More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 18, 18:59:06

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  A Problem with Riverview
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: A Problem with Riverview  (Read 15286 times)
Noenmity
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
A Problem with Riverview
« on: 2010 March 28, 03:04:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've actually had this problem for awhile and have tried to fix it to no avail but when I use the Riverview world file acquired via the pudding factory and install it to C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\GameData\Shared\NonPackaged\Worlds folder it plays ok in game and everything appears to work right for the most part except for this problem.

All the sims in Riverview have names such as this; World/Riverview/Sims:Don World/Riverview/Sims:Lothario.
And all my lots have names such as this: World/Riverview/Lothario World/Riverview/Lothario World/Riverview/TheGranary
This doesn't happen if I install through the launcher but i'm trying not to use the launcher as much as possible.

And also for no apparent reason my lots after awhile turn all blue in Riverview, even the ones i've never played. So I'm not sure what i'm doing wrong or what I'm neglecting to do to resolve the matter. So far, I can't seem to find an answer on the board here that has worked to fix it.

So would anyone know of a fix for this problem?

gysca
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: A Problem with Riverview
« Reply #1 on: 2010 March 28, 06:32:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

hello from a newbie to this forum Smiley

I experienced quite the same problem mentioned in previous post (every single place & people in Riverview is described to the detail plus the file path). and some of the buildings are not showing up (City Hall, Day Spa, Business, Hospital, Science, Military). there's one lot next to the criminal career place, it's named "small warehouse" but the icon is actually one of a community swimming pool. weird!

is it caused by the steps in the thread "insane fix to make riverview working"? I don't install any expansion packs. my base game is from razor1911 and only updated to version 1.3.24 (although I intended to update through the latest, 1.10 if not mistaken?) the only 2 not-made-by-EA things in the directory of my Sims3 is this forum's framework and the noCDpatch I found somewhere via a link somewhere in a thread I read last week (not remember for sure). I run the game on 32bit Vista(sucks) Home Premium on an almost 1 y.o. laptop.

btw, on main menu, my riverview world description is **some long numbers don't remember exactly and won't take note either**. is this normal?

please advise. thank you. and I must say this is a very nice forum. more than enough information for everyone looking to solve something or just trying to fill up the brain Smiley
« Last Edit: 2010 March 28, 07:10:24 by gysca » Logged
Freezerburn
Dimwitted Dunce

I haet F-ly retarded snowflaek

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010 March 28, 10:24:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

btw, on main menu, my riverview world description is **some long numbers don't remember exactly and won't take note either**. is this normal?

Oh yeah, this thing happened to me when I extract Riverview into packages. Why not you give this a try? http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,18310.msg526635.html#msg526635 Look for the edit

ISTJ                       
Imma Ee Ass Elle
Don't Abuse The Search Box!
gysca
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010 March 28, 10:50:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

pussy

in my case decrapify won't take more than 5 files at a time. first I tried all riverview packages, the whole 92MB, the program tells me that something is too short for something data, can't remember exactly. so I put decrapify and s3rc in riverview folder, dragging 3 files to the exe at a time, then 4, then 5. when I tried 6 files at a time the message comes up again. strange. I read your thread so fast that I don't realize that I should have the other file to put the package back together after being "cleaned". huh. no wonder there's nothing improving with my game.  Tongue
Freezerburn
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010 March 28, 12:25:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

pussy

in my case decrapify won't take more than 5 files at a time. first I tried all riverview packages, the whole 92MB, the program tells me that something is too short for something data, can't remember exactly. so I put decrapify and s3rc in riverview folder, dragging 3 files to the exe at a time, then 4, then 5. when I tried 6 files at a time the message comes up again. strange. I read your thread so fast that I don't realize that I should have the other file to put the package back together after being "cleaned". huh. no wonder there's nothing improving with my game.  Tongue

You mean s3pe? You MUST merge thousands of object/hair packages (not mods as they need to be updated regularly) into a single package or your game will be running HELL slow because it needs to load thousands of objects! Btw, you can drag Riverview.sims3pack into decrapify and install it by launcher if you don't like to extract it into packages, it worked like a charm for me!
« Last Edit: 2010 March 28, 14:30:04 by pussy » Logged

ISTJ                       
Imma Ee Ass Elle
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010 March 28, 18:34:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You MUST merge thousands of object/hair packages (not mods as they need to be updated regularly) into a single package or your game will be running HELL slow because it needs to load thousands of objects!
Depends on the system. My system is only middling, but I have over a 1.2 gigs of cc, only 1/3 of it in .dbc, and my game runs like a charm. Since FPS Limiter, that is, since before FPS Limiter it would flit over 100 FPS and then freak out about it.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Noenmity
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2010 March 28, 22:13:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Btw, you can drag Riverview.sims3pack into decrapify and install it by launcher if you don't like to extract it into packages, it worked like a charm for me!

Pardon my noobishness, but what's the point of decrapifying a file if your keeping it as a .sims3pack and not converting it to a package file. Also if once you do decrapify the Riverview file as .sims3pack, do you leave the Riverview sims3pack in my documents folder and would that still show up in the launcher?
Jessnova
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2010 March 29, 04:11:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I decrapified the Riverview sims3pack and then installed via launcher because it just wasn't installing any other way.  It now shows up in game, but all the Riverview Rabbithole locations have garbage names.  It's not going to keep me from playing, but if I was my computer-challenged mom it would seriously bother me.  If I have to do this to her computer as well it would be good to have a workaround/better way/fix for the garbage.

I lurk a lot and get most of my answers that way, but I figured since the subject was open I might as well put my variation in.

edit:  Went back in and it seems that it's not ALL of the Rabbitholes, mainly just the Hospital, Military, Spa and Schools.  I haven't changed anything in Riverview yet, not even placing a family.
***string of numbers***  I seem to remember seeing something about that somewhere, but... my memory isn't so good these days.  I'll look into searching harder tomorrow when I feel like it.  Today's been a long day.

edit2: Ran the Dashboard from MTS, and apparently the Riverview.package included in one of exangel's combined Store Item packages never actually showed up in my games, and thus the newly installed decrapified sims3pack version is in a slight conflict with it - despite being the only way I could get it to show up.  *shrugs*  Meh. 
« Last Edit: 2010 March 29, 05:15:02 by Jessnova » Logged

-tastes like chikin
Freezerburn
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2010 March 29, 10:08:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You MUST merge thousands of object/hair packages (not mods as they need to be updated regularly) into a single package or your game will be running HELL slow because it needs to load thousands of objects!
Depends on the system. My system is only middling, but I have over a 1.2 gigs of cc, only 1/3 of it in .dbc, and my game runs like a charm. Since FPS Limiter, that is, since before FPS Limiter it would flit over 100 FPS and then freak out about it.

I'll search for this. What FPS you're using now? 30?

Btw, you can drag Riverview.sims3pack into decrapify and install it by launcher if you don't like to extract it into packages, it worked like a charm for me!

Pardon my noobishness, but what's the point of decrapifying a file if your keeping it as a .sims3pack and not converting it to a package file. Also if once you do decrapify the Riverview file as .sims3pack, do you leave the Riverview sims3pack in my documents folder and would that still show up in the launcher?
I don't like worlds in package format. Besides, if I convert it to package, the world drop down list will show strings of number for Riverview. Yes, after decrapify Riverview.sims3pack, treat it as a normal sims3pack, just put it in My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads and install by the launcher. TS3 launcher won't install Riverview for me before but after I decrapify it, it installs successfully.

I decrapified the Riverview sims3pack and then installed via launcher because it just wasn't installing any other way.  It now shows up in game, but all the Riverview Rabbithole locations have garbage names.  It's not going to keep me from playing, but if I was my computer-challenged mom it would seriously bother me.  If I have to do this to her computer as well it would be good to have a workaround/better way/fix for the garbage.

I lurk a lot and get most of my answers that way, but I figured since the subject was open I might as well put my variation in.

edit:  Went back in and it seems that it's not ALL of the Rabbitholes, mainly just the Hospital, Military, Spa and Schools.  I haven't changed anything in Riverview yet, not even placing a family.
***string of numbers***  I seem to remember seeing something about that somewhere, but... my memory isn't so good these days.  I'll look into searching harder tomorrow when I feel like it.  Today's been a long day.

edit2: Ran the Dashboard from MTS, and apparently the Riverview.package included in one of exangel's combined Store Item packages never actually showed up in my games, and thus the newly installed decrapified sims3pack version is in a slight conflict with it - despite being the only way I could get it to show up.  *shrugs*  Meh.  

Do you delete that riverview.package? If yes, is the game still showing garbage name for rabbitholes?

« Last Edit: 2010 March 29, 13:04:44 by pussy » Logged

ISTJ                       
Imma Ee Ass Elle
gysca
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2010 March 29, 11:40:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm happy to report that pussy's suggestion of running decrapify on riverview.sims3pack works perfectly. my riverview now looks normal, no /world/riverview/blabla before anything Cheesy yaaayyy.... on top of that, I decrapify all the store packages I got and the game is a lot faster in loading. usually it took about 3-4 times replaying of the main menu theme before I get into the which file to load or new game, now it doesn't even take one full song to get in there. yyaaayyyy again... and it is also much faster to go into the saved game, usually it takes about 5-8 minutes, now it takes about 2 minutes.. maybe less. thank God for whoever think of creating that decrapify program. finally, from my happy report, I finally get the Riverview, toyota prius, fanta fridge, and the nazsa klasza (sp.?) package installed! all thanks to that decrapify! I'll recommend that to everyone I know. now I'm going to go back, messing up Riverview's citizen life, because all the "missing" buildings are back, and their names don't start with /world/riverview/ anymore.... ^_^

thank you google for finding MATY for me, thank you MATY dot com for allowing me to be member, thank you pussy for keep giving this thread very useful tricks to fix riverview, and thank you all who've read, think, and responding to this thread (although it isn't mine), and hail all the creator of decrapify.....
« Last Edit: 2010 March 31, 10:28:24 by gysca » Logged
Freezerburn
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2010 March 29, 13:04:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm happy to report that pussy's suggestion of running decrapify on riverview.sims3pack works perfectly. my riverview now looks normal, no /world/riverview/blabla before anything Cheesy yaaayyy.... on top of that, I decrapify all the store packages I got and the game is a lot faster in loading. usually it took about 3-4 times replaying of the main menu theme before I get into the which file to load or new game, now it doesn't even take one full song to get in there. yyaaayyyy again... and it is also much faster to go into the saved game, usually it takes about 5-8 minutes, now it takes about 2 minutes.. maybe less. thank God for whoever think of creating that decrapify program. finally, from my happy report, I finally get the Riverview, toyota prius, fanta fridge, and the nazsa klasza (sp.?) package installed! all thanks to that decrapify! I'll recommend that to everyone I know. now I'm going to go back, messing up Riverview's citizen life, because all the "missing" buildings are back, and their names don't start with /world/riverview/ anymore.... ^_^

thank you google for finding MATY for me, thank you MATY dot com for allowing me to be member, thank you pussy for keep giving this thread very useful tricks to fix riverview, and thank you all who've read, think, and responding to this thread (although it isn't mine), and hail all the creator of decrapify.....

If you have massive number of object packages (not mods) you can merge it into a single package by s3pe and hopefully, it will cut down more loading time.

ISTJ                       
Imma Ee Ass Elle
Jessnova
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2010 March 29, 18:47:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The problem with files that have been combined into one massive package is that it's a pain to un-combine them and get at one particular file to delete.  (Riverview in this case.)
So no, I haven't done this yet.  I don't have the time right now to mess with it.  I can live with the Garbage until my OCD takes over when I have time to be bored. Tongue

-tastes like chikin
gysca
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2010 March 31, 04:39:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

well, it seems that my happiness at that time were way too early. decrapify the stuff still won't let me what the Toyota Prius looks like in this game and it made some objects that were installed "perfectly" before decrapifying process, were gone. the nazsa klasza thingy are still nowhere to be seen. ugh.

anyway, my 7 y.o. now can play Riverview without anymore "mommmmmyyyyy.... helppppp" scream. saves me a lot of sweat from having to climb up and down the stairs Grin

edit: why EA or Maxis have to name the car PriusV? mislead me to toyota prius and it made me wrote it all over this thread and it was wrong! Angry ...btw, just something I thought of while cycling through the new buy catalog yesterday. why they made objects that's below the "best" in each category? like the car, why don't they made a car comparable to the most expensive (because it's the fastest) but lower the price and make it look different? weird. people want the best, or they force us to be satisfied with the so-so quality? geezzz...

edit 2: forgot to ask, I updated to version 1.7.9 from 1.3.24 (just to try and I want to reinstall that PriusV thing!) but launcher was dead. is that supposed to happen? so I uninstall and reinstall. now with version 1.4. something. hopefully it works.........
« Last Edit: 2010 March 31, 10:36:15 by gysca » Logged
Freezerburn
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2010 March 31, 08:39:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A user told me that I need to decrapify my save as well. I'll look forward for this and post the report. Btw, how about you try to backup all sims3pack in My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads and put it in a folder in desktop. Then uninstall all the "perfectly" installed content by using launcher. Then, decrapify all sims3pack that you put it in the desktop by dragging it into decrapify.exe. After that, copy and paste the decrapified sims3pack to My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads and install it again by launcher. I think once you decrapify some store content, you need to decrapify all of it. Anyway, if you don't mind, please report any progress you made.

ISTJ                       
Imma Ee Ass Elle
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2010 March 31, 11:28:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

why they made objects that's below the "best" in each category? like the car, why don't they made a car comparable to the most expensive (because it's the fastest) but lower the price and make it look different? weird. people want the best, or they force us to be satisfied with the so-so quality? geezzz...
Well, it's unclear why they make worthless crap furniture in most other categories, where the performance-to-price ratios are always increasing, meaning the better item is always the better, more economic purchase, and the worse items are often counterproductive (beds, showers), but cars have a decreasing performance-to-price ratio as you move up, so lower-quality cars are actually a better value for your money. You don't REALLY need it to be THAT fast, especially when it cost 10x as much. And things aren't just lower-priced clones of the "best" because that would be cheating.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: