More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 19, 11:08:36

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6510 Members
Latest Member: TGTams
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Custom Meshes no longer work
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Custom Meshes no longer work  (Read 8016 times)
Snowflakes
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Custom Meshes no longer work
« on: 2009 August 25, 01:15:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, the title obviously says it all. I'm having issues with .packages that have custom meshes. I'm not sure if furniture is doing this too(I don't have any custom furniture), but it's happening with outfits and hair. For the outfits, it just shows an invisible space between the feet and head. For hair, it shows part of the texture, but the mesh doesn't show at all. It just looks like a texture was glued to the sim's head.
I'm running the game on a Mac Leopard and I have sims patched up to 1.3.
I've tried deleting caches, removing my mods folder and putting it back in, deleting my neighborhood and starting a new one, but the meshes just won't show up.

Those are both custom hairs.
« Last Edit: 2009 August 25, 14:55:50 by Snowflake » Logged
Sigmund
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
Re: Custom Meshes no longer work
« Reply #1 on: 2009 August 25, 03:04:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been running into this problem as well. However, deleting the caches and thumbnails, and removing/replacing the Packages folder seems to make it work again temporarily, although it sometimes takes multiple tries. I'm also running the game on Leopard, and never encountered this until the 1.3 patch. It doesn't appear to be triggered by anything specific, since the downloads will work one day and then stop working the next.

I sing along with elevator music.
simmilk
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 August 25, 13:41:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm seeing the same flat custom hair problem.

iMac: 24"/3.06/4GB/1TB/512/SD/MSE/KB. 
I've got the latest patch for TS3.

At first I was clearing caches, but then noticed that the hair issue would correct itself without clearing the caches.  Quitting to desktop and restarting the game is the fix I've found... hope that will save you some start up time.   
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 August 25, 14:16:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Some of these issues were allegedly fixed in 1.4.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Snowflakes
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 August 25, 14:49:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Once in a while the meshes start working again after I restart the game a few times, clear the caches, etc. But it's extremely annoying to have to go through that every time I want to play the game.
And Pescado, 1.4? Is that the new patch? I think I'm missing something here.
Sigmund
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 August 25, 15:07:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Unfortunately, EAxis is either lying or incompetent (or both?) since I'm currently patched at 1.4 and continue to have this problem.
« Last Edit: 2009 August 25, 15:18:27 by Sigmund » Logged

I sing along with elevator music.
Evil_Fuzzies
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 August 28, 20:29:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

(On an iMac running 10.5.7, patched up to 1.4.6.1)

I am, of course, having the very same ultra-frustrating hair mesh issues.
   In trying to sort out this issue I thought it might be helpful to report that the custom furniture I've installed works just fine (Mango & Stylist Sims).
   The majority of clothing & accessories I've downloaded do work as well, with the exception of 2 recent acquisitions which refuse to show up: Aikea's non-replacement facial piercings and some kitty ears from SimsCave/Netshow.

Bah.
SimVeggie
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 August 29, 14:17:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm having the same problem, but I'm also having problems with custom patterns.  I'm patched to 1.4 and the only hack  I have is "no intro".  I just did a fresh reload of windows ( XP pro 64 bit)  and this is a fresh install of Sims3.  The reason I decided to reload everything was I was having intermittent problems with random custom content not showing up in a non patched game.  Mostly new meshes from TSR, but the items being from TSR I thought was the problem.  I've had problems with custom patterns not showing up from several sites with my first install and now with the fresh one.  I've installed using the helper monkey program and installing manually (using 3viewer to unpack the Sims3pack)  and using the launcher.  Nothing seems to make the items show up. 

Any advice would be very welcome!
pbox
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 August 30, 10:01:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

SimVeggie, I believe yours is a different issue - you're on Windows.

Custom hairs not working post 1.3 under OS X is a known issue; nobody seems to know what exactly is causing this. EA are not all that competent when it comes to make graphics work for OS X,it seems … they did a bunch of graphics changes in 1.3 and I'm pretty sure there's a connection between that and the hair suddenly crapping out.
SimVeggie
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 August 31, 14:25:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ahh...I see.  Is there a post for non mac users having the missing custom mesh and missing pattern problem that I missed?  I've tried many sites and none of their patterns show, which is weird because before I patched those same patterns worked.  Fresh downloads, and run through the launcher and not though the launcher.   Undecided  But everything works perfectly when I download just a .package file.

EA sure makes such a simple game (for the end users) frustratingly complex!  Thank you
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: