More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 20, 12:15:43

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Removing vampire overlay from a single sim
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Removing vampire overlay from a single sim  (Read 4798 times)
CandyToast
Corpulent Cretin

ISTP/INTJ Half C-3P0, Half evil genius

View Profile
Removing vampire overlay from a single sim
« on: 2009 March 20, 17:02:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm looking to remove the vampire overlay on just one sim, I'm fine with blue vampires; just not a specific one. I took a peek at this thread http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,5391.msg154525.html#msg154525 but I'm looking to do the reverse.

"The lesson here is that dreams inevitably lead to hideous implosions"
Fold Spindle Mutilate!
Theo
Lipless Loser

View Profile
Re: Removing vampire overlay from a single sim
« Reply #1 on: 2009 March 21, 13:14:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Open the sim's character file, go to the 3IDR instance #1.

Find the entries for the overlays (named for example, afhairbald_vampire, and afbodynaked_vampire), and set the File Type, Group and Instance all to zero. That should take care of the head and body overlays.

Removing the face overlay is trickier, since it's applied as a face paint, which means you'll have to fiddle with the material definitions:

Open the TXMT that has a property named baseTexture0.

Delete the baseTexture with the value affacevampire-pale, and re-number the other baseTextures.

Edit the compositeBaseTextureName property, and remove '_affacevampire_pale' from the string. On the File List tab, remove '_affacevampire_pale' from the filename string.

However, the vampire face paint will reappear when the sim changes appearance, so you have to plan its appearance in advance; If you just want to fix the sim's icon, use the batbox's 'Regenerate portrait'.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 March 21, 13:56:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Easier approach: Make him not a vampire in-game, then set his persondata bits back to being a vampire using SimPE. This way the game does all that heavy lifting and you just need to set one flippy bit.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
CandyToast
Corpulent Cretin

ISTP/INTJ Half C-3P0, Half evil genius

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 March 21, 22:13:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Easier approach: Make him not a vampire in-game, then set his persondata bits back to being a vampire using SimPE. This way the game does all that heavy lifting and you just need to set one flippy bit.

I am not sure where these persondata bits are, nor how to toggle between vampire and normal. Please elaborate?

Eta: I've located persondata 1 and 2 in the extended browser, and  vampires have the Persondata 1 value of 4. Is that the only value that I need to change or are there others?
« Last Edit: 2009 March 21, 22:31:38 by CandyToast » Logged

"The lesson here is that dreams inevitably lead to hideous implosions"
Fold Spindle Mutilate!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 March 22, 03:08:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's the one. When you de-vampire a sim, it should change to 0. Put it back afterwards.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: