More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 17:24:33

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Serious error that deleting save and using backup file won't fix?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Serious error that deleting save and using backup file won't fix?  (Read 3665 times)
missreal
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Serious error that deleting save and using backup file won't fix?
« on: 2010 March 07, 19:56:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi. I tried searching for a solution to this problem on here and also on the internet, and nothing I have tried so far has worked, so, please work with me if this has been answered before. The problem is that, when I try to load my saved files (or a new file) the game gives me a "serious error has occurred while loading error". Interestingly, however, it doesn't happen every time I try to load. It happens most of the time, but if I try 15-20 times to load my game, one of those times might actually be successful. This was starting to get very annoying, so, I tried to deleted my saved file and use the backup copy as suggested on the internet. That, however, did not work. I also tried to update AM and it didn't work. I started a new game, but nothing seems to work. I don't have any mods on my game, except for AM, and I have not downloaded CC in months. I have version 2.5.12 of the game, with the latest AM installed. The problem started happening a few days after updating my game. Is there anything I can do that will not require re-installing my game? Thanks in advance
Chain_Reaction
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Re: Serious error that deleting save and using backup file won't fix?
« Reply #1 on: 2010 March 08, 00:44:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi. I tried searching for a solution to this problem on here and also on the internet

Is MATY located on Mars then?

Interestingly, however, it doesn't happen every time I try to load. It happens most of the time, but if I try 15-20 times to load my game, one of those times might actually be successful.

Have you tried resaving after you get it to load and see if it continues? You'll want to save a copy of the save in case it corrupts it further doing this.

This was starting to get very annoying, so, I tried to deleted my saved file and use the backup copy as suggested on the internet. That, however, did not work.

What do you mean it did not work? The backup save gives the same response?

I started a new game, but nothing seems to work.

Again, what do you mean it doesn't work? A new game does not load? If so, your game sounds seriously hosed by a patch and needs to be reinstalled.
Whako
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010 March 08, 02:57:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It nuked!

Reinstall would be an option.

22:28   Tigerlilley   
Ok, cuz where I come from your name reads like Fucko
missreal
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010 March 08, 18:57:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What I mean by "it doesn't work" is that nothing I have tried has resolved the issue. Every time I tried to restart the game, use the backup file or start a new game, I would continue to get the "a serious error has occurred while loading the application" error after the sunset valley loading screen would load, at which point it takes me back to the main menu screen.

I tried to save as a new game when I could get the game to finally come up, but the game still picks and chooses when it wants to load and when it doesn't.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010 March 08, 19:13:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Reinstall would be an option.
It sounds like a critical file is missing.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: