More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 08:38:17

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Bug? Bulldoze or Place Copy removes Beautiful Vista
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Bug? Bulldoze or Place Copy removes Beautiful Vista  (Read 22087 times)
Hanlon Razor
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Bug? Bulldoze or Place Copy removes Beautiful Vista
« on: 2009 June 08, 21:56:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've noticed that on lots that should have the Beautiful Vista moodlet (beaches, the 60x60) that bulldozing an existing house, or placing a copy of a bin house in an empty lot (or the one just bulldozed) will result in the removal of the Beautiful Vista moodlet.

Can anyone confirm this? If this is bugged, it's a real bummer.
infamy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Bug? Bulldoze or Place Copy removes Beautiful Vista
« Reply #1 on: 2009 June 08, 22:05:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Confirmed.  I have searched high and low for a fix with no success as of yet.
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2009 June 10, 08:42:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't even find the bulldozer option, I have been having to go in and use the sledgehammer and it takes ages Sad

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 June 10, 09:56:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Click and drag with the sledgehammer?

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Hanlon Razor
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 June 10, 14:35:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sledgehammering is actually the safe option. I hammered the house next to Gobias in Edit mode, flattened lot, and then built my sims beach house to be. When I moved them, the beutiful vista was intact. Which is fine for one game, but having to build from scratch each time through is a pain.

I wonder if there is any sort of set lot moodlet interface/console command that could be hacked in. Or alternatively, a don't remove lot flag hack for dozing or placing copy.
brownlustgirl
Knuckleheaded Knob

Giving EA the finger!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 June 20, 19:07:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is a discussion about this at ModTheSims and they are stumped also. No one have been able to isolate the object that makes the "Beautiful Vista" buff work.  I really hate to build beach homes cause in my game using "constrainfloorelevation" cheat leave hanging ceilings, I dislike how my lots come out looking so square. Boo EA!

"So you have to be hungry to eat, right? Hmph, imagine that concept."  Kirstie Alley
Mootilda
Dead Member

Reluctant Modder

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 June 21, 04:28:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No one has tried very hard to isolate the "beautiful vista" object, although I'm quite sure that one exists.

It's really stupid that EA removes hidden objects when clearing a lot; this whole game seems half-baked.

I don't think this level of hostility is necessary
Death-Jester
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 June 21, 15:05:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have just come across this bug too. I downloaded a 60x60 mansion, which my Sim family just moved into (had to save up the §370,000 first!).
It's placed on the only 60x60 lot, up near the Landgraab mansion. I know for a fact that the lot should give a beautiful vista/lot buff, because I've built on there before with a different household.

Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2009 June 21, 16:04:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No one has tried very hard to isolate the "beautiful vista" object,

I have tried very hard, and we also tried to find references to it hidden in the scripts with no luck yet.  My thoughts are that it's a flag rather than a hidden object, as the lot contents of one I know to have a BV do not include any object that looks like it's a BV indicator.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
Mootilda
Dead Member

Reluctant Modder

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 June 21, 16:24:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If it's a flag, then I'm surprised that EA bothers to clear the flag when you ask it to delete the building off of a lot... why bother to write special code to do the wrong thing?  And here I had been assuming that they were just too aggressive when removing objects from the lot.

There's no way to add a beautiful vista to a lot, it gets deleted when you clear a lot, and it doesn't get packaged with a lot, so the tendency is for all of your beautiful vistas to disappear over time.  Sigh.  This game seems so poorly designed / implemented.

Gastfyr
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 June 21, 16:41:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

why bother to write special code to do the wrong thing?
I'm sure they have done it before...and will likely do it again.

TS3: it's really cool if you don't look too closely! - bottles
pennyhugo
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009 June 21, 17:10:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

in my game, I just moved my sims to a new house I built, they don't have Beautiful Vista moodlet anymore...

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2009 June 21, 20:55:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does it stay if you renovate? So far, I have only built on the empty lot which retained its beautiful vista. If I bought one of the other houses and changed it in situ, I wonder if that would preserve the moodlet?

ETA: Removal of random apostrophe.
« Last Edit: 2009 June 21, 22:07:41 by witch » Logged

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2009 June 21, 20:55:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I built an upper floor on a house which already has the beautiful vista.
Weird thing is, when the sims are in the bedroom, the moodlet goes away, and it reappears when they go in any other room on that floor. The only difference I spotted is that the bedroom has a big panoramic window, while the bathroom and the nursery have small windows which barely let the light pass through.
I wonder what this could mean.

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
Mootilda
Dead Member

Reluctant Modder

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2009 June 21, 21:55:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does it stay if you renovate? So far, I have only built on the empty lot which retained it's beautiful vista. If I bought one of the other houses and changed it in situ, I wonder if that would preserve the moodlet?

Yes, this is the only way to keep your beautiful vista.

Trinity
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2009 June 21, 23:38:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I built an upper floor on a house which already has the beautiful vista.
Weird thing is, when the sims are in the bedroom, the moodlet goes away, and it reappears when they go in any other room on that floor. The only difference I spotted is that the bedroom has a big panoramic window, while the bathroom and the nursery have small windows which barely let the light pass through.
I wonder what this could mean.

I have noticed this too. I am building a house right now and it has beautiful vista.

There is one bathroom that is complete and decorated but has no windows, when he enters it he looses the moodlet. I have another bathroom that is not complete, it has one of those little windows, and all it has is a toilet, when he goes in that bathroom the moodlet stays.  In another room I have tried a few sizes and number of windows, I even covered the whole outside wall with windows and still no moodlet.

Windows seem to matter but I am not sure if the size of the window does.  I think it may be how many windows, and maybe how big the room is compared to how many windows there are. In the bedroom he didn't get the moodlet until I added the last window, and when I take it away he looses it. I tried with big windows and little ones, it doesn't seem to matter as long as there are 5 windows, or 4 windows and a door leading to outside.
Alex
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2009 June 25, 21:01:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Out of interest, do beach community lots behave in the same manner, or is it tied to the beach lot designation?
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2009 June 27, 21:59:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I moved a sim into the empty lot across from the beach and he had the Beautiful Vista moodlet even though the lot was empty. That was when I realized that moving houses wasn't such a good idea. I had used that lot before but had moved a sim & house to it and they never got the Beautiful Vista moodlet and at the time, I didn't realize they should have.  Tongue

Marcus
Blathering Buffoon

Come to the dARRk side.

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2009 June 27, 22:54:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have just used "Move lot" in "Edit Town" to move the Wolff household/lot to the suburbs as I want to build on the site.
Am I correct in thinking that the Beautiful Vista "hidden object" will have gone with that lot and will return if I move it back?

If so, then i assume my only option will be to play the Wollf family, move them out, knock the house down manually, THEN build.

OMG what a ridiculously retarded way of doing things, Blows claxon at EA team, WAKEY, WAKEY, you have work to do...

I don't believe in orbiting teapots.
Mootilda
Dead Member

Reluctant Modder

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2009 June 27, 23:37:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Out of interest, do beach community lots behave in the same manner, or is it tied to the beach lot designation?
Here's some info on beach lots and other community lots:
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,15583.0.html

I have just used "Move lot" in "Edit Town" to move the Wolff household/lot to the suburbs as I want to build on the site.
Am I correct in thinking that the Beautiful Vista "hidden object" will have gone with that lot and will return if I move it back?
No, I believe that this isn't correct.  Your beautiful vista will disappear when you move the lot, but you will not be able to get it back.  Once a beautiful vista is gone, it's gone (unless you restore the neighborhood from a backup that still has it).

If so, then i assume my only option will be to play the Wollf family, move them out, knock the house down manually, THEN build.
As long as you still have the beautiful vista on the lot, then moving the family out, knocking down the house manually and then building is the only way to keep the buff.
« Last Edit: 2009 June 27, 23:50:51 by Mootilda » Logged

Marcus
Blathering Buffoon

Come to the dARRk side.

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2009 June 28, 00:05:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for clearing that up Mootilda,
This really is broken isn't it?

Dammit, I've already saved the hood after I moved the lot.
I wont be making that "mistake" again.
Fortunately I have only one family in that hood so I think I'll move them out and move them into another, unbroken hood.

Look EA I know you guys find picking your noses and drooling on your desks less taxing than trying to do your jobs, but hey, give it a try, you never know you might learn something.

I don't believe in orbiting teapots.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: