More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 17, 12:21:00

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6518 Members
Latest Member: Willaemann
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Please, come visit my TS2 Hall of Fame (Interview with Pescado already there)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Please, come visit my TS2 Hall of Fame (Interview with Pescado already there)  (Read 26102 times)
LynnMar
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
Re: Please, come visit my TS2 Hall of Fame (Interview with Pescado already there)
« Reply #25 on: 2005 November 09, 13:43:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I enjoyed reading the interviews, especially JMs'. 
 Poor thing he is old, old and has a long beard.  He  sounds kinda like Santa Clause  with an attitude.     Grin

thanks.
Marvelleaux
Puppy Fucker
Blathering Buffoon

"free-thinking cat shits outside the box"

View Profile
Re: Please, come visit my TS2 Hall of Fame (Interview with Pescado already there)
« Reply #26 on: 2005 November 09, 16:43:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And how's your Dutch, FUBAR?

Tongue

Odi profanum vulgaris
virgali
Malodorous Moron

Do you see a midget Hitler?!

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2005 November 09, 17:19:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanx everybody for the possitve reactions, I'm back to this thread for the first time now since I've been busy "stalking" people to let me interview them! Grin

And yes, I DID sent Inge an e-mail, Inge please let me interview you, that's what the mass wants! LOL! To give you guys a "scoop"  Wink The list of people "pending":

Quaxi
Carrigon
Rentech

"Pending" meaning the interviews from these could be uploaded by the end of this week. I'll keep you informed... Grin

And yes, I did ask Twojeffs too! Maybe you guys could help me "persuade" him!LOL

Do you need someone to organize your sock drawer?
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: 2005 November 09, 17:35:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Virgali, you didn't by any chance try to contact me and Jeff via the email option at Variousimmers did you?  You have to realise that my account is disabled to the extent the email probably gets stopped, and Jeff's quite possibly is too, by now.

Anyway, I haven't received anything from you.  Why don't you leave that hellhole altogether?

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2005 November 09, 17:37:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Rentech

Oh now that should be interesting. Of course it will also further inflate her overinflated ego.

I'm ready for my closeup Mr. DeMille!

Or Mr. (Ms.?) Virgali as the case may be. Wink

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
virgali
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2005 November 09, 23:06:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Virgali, you didn't by any chance try to contact me and Jeff via the email option at Variousimmers did you?  You have to realise that my account is disabled to the extent the email probably gets stopped, and Jeff's quite possibly is too, by now.

Anyway, I haven't received anything from you.  Why don't you leave that hellhole altogether?

No, I PMed Twojeffs here on MATY and you I found oyur address at your own site. If you'd like I could PM you the questions here. Or we can meet up i thechat, I've seen you there but at that time I didn't have the questions ready and also I was busy editing the other interviews. Either ways, I'l be happy to do it, if oyu still want to.

Torkle
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2005 November 09, 23:10:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Or Mr. (Ms.?) Virgali as the case may be. Wink

Her profile says she's a 22 year old female from the Netherlands, so I'd go with Ms.

But of course Virgali would be the final authority on the proper title that should be used.  I suggest Empress.  It has a nice ring to it.

---
Torkle
virgali
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2005 November 09, 23:46:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you very much Torkle.. Grin I'm too humble for such title, although I did want to take over the world once...  Wink

Motoki, I know that you, how should I put this nicely? "dislike a certain someone".  Grin Still, she is in many ways a big contributor to the TS2 community, you can always skip hers. Wink

There are plenty of interviews coming that I'm sure you would like to read. Cheesy speaking of posing..where is that picture you promised us.. ? Cheesy

vecki
Querulous Quidnunc

Moar Average Than You

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2005 November 10, 00:04:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In the spirit of showing our photos to the world, here I am

Here's a hideous work photo of me from a few years ago taken when I was getting over the flu:

And a better (if yellow) self taken shot at home in my dressing gown:

My hair's grown again since then.

Oh, this topic was about interviews?  Why didn't anyone say so?  Interesting virgali, though there are a few I'll be skipping  Cheesy

<insert witty comment here>
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2005 November 10, 00:08:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In the spirit of showing our photos to the world, here I am

Here's a hideous work photo of me from a few years ago taken when I was getting over the flu:

And a better (if yellow) self taken shot at home in my dressing gown:

My hair's grown again since then.

Oh, this topic was about interviews?  Why didn't anyone say so?  Interesting virgali, though there are a few I'll be skipping  Cheesy
I skipped the VS interview

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
virgali
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2005 November 10, 00:20:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As long as you guys are having fun I'm happy.. Grin

Nice pictures, btw, I somehow assumed Brynne would be a brunette... Cheesy

I don't mind sharing my topic with your pictures, maybe I hsould add soe of my own

Andygal
Deformed Freak
Nitwitted Nuisance

Now with new and improved avatar!

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2005 November 10, 00:21:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Twojeffs is having computer trouble at the moment, that might be why you haven't got a response from him yet.
virgali
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2005 November 10, 00:26:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Twojeffs is having computer trouble at the moment, that might be why you haven't got a response from him yet.

Thanx for the info! Cheesy I was really looking forward to interview him. If you guys would like to help me wit my "press  qualities" don't hesitate to give hints, advice, comments...well, you get the idea... Grin

Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2005 November 10, 01:34:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Motoki, I know that you, how should I put this nicely? "dislike a certain someone".  Grin Still, she is in many ways a big contributor to the TS2 community, you can always skip hers. Wink

To be quite frank, I don't really see where she's created all that much of any importance. Certainly there's people who made lots more stuff that aren't on the list to be interviewed. She was a tyrant of a mod at MTS2, had a disagreement and left, then started her own place where she turned into a tyrant and has continued to make no shortage of enemies.

My feelings about her are obviously no secret, but all that aside, I just really don't see where she's done all that much to be considered such a pillar of the community. I will however grant you that she sure has stirred up a lot of controversy and made name for herself, though not always for the most positive reasons. For better or worse she keeps her name out there, has a loud mouth and gets talked about. I actually will read the interview if for nothing more than perverse amusement.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Baa
Nitwitted Nuisance

cat hair

View Profile
Re: Please, come visit my TS2 Hall of Fame (Interview with Pescado already there
« Reply #39 on: 2005 November 10, 01:43:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well here's me. About 30 years ago. The shag carpeting should give that away.
Most recent pic I have of myself, too!  Wink

You're a girl?  Shocked

Oh aren't I so funny. (Rhetorical, no need to answer)

I actually have a picture of myself up (I think?) on the about page of my website. I'm too lazy to go fetch a link.

i pop that P like you don't believe
and if ya want me you won't succeed!
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
Re: Please, come visit my TS2 Hall of Fame (Interview with Pescado already there
« Reply #40 on: 2005 November 10, 01:51:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a few more pics on my non-sims blog, but I need to add some more recent stuff.
Hey, here's a shameless plug!

http://blogisafunnyname.blogspot.com/ 
Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: 2005 November 10, 07:41:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Virgali, sorry but I am not going to participate in a project by someone who openly supports RentechD.  Vampire demanded that I "pick a team to bat for", so it will just cause problems with him if I confusingly appear to be doing stuff with someone on the VS team.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: 2005 November 10, 09:01:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wintermute listed Inge as one of his favorite modders.  Roll Eyes If that's how he treats his favorites...

To be fair, Wintermute did mail me to apologise, and I accepted.  We had a good relationship going way back before VS started, and we both agreed that it was the contaminated "air" at VS that caused the problem in the first place.

virgali
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2005 November 10, 16:59:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Inge, I respect your dission (or however you spell that) but this project has nothing to do with "your team agains my team" and "so and so doesn't get along with john doe". My "project" is MY idea and I am the only one working on it.

It's a tribute to all the main characters who provide the simcommunity with something valuable that makes it fun and entertaining for all of us simaddicts out there! This is for everybody, the newbies that may come along and for the peole who has been part of the community since day one.

Like I posted in my blog, I tend to keep it around and in circulation for all who are interested to see and to get to know who these people are and what they have done for the community. It would be a damn shame to keep you out, since you are one of the best out there.

Remember this is also for the people who doesn't frequently sit with us in the chat and probably barely knows what's been going on.

Like the Dutch, I'm always Neutral  Grin It's between you and Rentechd, then please leave me out of it.

virgali
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2005 November 10, 17:04:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Inge, I respect your dission (or however you spell that) but this project has nothing to do with "your team agains my team" and "so and so doesn't get along with john doe". My "project" is MY idea and I am the only one working on it.

It's a tribute to all the main characters who provide the simcommunity with something valuable that makes it fun and entertaining for all of us simaddicts out there! This is for everybody, the newbies that may come along and for the peole who has been part of the community since day one.

Like I posted in my blog, I tend to keep it around and in circulation for all who are interested to see and to get to know who these people are and what they have done for the community. It would be a damn shame to keep you out, since you are one of the best out there.

Remember this is also for the people who doesn't frequently sit with us in the chat and probably barely knows what's been going on.

Like the Dutch, I'm always Neutral  Grin It's between you and Rentechd, then please leave me out of it.

Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: 2005 November 10, 17:29:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Like the Dutch, I'm always Neutral  Grin It's between you and Rentechd, then please leave me out of it.

You don't seem to understand.  I have spent 3 years in the Sims community trying to remain fair and neutral and get on with everyone or at least be polite if I can't.   You are a member of staff on a site whose owner (Vampire not Rentechd) has told me that a neutral status is not acceptable as far as Variousimmers is concerned.   It was seen to be a cover on my part for some form of subversiveness.  Out of respect for Vampire's paranoia, I have obliged him and taken an arbitrary position against his site.  As a member of staff there you represent that site to me.   I don't have anything against you personally in RL, we'd probably get on great, it's what you represent in this context.

As for Pam, she's just a foolish, easily led woman, who's invented a novel non-banned account status, which is actually fairly amusing and has done me no harm at all.   I just feel sorry for her being pulled in so many different directions.

virgali
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2005 November 10, 17:52:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Inge, really, I understand your point of view and as I said, I respect your dissicion (argh! how do you spell that?! Roll Eyes). Still I think it would be a shame to miss you amongst the others and only because of the past incidents. Of course I don't know what you had to put up with, in all these years you've been in the community.

And of course you are intitled to your feelings against anybody who has done you harm or put you in an uncomfrotable position. All I wanted to say is that I am sorry this is getting int he way of what I think would be a nice project. Especially since many here, just read this thread immediately asked about you and Twojeffs. I'm not doing this for any forum owner this is for the people that goes around the community downloading stuff. I know plenty of simplayers who still NEVER used a hack in their game yet. And I often link them to pages and tell them who's who in the community and such things. This would be great for the newbies, especially since there are more and more modders out there offering all kinds of stuff.

Also, for the people who's been around a while, it's always a nice read to get to "know" the modders a bit better and as a refferance to "the good old days". When it all just started. The site I'm working o will have it's own domain and it will feature, hopefully, all the people who helped making the TS2 community so much fun! So you can find all that just in "One" spot.

I know back in the days of TS1 it was huge, still tere is no "reall" central point of refferance for me to see how it was and how did the hype start. It's my hope to provide that for the TS2 community and it's my hope people will like and enjoy the project.

Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: 2005 November 10, 18:02:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And I wish you the best with it.  My situation is a little different from some of the others here as I was *personally* asked by the site owner of VS to make it clear what side I was on, therefore my actions need to be fairly obvious or he'll get confused again.  Basically on matters pertaining to VS and their "team", I am simply being as childish as I was invited to be Cheesy

idtaminger
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2005 November 10, 19:00:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Inge, really, I understand your point of view and as I said, I respect your dissicion (argh! how do you spell that?! Roll Eyes). Still I think it would be a shame to miss you amongst the others and only because of the past incidents. Of course I don't know what you had to put up with, in all these years you've been in the community.

Or you could just lose Rentechd, and then you'd probably get Inge's participation.

I don't see what Rentechd has done anyway that's been so important, really, as I didn't even know who she was b4 this whole fiasco, and I've actually been in the sims 2 community since b4 the game even came out.

If made to choose between Inge and Rentechd, I would think Inge would be the more logical choice, no?
simmiecal
Dead Member

No kittens within five miles of my house! :)

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2005 November 10, 19:39:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If made to choose between Inge and Rentechd, I would think Inge would be the more logical choice, no?

She'd be thesimlogical choice!   Cheesy

To be honest with you, I'd don't have anything invested in the community. I try to help where I can but I'm such a noob that my efforts are infinitely small compared to what modders like Inge, JM, TwoJeffs and others have contributed. I just started participating in the online community literally days before JM left VS. Didn't know what was going on, only that everyone on the BBS said that JM and TwoJeff's hacks would solve my bug problems.

People are people and things happen and people move on. The problem I have with VS is that IF I were to download something from that site, I have no reliable way to communicate with the modder as Rentechd has demonstrated the tendency to alter and delete threads. I also would have no way of following a modder if he/she decided to move their stuff elsewhere - I would just log on one day, not be able to find there stuff, there would be no post about nor a link to the new site. I'm not going to put something in my game knowing that at some point in the future, I won't be able to contact the modder because someone with a god complex runs the site.

Also, with little squabbles like these, nobody looks good. But, the behaviour from VS members has been consistently bad with many people. If one or two people have a problem, it could be either party. When whole groups of people have a problem, you can be reasonably sure where the problem lies.

I would be infinitely more interested in what Inge has to say than Rentechd. Inge's mods are indispensible to my game.  The only thing I ever downloaded of Rentechd's was a buggy gazebo that got deleted after I saw how it acted on my lot.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: