More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 07:13:02

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Deleting Already-Deleted Sims in SimPE?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Deleting Already-Deleted Sims in SimPE?  (Read 9053 times)
thelovelylizzy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Deleting Already-Deleted Sims in SimPE?
« on: 2009 December 01, 22:34:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

...does that title make sense?  Anyway:

When I first got the game, I made a bunch of random CAS Sims and families and eventually stopped playing them.  This was before I knew that deleting them from the Sim Bin was a Very Bad Thing, so that's what I did.  After a bit of poking around in SimPE, I noticed that all of their character files are still listed with the unlinked Sims.

Do I need to delete them from SimPE somehow to avoid my game going boom?  The only SimPE-related methods that I've found of getting rid of Sims involves using Theo's deleter tool in-game... and since they've already been deleted in-game, I don't know if there's anything else I need to do with them, or if I should just leave the files alone.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Deleting Already-Deleted Sims in SimPE?
« Reply #1 on: 2009 December 02, 01:41:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can probably find them inside the Lot Debugger's "Unlinked Sims". Perform the Deleted 2 procedure as documented in the same way as you would for non-deleted sims.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
LynnMar
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 December 06, 00:54:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

after reading this, I deceided to get rid of the memories and such of the sims that I deleted from the sim bin but I do not have an option called  "unlinked sims" in my lot debugger. I looked through all the options.  Maybe I don't have the right version of it or something.  Where in the lot debugger is it located?   thanks   Smiley
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 December 06, 01:01:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Same place as the regular deleter, usually.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 December 07, 10:18:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

after reading this, I deceided to get rid of the memories and such of the sims that I deleted from the sim bin but I do not have an option called  "unlinked sims" in my lot debugger. I looked through all the options.  Maybe I don't have the right version of it or something.  Where in the lot debugger is it located?   thanks   Smiley

If memory serves, that's not a seperate option, but unlinked sims appear as a family under "Prepare for Deletion", conveniently named "UNLINKED".

"Getting attention here is like awakening Lovecraftian cosmic horrors. Don't do it." - J.M. Pescado

LynnMar
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 December 16, 19:08:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't even have an option that says Prepare for deletetion in my lot debugger.  What is wrong with mine?  I have the batbox edition.  Now  Brandi Broke wants to be friends with herself and best friends with herself.  Does that mean I have a duplicate of her or is it because I let her play with the helicopter toy?  I know the remote car would cause that type of problem but does the helicopter remote toy cause the same problem?
 Also I have looked for Prepare to unlink in the lot debugger,  with the cheats on and with the cheats off,  I give up.  Cry   thanks
Tarlia
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 December 16, 19:18:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

...Did you shift-click the debugger with testingcheatsenabled on? You have to shift-click for the debug options to show up.

Also, Brandi wanting to befriend herself means she's got a relationship with herself, I'm pretty sure that's a VBT though I don't know whether you could fix it in SimPE or if it's a sign of an inevitable BFBVFS.
LynnMar
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 December 17, 02:30:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

no, I did not know about the shift click on the debugger but I will try it tomorrow when I fire up the game.  Thanks so much for clarifying that for me.   Grin
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: