by step, or if you can't help them direct them to someone who can. IN A POLITE AND PROFESSIONAL MANNER! Maybe they are not as experienced with computers or the bullshit the sims games give us, there's nothing wrong with that. I find the members of this site extremely unprofessional and it saddens me that someone had to deal with your asshole behaviors. Since it has been a year I hope that you all are better than this by now, but if not then I suggest not attempting to help anyone out until you fix your attitude. I would rather not be helped at all than to be confronted in such a manner. I personally don't care if you respond to my post or delete my account because I feel that people need to be aware of how they may be treated when asking for help on this site. I can imagine if you asked for help and were talked to in such a manner you wouldn't be too pleased, so its only right not to treat others that way. Whether my post helps any or not I feel that my response is necessary in this case and I hope that there are not other threads just like this. I found this site on google and this was the first thread that popped up. I say that is not good for business. I surely hope not all staff and members are like this because it would be a terrible shame. For all of you involved in this thread besides the thread poster, and in any thread like this, I strongly suggest keeping your smartass attitude to yourself because acting in the manner that you did shows just how childish and immature you are. Thank you kindly.

So what are you, Troll or Sock, cause no newb is going to be that long winded.
RebelRed
The Evil Psycho
Feckless Fool

No fucks given

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2012 September 02, 23:56:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Bwahahaha!  Yeah we need to act professional!  Oh my God you crack me up!!

meh.
HomeschooledByTards
Senator

warm n jiggly

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2012 September 03, 00:10:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OH LOL!

Yeah, yeah. Heard it all before. You aren't the first tard to come in and lecture us. I doubt you'll be the last either.

Go away. We like our reputation and really it doesn't seem to hurt our popularity, so why should we change?

[19:30] <sooze> YAY BFFs
[19:30] <sooze> Bestest Foes Forever
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2012 September 03, 01:31:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

...If someone doesn't understand your help or instructions right away the humane thing to do is to help them through it step by step...

I'm pretty sure the "humane" thing to do would be to put them down, like a horse with a broken leg.

jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2012 September 03, 12:49:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Bwahahaha!  Yeah we need to act professional!  Oh my God you crack me up!!

In our jobs as Professional Forum Dwellers, no less.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: