More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 25, 19:17:47

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  The Armory
| | |-+  No Uni Invulnerability For Dormies
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: No Uni Invulnerability For Dormies  (Read 69574 times)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
No Uni Invulnerability For Dormies
« on: 2005 November 18, 04:20:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

At first I thought, "Gee, you know, my dormies seem to have gotten smarter since I installed Nightlife.". Then the cafeteria worker started horsing around instead of serving food. Naturally, this meant there was no food to eat. My sims, of course, had no difficulty making their own, but after 3 days of nobody attempting the cowplant, and, more important, NO DORMIES STARVING TO DEATH FROM LACK OF FOOD....I discovered something was up. Something had apparently been activated as a result of the NL selectability changes. Something not funny. Also, dormies had stopped peeing themselves. And that is not funny at all. So now you can go back to torturing and killing dormies.

UNI & NL: nouniprotect.zip

No University Protection (v1b) for TS2U v1.0p1 & TS2NL v1.0p1
Made by: Flying Fish Systems (J. M. Pescado)

Special Thanks To:
Quaxi, for writing SimPE
Brynne, for no particularly obvious reason...

Congratulations to: Draklixa!

INSTRUCTIONS:
Place in your MYDOCU~1\EAGAME~1\THESIM~1\DOWNLO~1 directory.

FEATURES:
Disables the "magic invulnerability protection" given to non-selectables in Uni
dorms and frathouses that appears to have activated itself due to NL/patch.
Dormies and visitors will now be required to eat, sleep, pee, and bathe like
everyone else again. Hilarity ensues!

COMPATIBILITY:
Compatible with all FFS hacks. Tested for TS2U v1.0p1 & TS2NL v1.0p1.

SIDE EFFECTS:
May cause computer damage, incontinence, explosion of user's head, coma, death,
and/or halitosis.
« Last Edit: 2006 January 15, 09:54:10 by J. M. Pescado » Logged

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
Re: No Uni Invulnerability For Dormies
« Reply #1 on: 2005 November 18, 04:24:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is this consistent? My old bags seem to make food okay. Well that is when they aren't getting bitten by vampire guests.  Grin

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 November 18, 04:27:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is this consistent? My old bags seem to make food okay. Well that is when they aren't getting bitten by vampire guests.  Grin
I'm not sure yet. I just know this one particular dorm doesn't seem to have a cafeteriaperson at the moment. She shows up on schedule, but instead of doing, well, cafeteria things, she simply wanders around being an obstacle in the hallway, occasionally harassing a dormie, and being generally ignored by the rest of my sims as they zip along in their Rampages.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Andygal
Deformed Freak
Nitwitted Nuisance

Now with new and improved avatar!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 November 18, 04:29:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

thank you pescado, I was bored today and was trying to make a dormie pass out. Now I can!
aussieone
Stupid Schlemiel

I ain't 'fraid of no Inteenimater!! ABCD/EFGH

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 November 18, 04:32:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

[/quote]
I'm not sure yet. I just know this one particular dorm doesn't seem to have a cafeteriaperson at the moment. She shows up on schedule, but instead of doing, well, cafeteria things, she simply wanders around being an obstacle in the hallway, occasionally harassing a dormie, and being generally ignored by the rest of my sims as they zip along in their Rampages.
[/quote]

Could it be that you have a bug or perhaps a conflicting hack J.M.?  Wink Tongue 
*Runs away to avoid painful lip ripping*

Inge: credit to Kewian for educating me as to where my clitoris is and what it does
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 November 18, 04:54:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If I remember well, I read from a Maxoid that the best would be to delete the stove and place a new one since it was reprogram and it should go back to normal.  I think it was MaxoidTom that said that on this site awhile ago.

EDIT:  I did not experience that since I started fresh after I install Nightlife so I have no idea if what I mention above could actually work.
« Last Edit: 2005 November 18, 05:09:59 by MissDoh » Logged
Andygal
Deformed Freak
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 November 18, 05:15:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had a problem like you describe after installing either NL or the patch (can't remember which...had an excess cafeteria worker wandering around. I either reset or deleted him, can't remember which and that solved it.
SciBirg
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 November 18, 08:46:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Won't this inflate the number of character files in the game since dormies are not particularly bright and thus prone to death by stupidity?

INTJ
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 November 18, 09:27:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I call your attention to NO DORMIE RESPAWNING.

SciBirg
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 November 18, 10:06:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you kindly, sir!  Grin

INTJ
Hairfish
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 November 18, 11:46:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't had cafeteria workers wander aimlessly in my dorms, BUT, they do occasionally fix a family-style meal instead of individual servings. The only gripe I have with that is that the worker then sits down with the students and eats with them. On the up-side, I can click the serving dish and call everyone to the meal...

Will this have any effect on said behavior, or do you have the slightest idea what I'm talking about even?  Wink
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005 November 18, 13:36:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

On the up-side, I can click the serving dish and call everyone to the meal...

If you watch her and catch her just after the food is read but before she finishes putting all the individual servings on the counter and the serving plate dissappears, you can actually click on the serving plate while she is holding it and call everyone to the meal. Wink

Yes, I am bored with a lot of time on my hands sometimes and wait around for the old bat to make food.  Grin

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: 2005 November 18, 17:20:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had that problem a couple of times with the cook not acting like a cook, but it was solved by buying a new stove.  Best to delete the cook before doing so though, to avoid another being spawned.  I have noticed that the dormies seem to realise when they're about to starve to death playing musical instruments now, which they didn't before.  The game always sends them to bed at a certain time, regardless of whether or not they're tired, and of course their motives reset once they're in their rooms.  I'd like to see them have normal motives and go to bed when they're tired, that way they might seem more 'human' (as it were).

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
Dark Trepie
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2005 November 18, 20:59:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All I have to say is make sure your dorm room is locked if you install this.  I've caught quite a few dormies sleeping in my bed.   Angry

On the other hand I'm seeing all sorts of desperation icons popping up over their heads now.  One had a bladder desperation.  But saddly he didn't pee himself.   Sad
Carmelita
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2005 November 18, 21:17:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I always keep all my dorm rooms locked anyway.  Keeps stupid dormies from waking my Sims up by barging into their dorm room in the middle of the night to play on their computer. 

For someone who has nothing to complain about,
I'm pretty good at it.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2005 November 18, 21:41:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have noticed that the dormies seem to realise when they're about to starve to death playing musical instruments now, which they didn't before.
With this hack, or without it? Without it, the dormies wouldn't ever starve to death no matter how long they played the damn instruments, they'd keep plugging away forever until something broke it up because they'd never have to stop from motives.

The game always sends them to bed at a certain time, regardless of whether or not they're tired, and of course their motives reset once they're in their rooms.  I'd like to see them have normal motives and go to bed when they're tired, that way they might seem more 'human' (as it were).
Not entirely true, I don't think. They do sometimes go to their rooms arbitrarily on their own, but I don't think this actually resets anything but their energy.

Dark Trepie
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2005 November 19, 06:04:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have to say this is an entertaining hack.  Only just installed it today and I've already caught quite a few dormies passing out in their food and on the floor all over the place.  One even passed out in the communal shower room.  I giggled about that one for a few minutes.

I'm waiting with fingers crossed for a visit from Grimmy.  And I made sure I have No Dormie Respawn in excited anticipation.
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: 2005 November 19, 06:24:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have noticed that the dormies seem to realise when they're about to starve to death playing musical instruments now, which they didn't before.
With this hack, or without it? Without it, the dormies wouldn't ever starve to death no matter how long they played the damn instruments, they'd keep plugging away forever until something broke it up because they'd never have to stop from motives.
Without it.  I misunderstood how it worked and thought it was going to STOP them suffering, so I didn't download it.  Now I know it will actually bring back the suffering, I will download it.  Not that I need it yet as so far in my new neighbourhood I haven't made a Uni due to not having anyone old enough to go, but I'm going to need one soon.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
Andygal
Deformed Freak
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2005 November 19, 07:22:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Grin Cool
SciBirg
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2005 November 19, 10:01:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Grin Cool

The trials of student life... Cheesy

INTJ
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2005 November 19, 10:02:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, that looks more like college as I remember it.

vector
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2005 November 22, 19:29:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All I have to say is make sure your dorm room is locked if you install this.  I've caught quite a few dormies sleeping in my bed.   Angry

On the other hand I'm seeing all sorts of desperation icons popping up over their heads now.  One had a bladder desperation.  But saddly he didn't pee himself.   Sad

Yeah, I noticed the bed-hogging as well. Even the cow mascot comes and sleeps in my bed when nobody even invited the evil sod into my house, nevermind my bed. I'm going to make a special dormie pen, where all the dormie's doors lead to the same tiny room where they can go and disappear whenever they want - then I'll put beds for them in normal rooms and lock my door.

I'd never had a dormie death accidentally before I installed this, btw - I just noticed when I zoomed out that somebody was curled up at the very edge of my lot. And they pee themselves ALL the time now, which is nice, but it means the maid goes into their rooms to clean up their puddles then gets locked in for days.

Some amusing college pictures below (the third dormie is being punished in a cell for her constant fighting):

[attachment deleted by admin]
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: 2005 November 22, 19:45:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cheesy Those pics are funny. I am pretty sure I have this hack installed and thus far, have yet to see the effects on any of my dormies. *shrugs*

They still seem pretty "invulnerable" but I guess they've all just been lucky. I also had a sim that seemed to be stuck doing research for what may have been days, if not at least several hours. I was barely paying attention when I noticed the same sim stuck on the couch doing group reseach. She might have possibly wandered away when I wasn't looking and came back. I guess she just really loves to do research? Tongue At one point, I was sick of her hoggin up the couch, preventing other sims from "enjoying" the Sports Party I was throwing. Roll Eyes I also noticed that often, when she comes back from class, she is one of those, what I like to call "low inertia" dormies, who just stand around for hours on end either in front of the toilet, next the mailbox, or in a corner just staring at the wall. I mean, I know they have very low A.I., but this is ridiculous!

At least I finally stuck in some tweaks of my own so that the dormies aren't Always gallavanting around in their freakin bathing suits. You set one hot tub on the roof, and Every sim and their mother has to sit in it and relax. And they never put on their regular clothes back! I know it's college, and you can pretty much wear whatever you want, but jeez, have some sense of decency. Roll Eyes At least now I don't have dormies constantly going to class in their bikinis or swim trunks and bare feet. Roll Eyes

Ste

vector
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2005 November 22, 19:57:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

At least I finally stuck in some tweaks of my own so that the dormies aren't Always gallavanting around in their freakin bathing suits. You set one hot tub on the roof, and Every sim and their mother has to sit in it and relax. And they never put on their regular clothes back! I know it's college, and you can pretty much wear whatever you want, but jeez, have some sense of decency. Roll Eyes At least now I don't have dormies constantly going to class in their bikinis or swim trunks and bare feet. Roll Eyes

Who did the hack that stopped non-playables from wasting all your Love Tub charge? I think it's bundled with Pescado's asp recharger mod. I only ever use the love tub because then *I* can decide when people are allowed to sit in *my* hot tub, instead of everybody just deciding to plonk themselves in it when I want a free space for a controllable sim. I don't know anybody with a hot tub IRL, but if I did, I wouldn't just go and stick my fat ass in it as soon as I walked in their door for god's sake. Especially if I'd only just met them.

My dormies stand around uselessly a lot more, too. Not sure why - it's maybe because sans-hack they go and research or play the drums for three semesters at a time, and with the hack they have to use the toilet and eat and stuff instead. And sometimes don't really need to do anything, so just stand around vacuously.
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: 2005 November 23, 02:44:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mine always have used the toilet and eaten and taken baths and the rest of it, it just seemed pretty pointless when walking through the door of their room would instantly reset them.  I'm assuming that this resetting is gone with this mod - certainly hope so, anyway.  Not sure what effect it will have on my two YA vamps if they appear again - one was a dormie but isn't anymore and she spent the entire day re-appearing and disappearing on the lot, then when she could have been up and about she wasn't because the game insisted on sending her to 'bed' at 10 pm.  Once she was stood standing in her room for 3 days [OK oldie Brits, who was it used to say "stood standing".  Was it Hylda Baker?  I know it ages me, whoever it was).
« Last Edit: 2005 November 23, 02:51:11 by Ancient Sim » Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: