More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 16:18:45

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Add Sim to Fambly Instance?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Add Sim to Fambly Instance?  (Read 5962 times)
gynarchy
Lipless Loser

View Profile
Add Sim to Fambly Instance?
« on: 2009 February 17, 15:34:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is it possible to add a Sim (or group, in this case) to a particular fambly instance using SimPE? I started a new neighborhood and cloned all of my Sims from a previous 'hood to use in this one. Everything has been going along swimmingly except for my Tourists. The NPC gun is missing the option to add Sims to a Tourist fambly so when I got to that batch of Sims I used Inge's teleporter cat instead. My playable Sims went on their honeymoon and no Tourists appeared at the hotel. I looked in SimPE and noticed that their fambly instance is set to 0x7FF4. I saw some mention that this fambly instance is not used anymore so I tried to set their instance to 0x7FE5 on the Sim overview tab, but I can't get the changes to stick. I'm obviously missing other areas where the instance is set but I looked through the neighborhood and individual character files and didn't see anything. Is it possible to correctly set this group of Sims as Tourists somehow or am I better off Deleted2ing them and spawning a new set with the NPC gun?

Opera loving chickens. Can't eat them. Can't vote for them. Can't wear them as a hat.
Theo
Lipless Loser

View Profile
Re: Add Sim to Fambly Instance?
« Reply #1 on: 2009 February 17, 15:44:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You'll have to open the FAMI resource 0x7FF4 and remove those sims from the list. Then, you must open the target FAMI 0x7FE5, and add those sims in.
gynarchy
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 February 17, 16:01:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I knew it was something obvious that I was missing. Cheers!

Opera loving chickens. Can't eat them. Can't vote for them. Can't wear them as a hat.
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2009 February 18, 14:02:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Fambly?  Lol, how did you come up with that spelling?  Does anyone actually make a "b" sound in the word?

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
phyllis_p
Stupid Schlemiel

ISFJ - a tasty phyllis snack?

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 February 18, 14:53:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Fambly?  Lol, how did you come up with that spelling?  Does anyone actually make a "b" sound in the word?

It's a colloquial pronunciation in the US.  I associate it with rural folks in the Ozarks -- "hillbillies," if you will.  It's common enough that the spelling appears in The Grapes of Wrath in the dialect used by the Joads.

Vita brevis, Ars longa.                

"And so goest thy butthurt n00bs whosoever cannot have accolades and benes heaped upon them, as in the manner of vomit from a sorority girl, to which they are accustomed." lemmiwinks 1:1
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2009 February 18, 15:15:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, come to think of it I have heard people call chimneys chimbleys, so I guess it's a similar thing.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
Nadine Blackstone
Asinine Airhead

Not awesome, but my lack of morality makes it okay

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2009 February 19, 03:49:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wait, you WANT tourists?
Borkination may indeed be a win.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 February 19, 05:12:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I started it, and it spread as a meme throughout MATY. It's one of those MATYisms. We also say "terlet".

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
phyllis_p
Stupid Schlemiel

ISFJ - a tasty phyllis snack?

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 February 19, 15:21:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's common enough that the spelling appears in The Grapes of Wrath in the dialect used by the Joads.

I started it, and it spread as a meme throughout MATY. It's one of those MATYisms. We also say "terlet".

OMG, Mr Steinbeck!  The rumors of your death were highly exaggerated!!  BTW, I love your portrayal of Archie Bunker on television -- had no idea it was you!

Vita brevis, Ars longa.                

"And so goest thy butthurt n00bs whosoever cannot have accolades and benes heaped upon them, as in the manner of vomit from a sorority girl, to which they are accustomed." lemmiwinks 1:1
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: