More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 10:47:22

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Vehicle Anomalies
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Vehicle Anomalies  (Read 5110 times)
The_Goddess
Garrulous Gimp

You know how to whistle, don't you?

View Profile
Vehicle Anomalies
« on: 2010 February 19, 16:07:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lately I've been noticing quite a few vehicle anomalies in my game.

First; one of my Sims left a car on a community lot and was unable to retrieve it.  I had to nuke the car from the lot and bought them a nice new truck to replace it.

Second, I had an un-manned bike parked at an intersection that did not disappear after trying ‘Fixall' and ‘towderelicts', and had to nuke it as well.  I also had an empty car pool car sitting at an intersection that had to be nuked.

Third, I watched a minivan disappear from a vacant house, right before my eyes.  I was transitioning between game mode to edit town mode, and it simply vanished.  I went to edit the lot and was unable to place a new car there.  I had no trouble placing cars on lots that were occupied, but could not place a single car on a lot that had no residents.  

I thought it was just me and perhaps a problem with my mods or content. So I removed all mods except AM; no change.  I decrapified all content; no change.  As an experiment my fiancée tried it on his computer, with his game, and he was unable to place a vehicle on an unoccupied residential lot as well.

I don't consider this to be a major problem, just a mild annoyance.  If you get a chance to try to place a car on an unoccupied lot, let me know if you are able to.  

Edit, add:  Should I take this lack of response to mean that no one has been able to successfully place a car on an unoccupied residential lot, since I last posted?     I was afraid of that.  Had it just been me I could have ‘trial and error' my way to fixing it.  If everyone is having this problem, I will have to wait until EA or Pescado come to the rescue and fix it.
« Last Edit: 2010 February 20, 21:30:23 by The_Goddess » Logged
Sigmund
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
Re: Vehicle Anomalies
« Reply #1 on: 2010 February 21, 00:59:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I could have sworn that somebody else mentioned the patch screwing up vehicles somewhere, but now I can't find it. I haven't noticed it myself, but then again, I haven't been playing much since the newest patch managed to once again fuck over mac users.

I sing along with elevator music.
SciBirg
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010 February 21, 15:36:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have two cabs stuck in my game, with sims in them. One is in front of the family I am playing (the only family I have in this neighborhood) and the other one is at the next intersection. Towderelicts fixes it for about one second as does fixall.
Would nuking the cabs be safe if there are sims in them?

I am using the latest patch, have HELS and WA installed and the AM from last night.

INTJ
The_Goddess
Garrulous Gimp

You know how to whistle, don't you?

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010 February 21, 17:14:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have two cabs stuck in my game, with sims in them. One is in front of the family I am playing (the only family I have in this neighborhood) and the other one is at the next intersection. Towderelicts fixes it for about one second as does fixall.
Would nuking the cabs be safe if there are sims in them?

I am using the latest patch, have HELS and WA installed and the AM from last night.

If they are playable Sims, you could just switch to their household and tell them to go home.  If they are NPS, do you really care if they do not survive?
SciBirg
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010 February 21, 17:21:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am not so worried if they survive or not, I never play premade sims. I just don't want to risk screwing up my neighborhood, and I don't know if nuking the cabs with sims in will cause problems down the road. Like you said, it's more a nuisance than an actual problem.

INTJ
LVRugger
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010 February 22, 00:46:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had a cab stuck in front of the neighbor's house for a few sim days. The only one in it was the cab driver. I finally got sick of it and nuked it. Towderelicts did not work. I have some issues on vacation, but the main hood still seems stable.
GnatGoSplat
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2010 February 22, 00:56:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When you nuke a cab with just a driver in it, it doesn't kill the driver.  I've nuked a cab that sits in front of the Riverview pool with driver "Georgina Hubbard" in it half a dozen times.
ShortyBoo
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2010 February 23, 00:17:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had a stuck cab with a driver in it stuck in SV for quite some time. There are also several stuck scooters all over France with no one on them.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: