More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 19:33:21

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Deleting the Awesome Mod?!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Deleting the Awesome Mod?!  (Read 26690 times)
Drakoni
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Deleting the Awesome Mod?!
« on: 2010 June 01, 19:46:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd like to begin by apologising in case there is already a thread about this but I could not find one that is specifically about what I am asking. I have literally looked at most of the ones that are SIMILAR but none that actually solve my problem. I don't want to reinstall the Awesome Mod, I just want to delete it.

I only installed it because I wanted to be able to edit my Sims after they have been created but I had no idea it would cause this much trouble. I understand that a new patch came out and so it has stopped working on many peoples' computer but when I tried to delete it, nothing changes. I did not even have a chance to try the mod because literaly right after I downloaded it, EA release the new patch so I didn't get a chance to even try it out at all.

I deleted it from both my Documents AND Program Files including the original file I saved it as. However, my game STILL gives me a message just before it plays the intro and then it exits onto my Desktop right after the intro. I don't understand why it is still giving me a message saying that a mod has crashed the game because it does not function when the mod is no longer existant on my computer... Please help me delete/solve this problem  Cry

PS. Please use really simple language because I am NOT a computer person and I don't understand a thing about what some of the threads I have looked at tell you to do.  Undecided
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
Re: Deleting the Awesome Mod?!
« Reply #1 on: 2010 June 01, 20:07:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You're fucked.

You cannot remove awesomemod and continue playing. Your save games are forever altered and cannot be played without using awesomemod.
Drakoni
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010 June 01, 20:10:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You're fucked.

You cannot remove awesomemod and continue playing. Your save games are forever altered and cannot be played without using awesomemod.

So, what if I download awesome mod but disable everything that it does? Will that ruin my game in any way or will it just make the game the same as if you didn't have awesome mod?
Drakoni
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010 June 01, 20:12:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't really mind having the mod as long as it doesn't wreck my game  Undecided
Baron
uknortherner
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010 June 01, 20:18:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Stop double posting. There's a 'modify' button there for a reason.

INTJ (44/12/38/67).
"We're building into all of our games the ability to pay for things along the way, and consumers are enjoying and embracing that way of the business." -EA CFO Blake Jorgensen
sora
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010 June 01, 20:25:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not an expert but if you want to use awesome mod, then just wait couple of days till it gets updated. You can manage without playing that long right?

If you really wanna get rid of it you can try deleting ScriptCache file from (my) documents-> Electronic arts-> Sims 3 folder and see if that clears it. Also make sure you don't have any copy of Awesome mod hiding somewhere, do a good search in Program Files->Electronic arts-> Sims 3 folder and if you have other expansion/stuff packs check their folders too to be sure. You probably will have to start new save file though. :\

Erm, hi I'm new, lurked for years and finally registered, please don't throw rocks at me, those hurt. *hides*
Drakoni
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2010 June 01, 20:32:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not an expert but if you want to use awesome mod, then just wait couple of days till it gets updated. You can manage without playing that long right?

If you really wanna get rid of it you can try deleting ScriptCache file from (my) documents-> Electronic arts-> Sims 3 folder and see if that clears it. Also make sure you don't have any copy of Awesome mod hiding somewhere, do a good search in Program Files->Electronic arts-> Sims 3 folder and if you have other expansion/stuff packs check their folders too to be sure. You probably will have to start new save file though. :\

Erm, hi I'm new, lurked for years and finally registered, please don't throw rocks at me, those hurt. *hides*

Even if I decide to keep it? Why, does it ruin your saved games whenever there is a new patch?
sora
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2010 June 01, 21:19:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try to decide now, do you wanna keep it or delete it?

If you want to keep it then you either 1. don't install new EP and patches till there is new compatible awesome mod available or 2. Install patches/EP and wait till there is compatible Awesome mod. It doesn't "ruin" your saved games but since the mod allows things you normally couldn't do in your game the save data is different than if you had played it without Awesome mod. I'm pretty sure somewhere here it said "once you use awesome mod there is no turning back without exploding your game" or something.

You know what? I suck at explaining. Somebody who knows what they're talking about please do explain :/
Drakoni
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2010 June 01, 21:25:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try to decide now, do you wanna keep it or delete it?

If you want to keep it then you either 1. don't install new EP and patches till there is new compatible awesome mod available or 2. Install patches/EP and wait till there is compatible Awesome mod. It doesn't "ruin" your saved games but since the mod allows things you normally couldn't do in your game the save data is different than if you had played it without Awesome mod. I'm pretty sure somewhere here it said "once you use awesome mod there is no turning back without exploding your game" or something.

You know what? I suck at explaining. Somebody who knows what they're talking about please do explain :/

Thanks for trying  Wink
I'm beginning to think that they should put a warning on the page where you download the Awesome Mod saying:
ONCE YOU DOWNLOAD THIS MOD, IT IS NEAR TO IMPOSSIBLE TO DELETE IT WITHOUT LOSING ALL OF YOUR SAVED GAMES AND DOWNLOADED CONTENT!!!

EDIT: I REALLY can't afford to delete my game because I made an entire new island for a Sims series I made and so there's no way I can replicate all the sims and lots... Also it's Season 2 of the series so I can't exactly just stop making them coz Season 1 kinda left a big clue that there was another series...
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2010 June 01, 23:25:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Awesomemod doesn't affect your other downloaded content (other than mod conflicts if you have more than one core mod installed).  Where would you get the idea that you're going to lose it?
« Last Edit: 2010 June 02, 02:17:41 by jeromycraig » Logged

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Tangie
Exasperating Eyesore

INFJ

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2010 June 02, 02:08:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

See, this is why people who have no clue should NOT be messing with mods. I am in no way a computer expert but next to you I look like a genius.  Roll Eyes

First, why would you even have copies in BOTH My docs and Program files? The AwesomeMod package file, and the aweconfig file, if you use it, go in your Mods directory in either your base game or WA directories. Got that so far? It does not even go in your My Docs folder (although that may change with Ambitions, but that's another topic). Along with this Mod folder which contains your AM file and any other CC package files you have installed goes your framework file. Did you also delete the framework? If you have other custom content that you did not install with the launcher, you have to have that framework file. Deleting it could be causing your crashing.

OTOH, if you HAVE moved the Mods folder to your My docs directory, as EA says to do now, it could be some other custom content that you have installed that is causing your crashing. Or you could still have a copy of it somewhere on your PC and need to do a search and destroy mission. Also definitely do as sora says and delete your cache files in My Documente > Electronic Arts directory.

Finally, did you or did you not start the game with AM and use the features of AM in your game? Depending on which features you used, your game might be just fine even without AM, but sora actually explained it rather well - some of the features of AM will change the game to the extent that it will no longer be playable without it. I could be wrong, but I think this will mostly be affected by the Supreme Commander features, but someone will correct me shortly if I'm wrong.
Drakoni
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2010 June 02, 12:54:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

See, this is why people who have no clue should NOT be messing with mods. I am in no way a computer expert but next to you I look like a genius.  Roll Eyes

First, why would you even have copies in BOTH My docs and Program files? The AwesomeMod package file, and the aweconfig file, if you use it, go in your Mods directory in either your base game or WA directories. Got that so far? It does not even go in your My Docs folder (although that may change with Ambitions, but that's another topic). Along with this Mod folder which contains your AM file and any other CC package files you have installed goes your framework file. Did you also delete the framework? If you have other custom content that you did not install with the launcher, you have to have that framework file. Deleting it could be causing your crashing.

OTOH, if you HAVE moved the Mods folder to your My docs directory, as EA says to do now, it could be some other custom content that you have installed that is causing your crashing. Or you could still have a copy of it somewhere on your PC and need to do a search and destroy mission. Also definitely do as sora says and delete your cache files in My Documente > Electronic Arts directory.

Finally, did you or did you not start the game with AM and use the features of AM in your game? Depending on which features you used, your game might be just fine even without AM, but sora actually explained it rather well - some of the features of AM will change the game to the extent that it will no longer be playable without it. I could be wrong, but I think this will mostly be affected by the Supreme Commander features, but someone will correct me shortly if I'm wrong.

I haven't actually had a chance to even try out ANY of the features of Awesome Mod. EA realeased their new Patch literally RIGHT AFTER I downloaded the Awesome Mod so it immediately said that the mod was out of date but it won't allow me to delete it.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2010 June 02, 18:40:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, that's the new bitch-and-whine screen. It will ALWAYS say that, which is a liecake, even when using the prototype test. I am looking into how to banish that.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Drakoni
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2010 June 02, 19:22:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just found that some of my custom content has disapeared and my game is completely fucked up... it no longer shows the family members on the left side of the screen and my Sims' names have been changed and loads of bugs such as my sim being stuck in a sofa have appeared... is this because I deleted the awesome mod?

If I re-download the piece of shit will it go back to normal?
Tangie
Exasperating Eyesore

INFJ

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2010 June 02, 20:29:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you can't be bothered to answer any of the questions I previoused asked you, I don't know why you still seem to expect that someone can help you.

Did you install the config file when you installed AM? You said that you can't delete AM - how do you know that AM was not deleted?? Did you clear your caches and try running the game after you deleted the file? Because if you deleted the physical file, clearing the caches will clear out AM. If you don't know how to clear caches, search this site for info. My best advice to you at this point, considering that the data you are providing is extremely limited and mostly unhelpful, is to clear your caches and remove ALL OF YOUR CC, every last bit of it (put it on your desktop for now if you don't want to delete it) and try running the game. If it's still borked, see the thread about installing AM  and the framework file and try reinstalling the whole thing (an Ambitons compatible version, of course).
Jeeves
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2010 June 03, 00:41:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, no, no, all wrong. Everyone knows the only real way to remove AwesomeMod is to format your hard drive. And make sure you don't back up anything; you wouldn't want AwesomeMod sneaking in there. It'll do that. That explains the 1D 10T error of multiple instances of AwesomeMod.

Because if all else fails, nuke it from orbit.

Quote from: Asstear
6. Banned me from my own forum
Buzzler
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2010 June 05, 15:45:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, that's the new bitch-and-whine screen. It will ALWAYS say that, which is a liecake, even when using the prototype test. I am looking into how to banish that.
With the patch the script resources got an additional 2 byte key, which stores the version number as it seems. It wouldn't suprise me, if that version number is actually everything that gets checked before the bitching and whining begins.
dominno
Blathering Buffoon

n00b Queen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: 2010 June 07, 01:08:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Listen to Tangie up there. Don't panic, you can fix it. If you didn't use AM at all then you are safe, just delete it already and the cache files too.

LL&P
Holyshitstabfaster
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2010 June 12, 20:42:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't get why you're having issues removing AM; all I did was remove the d3dx9_31.dll file from the game>bin folders of base game and expansions, and the awesome.package + config from the mod folder. Easy as pie. Seeing as I'm too much of a impatient nerdraged sim-addict, I simply couldn't wait for the updated AMB version of AM, so I decided to delete it. No in-game trouble caused by the removal either.

All your base are belong to us.
cubedsteaks
Asinine Airhead

Gaben

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2010 June 17, 01:32:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What if I'm playing a challenge, and I have a limited time period to post my updates? I can go without playing, but I didn't know the AM was going to make me get a new version that I can't find.
If it's in the regular AM download post, then why isn't that post date altered?

Hallie
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2010 June 19, 14:39:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What I am not getting with this, is that you do not seem to have used the awesome mod, so your saved games can not have been altered.

So good news you may not be fucked!

However, one of the mods you had would seem to have been outdated by the patch you will need to go through all your installed items. I had this problem and it turned out to be the Magic skill I downloaded from MTS2 luckily I only had one save where I used that mod. But when I tried loading anything its simple presence in the folders was enough to crash my games
Slymenstra
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2010 June 20, 02:10:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This should be a lesson as well.  ALWAYS back your saved game files before adding ANY NEW content.  That goes for patches, hair, clothing etc.  I always copy my saved games before I update anything.  I also have a copy of my custom content.

If you have updated and are playing along and everything seems fine, DO NOT overwrite your saved games.  Make NEW ones.  You never know if something hidden is going on, so why risk your neighborhood or sims you took so long to make.
Naith
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2010 July 28, 23:01:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ummm I got the same problem except I re-installed my game and I still get the message that Awesome mod is installed. How is that even possible?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2010 July 28, 23:45:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Naith
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2010 July 29, 06:58:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How nice. Why not just answer my question instead of coming with lameass pictures?  Grin
(I've looked through and there is no sign of Awesome mod in there)

Emm actually, whatever.
« Last Edit: 2010 July 29, 07:05:38 by Naith » Logged
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: