More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 19, 02:43:36

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6510 Members
Latest Member: TGTams
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Small issue: Dungeons/tombs reset, and missions cannot be completed.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Small issue: Dungeons/tombs reset, and missions cannot be completed.  (Read 9613 times)
Astronomenon
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
Small issue: Dungeons/tombs reset, and missions cannot be completed.
« on: 2009 December 14, 03:53:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I want to start by saying thanks for reading my problem. Essentially this is my second trip to China. After a few in game hours I am unable to complete quests or open doors within tombs. I unlocked a dungeon with a sigil, then saved, then loaded, and now the door is permanently locked and i don't have the quest sigil. Do you have any idea why this would happen? An inability to complete quests or open keyed doors? Thanks for reading.
Greyform
Dimwitted Dunce

Grey pride

View Profile
Re: Small issue: Dungeons/tombs reset, and missions cannot be completed.
« Reply #1 on: 2009 December 14, 11:37:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you just need to get past the door and opening it isn't specifically the next objective in your quest, you can use the ctrl+shift click debug interactions if you have a mod that enables them (like AM). Other than that, I can be of no help.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 December 14, 11:47:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This happens because that place is no longer your quest objective, so you should concentrate on what *IS* the nxet quest objective, as you are not actually supposed to open quest-locked doors.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Astronomenon
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 December 14, 20:04:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think I'd agree if it were only the doors. For quests where I have to talk to people, say convince three people to vote on an item, or my present quest: I have to ask Adaeze Min about the order of the resolute fist, I cannot complete the dialogue chain. As in I can speak to her, but the quest is never satisfied. Even if I reset the game and try again speaking to her about the quest does not complete the quest. Also skeleton keys don't work. As for the inability to access doors, it also expands into the inability to open chests although the opening chest things tends to happen rarely and a reset seems to fix that. But as I said before the real problem isnt so  much just the doors not opening, but the fact that quests that are primary cannot be completed.
julie_s
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 December 15, 05:31:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm having similar issues -- I communicated with the spirit in the hidden garden once and got his remains, which were to be put in the tomb next to his wife's remains.  I was able to get to the tomb, but couldn't get rid of the remains.  The game went all BlueLot on me after the save, and when I reopened an earlier save with no cc and tried to redo the mission, the spirit wouldn't communicate with my sim. 

The remains are no longer in my sim's backpack, the people who own the Hidden Garden house keep calling and requesting my sim to come and talk to the spirit, but when my sim gets to the house, the dialogue box is blank when the house owner greets my sim.  When my sim mourns (which should call the spirit), nothing happens.

I had a mess of cc on my lots, and kept having to revert to older saves without cc.  I recently (today) got this Blue Lot fixer (http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=381540) at MTS and am going to run my cc through it.  If I find it makes a difference in completing missions, I'll report back. 
Process Denied
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 December 15, 16:59:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm going to post this in case anyone comes across this problem.  The quest in China where you are to get the axe, well, I know I did the quest right because I had done it many times before, but this time the axe was not there.  I have the EA debugger activated in my game-via Awesome mod- and I went into buymode to see if it was missing.  It was there in buymode, so I left without doing anything.  When I went into live mode, the axe was there and I was able to complete the quest.  I guess going into buymode reset the axe.  I thought this might be helpful to someone.
catshirlann
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 December 15, 23:31:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm going to post this in case anyone comes across this problem.  The quest in China where you are to get the axe, well, I know I did the quest right because I had done it many times before, but this time the axe was not there.  I have the EA debugger activated in my game-via Awesome mod- and I went into buymode to see if it was missing.  It was there in buymode, so I left without doing anything.  When I went into live mode, the axe was there and I was able to complete the quest.  I guess going into buymode reset the axe.  I thought this might be helpful to someone.
Thank you. Unfortunately for me, it did not work out.  Pangu's axe was not there for my sim, so I went into buy mode and sure enough saw Pangu's axe, but when I went back into live mode, Pangu's axe was still invisible. I will hold onto my hope that in my sims will be able to complete the Pangu's Axe quest in the future. I've been researching everywhere I can think of for a solution to this very frustrating problem of my sims not being able to complete the Pangu's Axe quest. I've even lost sleep over this. I made the mistake of following somebody's advice (on another forum), which was to reset the tombs by deleting the vacation save files in documents and I stupidly did not put a backup copy of my 6-month old neighborhood on my desktop. To make a long story short, deleting the vacation files ruined my 6-month old neighborhood and caused my game to CTD. I uninstalled and reinstalled WA and I am starting all over again on a fresh neighborhood. I have not got the courage yet to retry the Pangu's Axe quest in my new neighboorhood. In my game, it seems that only one sim in the whole neighborhood gets to complete the Pangu's Axe quest. I am very disappointed in the Wa EP. Only Awesomemod and Twallan's Supercomputer keeps me playing Sims 3.

Old Japanese proverb:
  "The raised nail gets hammered down."
Greyform
Dimwitted Dunce

Grey pride

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 December 15, 23:33:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, you might not be able to complete the quest, but at least you can give any sim you want the axe itself if you have buydebug turned on. I actually gave a sim the axe before I even knew what it actually was, just because it looked neat. I thought it was a wall decoration.
Process Denied
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 December 16, 05:33:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

catshirlann, if you save before you do it, try to delete the axe, then replace it.  If it messes something up, you can always not save.
Astronomenon
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 December 16, 05:40:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

well Im glad to know that im not alone. Hmm, another issue has popped up. Along with the quest inability to complete my character just got married but she doesn't have an icon. it shows him instead and I can't move her or complete her objectives. Fixall doesn't work, nor does recreating her through the CAS. He's a legacy ghost character, and shes an original Sim. I'm sort of dismayed by how buggy this darn game is and how little EA has done to correct these mistakes. I feel like a heel relying on a third party who has nothing to benefit from if they address my personal issues with a buggy game.
Tsk tsk.
I'm almost fed up with this game.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 December 16, 10:52:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I feel like a heel relying on a third party who has nothing to benefit from if they address my personal issues with a buggy game.
I wouldn't say I have NOTHING to benefit. I get a less buggy game when I squash a bug.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
anachronista
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009 December 16, 18:48:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm unable to complete the quest in Egypt where you go to the Pyramid of the Burning Sands and bring back flame fruits. I go down to where they're supposed to be located and -- no flame fruit plants. Not a single one.

Anybody had this problem? I've eliminated all my mods except the new WA censor get-ridder-of-er. Still having random CTDs as well.

Not at all sure why I keep playing.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: