More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 15:55:20

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Peasantry
| | |-+  Food Enthusiasm Fix
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Food Enthusiasm Fix  (Read 8020 times)
tunaisafish
Axe Murderer
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
Food Enthusiasm Fix
« on: 2008 October 19, 04:15:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

DESCRIPTION:
 Sims no longer get enthusiasm for cuisine for *everything* they eat.

BUGS/ANNOYANCES FIXED:
 - Gain is no longer a uniform rate for all food.
 - Sims no longer get a bonus for eating spoiled food.

FEATURES:
 - Cuisine enthusiasm LOSS for eating burnt or spoiled food.
 - Cuisine enthusiasm gain for eating fresh food.
 - No gain for any food of equivalent price or less than a hotdog.
 - Gain varies dependant on food price.

NOTES:
 - Unfortunately, food doesn't have any value that represents 'yumminess'.
   The price was the only thing that I could use that got rid of the enthusiasm
   for Chips, cereal etc.  Hotdogs was an average value.
   So some yummy desserts are excluded.
 - The gain will never exceed 50% of normal base rate, with minimum of 31%.
   Orig game gave 32% to all food.
 - Thought about using the sims favourite foods to increase enthusiasm too, but CBA.
 - Sims cooking/preparing food is a different area to the one addressed here.

COMPATIBILITY:
Tested by me in TS2-ALp1, requires FreeTime.
Should work fine with FT and no AL, since nothing I edited has changed since then.

HACK CONFLICTS:
 None known.

Dopp, Sagana, Inge

* tunaisafish_fix_enthusiasmfood.zip (1.43 KB - downloaded 636 times.)

Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
Re: Food Enthusiasm Fix
« Reply #1 on: 2008 October 19, 21:23:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you!

How high is the gain for fresh food? In my current game nobody eats anything but fresh food or fish. The farmer's are supplying everyone (and it's kinda fun to be a bit worried if there's a bad harvest or some sim is too stupid to be willing to buy a crate of food and instead gets a bunch of beeswax candles at the general store) though nosim is starving or anything. BUT, back on point, sounds like my play style might take away everything this mod gives?

Unsouper
tunaisafish
Axe Murderer
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 October 20, 00:42:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ooh... farmers and a limited supply of fresh food?
Not had chance to play with growing crops or selling them yet.
Is this all orig game stuff or is there a hack that you need?

There's no fresh food bonus, it's just that qualifies the meal for enthusiasm.
if it's not fresh then the group_meal_price must be greater than cheap food.

Then the rate is set at...
group_meal_price + offset (offset is currently 10)
and then adjusted up or down if it exceeds the limits of min and max. 31% and 50% of normal rate.

The values in bold are that ones that can be edited in the constants file.
min can go lower, but any value lower than 31 gets filtered out further up the chain.

um, so I dunno Smiley
Depends how much the game thinks the various fresh foods are worth.
If you set min=0, max = 0x1f, and offset = 0. That will probably rule out all most of the fresh food, and any food that does pass will get the minimum rate poss.

If I know more about the prices of fresh food then I could take that into account too instead of just the 'is_fresh' flag.

Alternatively, leave this be and install 'Enthusiasm gain mod' too.
Then your sims with less than 5 points of food interest will lose the obssessions of food that they have running the EAxis code.
Of course you may have to drag that interest down in the first place being as the orig EAxis code fscked up interests in the first place.

Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 October 20, 22:27:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm mostly just using regular Season's and OFB stuff for the farmers/food. But all my sims are using jfade's Seasoned Pantry as fridges:
http://www.djssims.com/index.php?category=1&subcat=1

It's empty to start with and you can't stock it with anything but fresh food or fish (even if you buy groceries at a regular store, they won't stock and you can't call for food delivery if you have that fridge on the lot.) So there's no cheating - either they bought the food at the store or they go hungry (unless they talk old Fishel Beiser - my fisherman - into letting them plunder his lake, but he's pretty particular about who he lets stop by.)

I'm also using the produce and fish packing stations from simswardrobe:
http://www.simwardrobe.com/ (under objects/business) cuz, uh, it's ridiculous to sell veggies one veggie at a time Smiley

I'll probably end up with JMs whole gardening set later on, but the farm is so small right now it doesn't really need it.

I probably will get both this and the enthusiasm mod. I intend to. But I'm trying to set up this whole complicated system for what is and isn't allowed (a sim can have a job in this career if they have this interest and that OTH and this much education and another sim is already such and so a level in another career) soooo... I don't want to add things I'm not quite sure how will work until I have it all worked out (at least what each thing will take) and can tell what effect the mod will have.

I don't know what the fresh foods are worth. I think they're the same as regular foods with a 'sparkly' bonus. But I have no idea what the bonus is Smiley

Unsouper
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 October 21, 19:51:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Fresh food bonus is 2x FPV. It's not "explicit", but when a sim eats a fresh food, he gains two hunger points for each food point instead of one. One of the side effects is that it doubles the rate at which refuelling occurs.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: