More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 17, 09:51:42

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6518 Members
Latest Member: Willaemann
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Categorizing outfits as maternity + deleting through bodyshop
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Categorizing outfits as maternity + deleting through bodyshop  (Read 6328 times)
Insanity Prelude
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
Categorizing outfits as maternity + deleting through bodyshop
« on: 2008 October 15, 01:11:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Some of the female outfits I've downloaded have pregnant morphs.
Wardrobe Wrangler has "Maternity" under the categories you can place an outfit in.

Would putting an outfit in that category add it to the rotation (nice to get away from those ugly Maxian outfits,) break the game, or just do nothing?

Edit: While I'm at it- I never really thought about it before, but is deleting CC through Bodyshop some kind of VBT?
« Last Edit: 2008 October 15, 02:35:24 by Insanity Prelude » Logged
Dea
Lipless Loser

View Profile
Re: Categorizing outfits as maternity + deleting through bodyshop
« Reply #1 on: 2008 October 15, 02:56:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Edit: While I'm at it- I never really thought about it before, but is deleting CC through Bodyshop some kind of VBT?

I don't see why, for some things that's the only way to delete cc unless you can identify it in your Downloads folder.  My downloads folder isn't awesome enough to contain preview pics of each file so that I can identify them though.

As for the Wardrobe Wrangler question, 

Need Help? If you have any questions regarding this program and/or need help getting it to run, please ask in the forum.

That quote is from DJ Sims, where you got WW, a good place to ask that question since MATY is not a support forum for WW.

ISFJ
Insanity Prelude
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 October 15, 03:05:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's more a question of whether custom-categorizing outfits as maternity would cause a BFBVFS, and I figured since the mod experts are here at MATY someone would know.

plus I don't feel like registering at the DJS forums right now
Quinctia
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2008 October 15, 05:16:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here is my experience with clothes categorized as Maternity:

- If they are categorized as Maternity AND townified, it seems quite likely that the sim will "acquire" a custom Maternity outfit upon age up, like they do in all the other categories.

- If the sim "pops" into a Maternity outfit, however, it will still be one of the Maxis defaults.  (If you have a hack to allow all outfits for pregnant sims, they obviously won't pop into a Maternity outfit at all.)

- You can plan outfit and if a Maternity outfit is owned by someone on the lot, you can put the sim in it.

- On next lot load, the sim will be wearing the custom Maternity outfit in the family load portrait.  However, they will be back to wearing Maxis defaults.  You will have to plan outfit AGAIN to get them back into the custom outfit.

- I have had no issues deleting these clothes.  They are still normal custom outfits otherwise.

So, I've not really found the function useful.  Since I tend to keep a sim in the same outfit for an entire lifestage, I've found it slightly useful in that I can give a sim with a two-part outfit or one without a pregnancy morph in the mesh a maternity outfit, but it's a pain redoing it every lot reload.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 October 15, 12:02:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

- If they are categorized as Maternity AND townified, it seems quite likely that the sim will "acquire" a custom Maternity outfit upon age up, like they do in all the other categories.

I tested that a while ago, and it didn't work.  I didn't look deeper into it though.

Oh, and deleting through bodyshop is not a problem unless:
a) The outfit you are deleting is linked to a maxis texture, or otherwise connected to game files.  This goes for things like unlocked career outfits, age conversions, and similar stuff.
b) This is the only outfit linked to its mesh.  This will not cause any problems, but it leaves an unlinked mesh in your downloads, and that takes up space.

In fact, deleting outfits from within the game also deletes its thumbnail, which deleting it outside the game doesn't.  So it keeps your thumbnail file from being full of crap you don't need.
Of course, if you're deleting a lot of stuff, you can just delete the thumbnail file.
« Last Edit: 2008 October 15, 12:19:21 by Gwill » Logged

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
Insanity Prelude
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 October 15, 20:04:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Awesome. I was in kind of a suspicious, "did EA fuck this up too?" mood so I figured it was worth asking- good to know they didn't.
Gastfyr
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 October 15, 20:31:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, and deleting through bodyshop is not a problem unless:
a) The outfit you are deleting is linked to a maxis texture, or otherwise connected to game files.  This goes for things like unlocked career outfits, age conversions, and similar stuff.
I never knew that.  Does this apply to recolours we do of Maxis stuff (just recolouring the texture, so it's still the same Maxis texture)?

TS3: it's really cool if you don't look too closely! - bottles
Insanity Prelude
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 October 15, 20:39:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

CloudlessNights's conversions of the Teen Style goth dresses work fine without Teen Style Stuff.

Which is good, because I'm sure I deleted at least one and you had me worried there with the "age conversions" bit.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 October 15, 20:45:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does this apply to recolours we do of Maxis stuff (just recolouring the texture, so it's still the same Maxis texture)?

No.  Recolours are completely new images.  Very, VERY few files fall into this category, and usually the creator has the sense to warn you.  If it has a custom content star, you probably don't have to worry.
Oh, and if your game files are marked read only, you can't go wrong.

It took me a while to think of an example:  Some compressed all age conversions I did.
« Last Edit: 2008 October 15, 20:51:15 by Gwill » Logged

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
Witches
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2008 October 16, 20:48:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This may be the stupidest question ever, but I can't delete anything in bodyshop. I have to do it in CAS. I don't see the little trashcan in bodyshop. What am I missing?

And since I'm being stupid anyways, am I the only one who can no longer delete makeup and accessories in-game? Is this something I could do in bodyshop? I've got Fairy wings that won't go away even though they're not in my DL folder.

Thx.

Visit The Sims 2 Writer's Block for stories about the sims.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2008 October 16, 21:03:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Which screen are you trying to delete stuff on? You can't on the 'start new project' screen, you need to open up the 'build sims' screen.

Nope, I can't delete makeup or accessories in game either. Haven't been able to do so for a few EPs now. You can delete it in bodyshop though, on the 'build sims' screen.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: