More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 16, 06:08:15

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6518 Members
Latest Member: Willaemann
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Advertising this website
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Advertising this website  (Read 14738 times)
Baroness
cwieberdink
Retarded Reprobate

Dark and evil penguins!

View Profile
Re: Advertising this website
« Reply #25 on: 2005 August 01, 13:49:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have read all of Kathy Reiches stuff too and enjoy it for the very same reason that you stated.

She's got a new one coming out....  Smiley  It's called Cross Bones I think.

Chris

Darkerdink -- aide to Dark_Trepie.  Now with moar dark!
Sandilou
Knuckleheaded Knob

SL Diva or TS2 Drama Queen? Uh...both!

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2005 August 01, 15:38:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Almost forgot!
Wow. Talk about a sharp turn into both off-topic and incomprehensible. I have no idea what you people are going on about.

My advertisement:

Tired of waiting for Tim LeTourneaus's Promised Patch? Want a smoother running game that works properly? Visit http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/

Is that okay, El Presidente?

happy now :-)
ElviraGoth
Knuckleheaded Knob

Just another shitty day in paradise

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2005 August 28, 18:49:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Isaac Asimov is the undisputed master of science fiction, but I must admit that I still enjoy reading "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy". What's more I've had a copy since I was young(er) and my daughter recently found it, read it, and enjoyed just as much as I still do.

G.

I know this is an old thread, but I was searching for something else and the word I was looking for showed up in this thread!

I got hooked on "Hitchhiker's" when the series ran on public tv back in the early 80's.  Bought the book in hardback right away.  Later on got the leather bound gilded edge copy of the 4 book "trilogy" for Christmas.  I'm a hitchhikers addict.  My 3 kids are all grown now and they all can quote certain lines from it, and all know what a "pan-galactic gargle blaster" is, know to never forget your towel, and understand my love of dolphins.  They still have a hard time with the proper pronunciation of "Zaphod", though, even though I bought the series on VHS!

Someday, we'll all meet at the Restaurant at the End of the Universe.

Werewolf?<br />There! There wolf!  There castle!
Danni
Corpulent Cretin

INTJ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: 2005 August 28, 19:19:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm going to sound like a sad geek here, but nevermind Tongue

I got hooked on "Hitchhiker's" when I was little, and someone bought me the first in the trilogy. I then proceeded to badger everyone I could think of to get me all five books in the trilogy. I carried my towel with me last Towel Day (I'm pretty sure it was May 21st), and want to get the DVD, though nothing could live up to those books.

I'm also a huge trekkie (heh, my startrek email address is sevenofnine@startrekvoyager.com) and help moderate a Star Trek forum... that used to be full of intelligent people, but now the average age seems to be about 14 and even some of the so called adults can't type correctly. Most of the original members, the mods and admins are ok though, and we tend to now talk on messengers rather than in the forum.

I just love the last message from God to his people... Tongue

I like to be able to read people's posts.
Kristalrose
Feckless Fool

I'll do anything for my kids!

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2005 August 29, 21:09:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm also a huge trekkie (heh, my startrek email address is sevenofnine@startrekvoyager.com) and help moderate a Star Trek forum... that used to be full of intelligent people, but now the average age seems to be about 14 and even some of the so called adults can't type correctly. Most of the original members, the mods and admins are ok though, and we tend to now talk on messengers rather than in the forum.

hehe  Hi Annika!  Wink  Voyager and TNG are the only two Treks I really like. 
I tried to get into Enterprise because I absolutely love Scott Bakula (I call my son "Al" after Al on "Quantum Leap".  Sad, Sad, Sad.)  Except for him and Trip, there wasn't much on Enterprise for me to get into.  It didn't have much of a plot-line, even though the premise was very interesting.  I guess, in a way, I feel the same way about that one as Sani Lion feels about The Matrix and Keanu.  Wink  (Which, BTW, I agree with that opinion, as well.)  Anyway, I'm sorry the Trek Boards are going downhill. 
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: