More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 10:16:25

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  Pudding Factory
| | |-+  Slave Bots
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Slave Bots  (Read 43344 times)
Simius
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
Slave Bots
« on: 2010 July 28, 06:54:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This Mod was created before Late Night came out.  I haven't tested it, but I did look at some of the code in late night and this mod will conflict with how Butlers work.  I'm sure it will fuck up other things as well.  Do not use this mod with late night.  The scrapchargewaste mod probably still works, but who knows.  Anyway, this mod is dead in the water for now.  I may make a new late night version for it, but then again it was kind of a pain to find all the files that needed to be modified to get this to work so I might not.  If you want to do so go  ahead, you can even take full credit for it if you want to upload it here or elsewhere.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/2lmhysjwrea0jcc/Slavebots.rar Original Version

-----------------------

http://www.mediafire.com/file/7rxk6az1z1ppl84/Simius_Slavebots.package
New Version, now with gardening

http://www.mediafire.com/file/6knn3c9w9bhblc1/Simius_Slavebots.package New Version, fixed bug where SlaveBots wouldn't autonomously repair stuff.

This is a mod to turn Simbots into Slavebots.  They now compulsively clean any dishes on the lot/clean counters/do the laundry and whatever else maids do when they are on the job.  They also compulsively fix any broken appliances/bots just like the repairman does when he is on the job.  (Basically, they do anything a maid or repairman does just like they were a maid or repairman).  This mod also makes it so that sims will put away leftovers that are sitting out so they don't spoil.  They also autonomously water, weed, harvest and revive your plants as well as disposing dead plants.

------------------------
http://www.mediafire.com/file/66gycrdz63sayci/Simius_ScrapChargeWaste.Package

The second file in this mod makes it so that when a simbot eats scrap it fully recharges not only their hunger but its energy and bladder as well.  I made this one because I don't think robots should sleep in a bed or pee in a toilette.  That is just creepy.
-------------------------
http://www.mediafire.com/file/hs4ws1ljddr7ivx/Simius_ScrapChargeWaste.Package

This is another version of the scrap eating mod.  It will not fully recharge the simbot's hunger level.  Instead it will add 50 points.  (From a range of -100 = starving to 100 =full).  So he'll eat about once about every 4.5 hours.  This version still fully recharges the simbot's energy and bladder.  I did this so that there would be a little bit of a drawback from not having to sleep or pee.  But mostly I didn't want my simbots to use the bathroom just because their bladder got full and they weren't hungry yet or decide to sleep because they got tired and weren't hungry.  (I had a sim do that once, although every other time they ate scrap to satisfy their bladder/energy needs... but still, I didn't want to risk it.)

-------------------------
http://www.mediafire.com/file/lsuv3l36ra8jjgc/Simius_SlaveBotTinkeringAddon.Package

This gives the Slavebots the ability to autonomously tinker with objects to upgrade them.  There is no sanity check so they will autonomously change the upgrades on objects.  For example, they will tinker on an object and make it unbreakable.  Then later they might come back and tinker again making it self-cleaning again.  I made the call to tinker much less strong than the calls to do maid work and whatnot so they are much less likely to do it and more likely to do other things like read books or clean the lot if it is dirty.

This addon does NOT make it so they will garden or do maid work or repair objects.  If you want them to tinker AND do maid work/garden/do repairman work then you will have to install both this mod and the slavebot mod.

This mod does not require the Slavebot mod to work, but without it they will just autonomously tinker and won't be compelled to do maid work, repairman work or garden.

------------------------

So if you install both the Slavebot mod and a ScrapChargeWaste mod then Simbots will tirelessly clean the house, do the gardening and repair shit that breaks and they won't sleep in your beds or use your bathroom anymore.  If you also install the SlavebotTinkeringAddon mod then they will also tinker random objects.
« Last Edit: 2010 November 01, 14:25:44 by Simius » Logged
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
Re: Slave Bots
« Reply #1 on: 2010 July 28, 16:29:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

omg awesome

Can you make them garden? There's no gardener to copy behavior off of, but maybe you could borrow from Supreme Commander.

Hordes of gardening robots is...just so necessary ;-;
Simius
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010 July 28, 18:09:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

omg awesome

Can you make them garden? There's no gardener to copy behavior off of, but maybe you could borrow from Supreme Commander.

Hordes of gardening robots is...just so necessary ;-;
Added Gardening.  Although I don't have much of a garden so it isn't heavily tested yet.  Maybe you could be my beta-tester-guy. (I had to make gardening autonomous, so as a side effect green thumb sims should automatically garden as well when idle)

ETA: Added a new version of the scrap eating mod which will cause them to eat scrap more often.  Also I've tested the gardening and it works just fine.

If I do another version I will make them autonomously tinker with sprinklers so they become auto-watering.

ETA: Added another optional mod that allows Slavebots to autonomously tinker random objects.  I made it optional as they will tinker with objects regardless of whether they have already been upgraded or not. (Of course if there is only 1 possible upgrade they won't tinker with the object again. For example if a sprinkler is already upgraded they won't tinker with it anymore.)
« Last Edit: 2010 July 29, 02:01:59 by Simius » Logged
Indra
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010 July 29, 09:09:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is awesome! Thank you sooo much!
Tansi
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010 July 29, 12:47:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is it possible to apply this only to certain simbots, or does it have to be all of them? Smiley
Simius
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010 July 29, 13:46:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is it possible to apply this only to certain simbots, or does it have to be all of them? Smiley
It is beyond my ability since I'd have to add a new trait which would require more a scripting mod or maybe a core mod.  Although I might be able to piggyback on AM and use one of the traits he added but isn't using yet to trigger being a slave.  The problem with that, of course, is even if I get it to work there will be unintended consequences if he ever decides to use the trait in his own mod.  (For example, there is an unused 'racist' trait that Pescado added.  So I might be able use that, but if he ever makes sims racist then regular sims with that trait would act like slavebots as well and slavebots would hate non-simbots.

I'll play around with it, but it will probably not work as intended at some point in the future. (Plus you'd have to have AM in your game for it to work)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2010 July 29, 14:11:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It is beyond my ability since I'd have to add a new trait which would require more a scripting mod or maybe a core mod.  Although I might be able to piggyback on AM and use one of the traits he added but isn't using yet to trigger being a slave.
AwesomeMod includes a plugin functionality to allow third-party creators to define their own traits, which would function in-game just as regular trait, so don't do that. Custom moodlets may also be defined by a similar functionality.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Simius
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2010 July 29, 14:15:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It is beyond my ability since I'd have to add a new trait which would require more a scripting mod or maybe a core mod.  Although I might be able to piggyback on AM and use one of the traits he added but isn't using yet to trigger being a slave.
AwesomeMod includes a plugin functionality to allow third-party creators to define their own traits, which would function in-game just as regular trait, so don't do that. Custom moodlets may also be defined by a similar functionality.
Wow.  I can't believe you thought of that.

How would I go about defining my own trait?

ETA: New version of Slavebot mod uploaded.  Fixed a bug where they wouldn't repair some items.
« Last Edit: 2010 July 29, 15:02:58 by Simius » Logged
Tansi
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2010 July 30, 10:07:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for answering Smiley If it can be done, that's great (my husband actually wanted it), if not, don't worry about it! We both appreciate all the hard work done on these mods, and having modded for a different game myself, I know how hard it can be!
wolframnhart
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2010 July 30, 15:53:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks Simius. I can't wait to see how this works in my game.  Grin
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2010 July 30, 18:40:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow.  I can't believe you thought of that.
I thought of it mainly because I use it for myself in the Undiscovered Shiny. I have an Undiscovered Shiny assembly, that loads traits in this manner so that I never have to reveal it to you filthy peasants by having apparently unused traits spliced into the enums. This allows me to keep the REALLY special schticks to myself and not give them to you filthy peasants unless Fat Gwilly People ask me to.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Simius
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2010 July 30, 19:51:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for answering Smiley If it can be done, that's great (my husband actually wanted it), if not, don't worry about it! We both appreciate all the hard work done on these mods, and having modded for a different game myself, I know how hard it can be!
I think it is a great idea.  But I've hit a bit of a roadblock so I'll probably leave it alone for the time being and try again in a week with fresh eyes.  So hopefully in a week or two I'll get that version added.  Another thing I'd like to add is for the Slavebots to autonomously serve Autumn Salad at 4 am and then store it in the fridge.  (Since vegetarians will be able to eat that and if you have a garden the slavebot will have lots of high quality veggies to use).  But I think that would require a scripting mod which as of right now is far beyond my abilities.  Maybe in a few months, after Late Night is released, I'll try to learn how to do that.
Indiasong
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2010 August 01, 15:48:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wanted to have the slavebot mod, but it conflicts with the auto repair plumbing and electronics that I have for sims. Pity.
Simius
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2010 August 01, 19:47:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wanted to have the slavebot mod, but it conflicts with the auto repair plumbing and electronics that I have for sims. Pity.
If you edit your resource.cfg file so you have a folder with a lower priority than your other mods then you should be able to use both.  Put the Slavebot mod in the the folder with the lower priority so that your auto-repair plumbing/electronics mod overrides it.  That way the Slavebots will still garden and clean the house, but everyone will repair plumbing and repair electronics (Assuming that's what the mod you are talking about does).

Either that, or you have my full permission to remove the bits of the mod that conflict. You can even go ahead and reupload them wherever and take credit for them.

If that doesn't work let me know.  In which case in a week or so I might make another alternative version of the mod where Slavebots don't do any repairs.
Indiasong
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2010 August 02, 15:13:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Would that be 499 or 501?
Simius
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2010 August 02, 15:24:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Would that be 499 or 501?

This is how I have MY file setup:

Code:
Priority 900
PackedFile Awesome/*.package
PackedFile Awesome/*/*.package
PackedFile Awesome/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Awesome/*/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Awesome/*/*/*/*/*.package

Priority 800
PackedFile Override/*.package
PackedFile Override/*/*.package
PackedFile Override/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Override/*/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Override/*/*/*/*/*.package

Priority 700
DirectoryFiles  Files/... autoupdate
PackedFile Packages/*.package
PackedFile Packages/*/*.package
PackedFile Packages/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Packages/*/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Packages/*/*/*/*/*.package

Priority 600
PackedFile Testing/*.package
PackedFile Testing/*/*.package
PackedFile Testing/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Testing/*/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Testing/*/*/*/*/*.package

AM is in the Awesome folder so it overrides everything.  Twallan's mods are in the Override folder.  The rest of my mods are in the Packages folder.  I don't have any conflicts so it doesn't really matter, but if I did have a conflict and I wanted autorepair.package to override Simius_slavebots.package I'd put Simius_slavebots.package in the Testing folder and leave autorepair.package in the Packages folder.

My system works for me, but you can set your priority numbers up differently. 
Indiasong
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2010 August 02, 16:57:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, 499 then. Thank you.
cwurts
Retarded Reprobate

Oona Klostermann for senate.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: 2010 August 03, 03:33:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What was that?  How do I add traits and moodlets using AwesomeMod?

Join the Oona Klostermann High Society Club
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2010 August 03, 05:04:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Adding moodlets is hard, since you have to create circumstances in which those moodlets will actually occur.

cwurts
Retarded Reprobate

Oona Klostermann for senate.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: 2010 August 03, 12:03:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But I'm not aware of this "plugin" you're referring to?

Join the Oona Klostermann High Society Club
Tangie
Exasperating Eyesore

INFJ

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2010 August 03, 23:03:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Check the AwesomeMod / Requests thread, I think it was discussed over there a day or two ago.
Dr.Dreadful
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2010 August 09, 03:15:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you were to make the slave actions a trait, It could be useful for more than just Simbots.

And if the trait thing is too hard, there was an item for TS2 that went in the Sim's personal inventory that would adjust his behaviors. I know that the coding for TS2 and TS3 are very different, but it might be worth looking at.

Feel free to verbally abuse me if I make a mistake.
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: 2010 August 09, 04:44:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you were to make the slave actions a trait, It could be useful for more than just Simbots.

Are you by any chance a detective?
Dr.Dreadful
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2010 August 09, 20:27:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are you by any chance a detective?

No, I am not. May I ask why you asked?

Feel free to verbally abuse me if I make a mistake.
Bottle-O-Cunt
Blathering Buffoon

More Tryhard Than You.

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2010 August 10, 11:56:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you were to make the slave actions a trait, it could be useful for more than just Simbots.

Are you, by any chance, a detective?

No, I am not. May I ask why you asked?

He's just paranoid you might be onto his revolesive fantasies.

Shouty Vole/Teh Goddess - My OTP <333
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: