More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 04:39:41

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Sim missing upon family move-in
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Sim missing upon family move-in  (Read 6393 times)
Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

Li'l Shiv will totally cut a bitch.

View Profile
Sim missing upon family move-in
« on: 2008 October 20, 21:03:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just tried to start a new Asylum Challenge and moved in the 8 inmates, but one of them - naturally, the "head" of the household, whom I created first of the bunch - is missing from the lot. The others do know her. She is unavailable to phone, not because she doesn't own a phone but because 'housemate' doesn't know anyone not from the family to attempt to call. She remains in the family portrait. She does not appear in the icon roster (bottom left above the UI). Summoning via IngeCat throws error in the key of "Undefined Transition". Selecting 'Reset' allows her to appear, immediately throwing the error "No stack object present when required." Continued reset equals continued errorspaz until the sim is deleted. Log attached (hopefully correctly).

EPs up to FT; no cc search yet (useful here?). Can provide hack list, but it's a long one.

Any ideas what's up? I know there have been some 'incomplete save' glitches (AL-related?) where sims have gone AWOL, but I've not attempted to save this family at all yet. I'm willing to evict and re-move-in to see if that fixes things, but having just spent 2 hours furnishing the joint, I'd really hate to lose that work.

[attachment deleted by admin]

"It is always useful to face an enemy who is prepared to die for his country. This means that both you and he have exactly the same aim in mind." -General Tacticus
Nepheris
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
Re: Sim missing upon family move-in
« Reply #1 on: 2008 October 20, 21:18:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You could try using Inge's 'stuff stays while moving out' shrub (can't remember the correct name atm) to quickly see if evicting and moving back in fixes the problem, I suppose. That should at least keep all your hard work on the furnishings intact.

I am not awesome however, so you might want to wait till someone else suggests something Smiley
Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 October 21, 06:48:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I may have to do that, Nepheris. Undecided

Updated Lot Debugger in hopes of using spiffy Retrieve Missing Sim option, but the option did not appear with debug on or off. When entering lot debug-on (as I usually do), CatSummoning the missing sim (Elise) still throws same errors as above. CatSummoning Elise with debug off leaves her (and a couple other sims on the lot) frozen until I enter debug, at which point "no stack object present when required" fires again (and again and again...) until Elise is deleted. New log attached in case it helps.

I have one more thing I'm going to try before I go the 'stay-behind shrub' route. Am nervous about doing that, if only because I'll then have to save this family while the sim is still missing in order for the items to stay behind. May wuss (or act prudently, I dunno which) and evict without saving.

ETA: Yeah, that 'one more thing' was a no-go. Now hovering on the verge of an eviction.
« Last Edit: 2008 October 21, 13:03:30 by J. M. Pescado » Logged

"It is always useful to face an enemy who is prepared to die for his country. This means that both you and he have exactly the same aim in mind." -General Tacticus
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 October 21, 10:38:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ugh, it worries me that your logs show a "TemplateDog", I wonder if that sim can't show up because it's messed up its species.

ETA:
Also there's a gazillion of

Code:
Object Name : Social - Fight - Shove id : xxx	Room: -1

in your lot. Any idea on how they can be there? Stuck enemies or something?

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 October 21, 10:56:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It looks like you have a WHOLE METRIC WHACKTON of lost Shove controllers. I have no idea how this can happen, since there are more fight-shoves than have occurred in the history of Awesomeland on your one lot alone.

I am forced to conclude that your entire lot is FUBAR and you should destroy the lot.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 October 21, 11:16:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Aw, CRAPSPACKLE!!

Thanks for taking a look at this, guys. I'd applaud the inmates for attempting to foster an appropriately hostile home environment, but they apparently overshot the mark by juuuuust a bit. I do have "fightanyoneanytime" in the mix (mostly so I can direct YAs to pound that fricking Uni cow on command) and would be surprised now if that weren't involved in this conflagration. Not that I can get Squinge's input on the matter or anything...

Looks like it's demolition time. Which puts me in mind of a mod I'd love to see: Smite Lot, for a good ol' Vegas-style implosion/dust cloud demolotion visible from the neighbourhood screen.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 October 21, 13:00:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you want to pound someone on command, just shiftclick and "Make Furious With". Then pound them. RAGE!

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 October 22, 14:10:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, fricksauce.

Clinging desperately to a last shred of hope, I crushinated the lot and built over again. Moved Downloads folder to desktop and moved family into newly-built lot. AWOL sim did not reappear. Screwed family is screwed. Is 'hood screwed as well? Will doing the boogaloo and deleting this batch avert the dreaded fireball? The fact that they didn't ever meet anyone should help.

(*notes handy pound-on-command instructions for inevitable future use*)

ETA: Just realised it's going to be a bit hard to "prep sim for delete" if I can't even get her to show up and be selectable...
« Last Edit: 2008 October 22, 14:21:22 by Liz » Logged

toad
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 October 22, 23:22:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think they have to be present/selectable - I've deleted townies who haven't been there using Electric Boogaloo II with no problems.
Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 October 24, 15:17:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have one more question before I attempt the Boogaloo: should nuking the 'missing' sim suffice, or am I better deleting the entire family? I'd rather not nuke' em all if I don't have to, but if it's that or risk the neighbourhood...

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008 October 24, 22:59:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The buggy sim should be sufficient, but if anyone else bugs out, nuke 'em too.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: