More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 16, 07:44:55

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6518 Members
Latest Member: Willaemann
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  outfits don't stick
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: outfits don't stick  (Read 3737 times)
spinningplates
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
outfits don't stick
« on: 2008 November 05, 16:12:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This isn't necessarily urgent, but anytime something starts behaving differently, I'm unsure if it's just superficial or indicative of a larger (or a potentially larger) issue.

Outfits don't "stick".  If I change a sim into formal, for example, and then go to a comm lot, he's in everyday when he arrives.  When he goes to work he changes into his work clothes, but when the carpool drops him off, he's back in everyday. 

It's not causing an error or anything.

I haven't added any new hacks or dls recently, save for the updates to the maty.zip from 10/28 up, and I overwrote the old files with the new in the subfolder, so as to prevent issues.

Again, it's not urgent, just wondering if anyone's encountered this.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
Re: outfits don't stick
« Reply #1 on: 2008 November 05, 16:35:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Outfits don't "stick".  If I change a sim into formal, for example, and then go to a comm lot, he's in everyday when he arrives. 
Totally normal coding. To change it, you need something like TwoJeff's visitor controller or customerselector from here, both of which allow you to determine what clothing category sims will wear on a community lot.

When he goes to work he changes into his work clothes, but when the carpool drops him off, he's back in everyday. 
Known bork. Sure you don't have TJ's hacks for bringing friends home, though? I thought it was caused by that.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 November 05, 16:40:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can use Wardrobe Wrangler to reclassify formal clothing as also 'everyday' if you really want them to wear formal to comm lots.

In my game, sims go to work and return home in their appropriate work uniforms.

Tribulatio proxima est
spinningplates
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 November 05, 16:48:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Totally normal coding. 

That's normal?  Well, I certainly feel unobservant!  Was there ever a time, like back when NL first came out, where that wasn't the case and you could get your sims all fancy-pantsed to go downtown?  Which, incidentally, was probably the last time I tried to do this.

Known bork. Sure you don't have TJ's hacks for bringing friends home, though?

I do have that, actually.  I wasn't aware of that issue, thanks for your help!

You can use Wardrobe Wrangler to reclassify formal clothing as also 'everyday'

Thanks, I may do just that!
« Last Edit: 2008 November 05, 16:56:15 by spinningplates » Logged
Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 November 05, 18:25:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's normal?  Well, I certainly feel unobservant!  Was there ever a time, like back when NL first came out, where that wasn't the case and you could get your sims all fancy-pantsed to go downtown?  Which, incidentally, was probably the last time I tried to do this.

Yes, there must have been a time when you could send your sims to a comm lot in formal wear. I remember playing a bachelor challenge where I sent the bachelorette downtown for the one-on-one dates, and she did arrive in her formal wear, as expected. This was with Seasons, by the way. No idea about the later EPs, though, because now, I use twojeffs' visitor controller for my formal only lots.

"Getting attention here is like awakening Lovecraftian cosmic horrors. Don't do it." - J.M. Pescado

Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 November 05, 18:32:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Even so, if they arrive at the comm lot in their formalwear, and then use anything that requires them to change outfit (fitness or swim object), when they change back, they will be in 'everyday'.  Safest thing is to make the formal outfit work as 'everyday' and then "plan-everyday" at the wardrobe before the sim leaves the home lot.

Tribulatio proxima est
notovny
Garrulous Gimp

Report to the Budgerigar Commisar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2008 November 05, 23:30:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When he goes to work he changes into his work clothes, but when the carpool drops him off, he's back in everyday. 

If I recall correctly, this too is part of the Visitor Controller.

I have a love-hate relationship with the Visitor Controller.  The thing that I most dislike about it is that it seems to override "No Uneeded coats", so Zombo the Clown, and my various Werewolves and Vampires wander by in Outerwear during the winter.

On the other hand, it's the only thing I've run across that will let  Teens show up all night at an owned business lot. Without it, my Teen Wovles  leave the lot an hour after wolfing out, and my Teen Vamps only have two hours each day that they can stay on a community lot.

Google Sidewiki: Allowing invisible webpage vandalism since 2009.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: