More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 26, 04:17:44

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Does anything like this already exist? Is this even possible?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Does anything like this already exist? Is this even possible?  (Read 7442 times)
Gastfyr
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
Does anything like this already exist? Is this even possible?
« on: 2008 October 08, 02:40:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was thinking, and I think it would be awesome to have buyable single-use objects (something like potions) with the following effects:

Sunblock - sim can stay in hot sun longer without sunburn
Suntan Oil - sim is more likely to tan in sun
Aloe Vera Gel - cures or reduces the duration of sunburn
Calamine Lotion - cures or reduces the duration of poision ivy
Insect Repellent - reduces sim's chance of being attacked by bees

I don't know if something like this is even possible.  If anything like this already exists, can someone please point me in the right direction?  Grin

TS3: it's really cool if you don't look too closely! - bottles
fatkitty
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Re: Does anything like this already exist? Is this even possible?
« Reply #1 on: 2008 October 08, 02:46:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's a mod on MTS2 that reduces the chance of bees and Squinge has a mod that eliminates the bees altogether.
mitchellcjs
The Genius
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 October 08, 02:52:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Those actually sound interesting and useful.  I don't know if they'd be possible, but they're NEAT.
Gastfyr
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 October 08, 02:57:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks, fatkitty.  I didn't know about those mods.

I'm looking for something that the sim would have to pay for, though, and something with a limited time effect.  Those mods would make the game easier, but I kinda think it's easy enough already.  lol

mitchellcjs, I'm glad you like the idea.  I just thought of another one: Spray on Tan!  Sim uses it for an immediate sunnles tan.   Wink  lol

TS3: it's really cool if you don't look too closely! - bottles
Gamblor
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 October 08, 09:14:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Good ideas Gastfyr you should request them to Squinge over at Insim. More Attitude Then You! dosen't take request here and they will also tell you wrong freakin topic numb nuts try google school. Tool!  Cheesy In the nicest way of course Smiley
« Last Edit: 2008 October 08, 09:41:14 by Gamblor » Logged

A Sims Nightmare!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 October 08, 11:02:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

See, my approach to the bees was just to make them non-queue-stomping, so that they occur without disrupting your instructions. Because I think the bees thing is hilarious. MOAR BEES! Because I'm perfectly fine with comical side effects as long as they don't disrupt MY ORDERS. As for sunburn, never run into it as an issue. If you actually WANT to give your sim probable skin cancer, there's the hacked Numenorian.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

Li'l Shiv will totally cut a bitch.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 October 08, 17:33:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm also a fan of the bees. Sudden minor crisis that doesn't totally disrupt my plans for my sims? Always a welcome addition. Plus, the comical kermitflailing is win.
I still crack up every time I see "This time your obstacle is... BEES." Yes, I'm terribly difficult to amuse.

"It is always useful to face an enemy who is prepared to die for his country. This means that both you and he have exactly the same aim in mind." -General Tacticus
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 October 08, 23:38:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This has some similarities to Inge's AGS system:

http://www.simlogical.com/sl/Sims2Pages/Sims2_AGS.htm

I'm awaiting an update for that as I want to buy jumpropes and baseballs for the kids and fishing poles before they can fish and whatnot. Seems like some of those would fit very well in there. I have the sunbathe anywhere hack (from Inge also) which is fun, but I wouldn't mind if they couldn't do it unless they had a towel or suntan oil or whatever.

Unsouper
mitchellcjs
The Genius
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 October 09, 01:52:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I really liked the idea of a purchasable "potion" or something that reduced chances for a limited amount of time, much more than hacks that always reduce that chance.  I'm still hoping it's possible or doable.  Perfume has a duration and an effect.  Perhaps just designing a new effect and potion bottle?  It's way beyond my abilities, though.
Mizz Rose Bud
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 October 10, 12:13:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I really liked the idea of a purchasable "potion" or something that reduced chances for a limited amount of time, much more than hacks that always reduce that chance.  I'm still hoping it's possible or doable.  Perfume has a duration and an effect.  Perhaps just designing a new effect and potion bottle?  It's way beyond my abilities, though.

I really like that idea too ... and Parsimonious already have the bottles, they just need to be "filled"
http://www.parsimonious.org/furniture2/shops/k8-Rizzales_Apothecary.shtml

Rose
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: